Unlimited How Not to Be a Fat Fucky Bastard thread: now 100% more fat free

Started by Doktor Howl, April 16, 2010, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've been eating a couple of apples a day (they're in season) and while I don't weigh any less (I've been holding steady at 135 for months) I am slimmer around my middle. Could just be coincidence. But I'm back in size six or eight jeans (depending on the brand), and the tens just hang off me. Woot!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 19, 2011, 04:58:53 PM
Afaik less than 3% in whole milk?

Really, cause this article I read in the NY Times said there was no difference in weight gain between people dirnking no milk and drinking whole milk and drinking skimmed milk.

But hey I'll gladly give up milk in my coffee if it means I can drink a few more beers.

It's not the fat content.  It's to do with how milk stimulates an insulinemic response in the body, which increaes carb uptake and makes you fatter, essentially.

Salty

Do you have any links to that info? I am very curious about it.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3545955

QuoteMilk was a particularly potent insulin secretagogue; the observed insulin response was approximately 5-fold greater than would be anticipated from the glucose response.

Salty

Cain

Apparently a couple of teaspoons of cream is OK, though, for coffee.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 19, 2011, 05:04:07 PM
Well yeah, I don't drink milk for thirst or anything, that's what water is for.

Milk is for coffee and pancakes, mostly.

I'd probably do better cutting the sugar in my coffee.

As long as I get to drink beer.
I lost 35 pounds (16 kg) last year without cutting my beer consumption.  I made myself go to to the gym on days I didn't want to, increased the amount of cardio I did, and cut my portion sizes.  I'm down about as low as I want to be now, and I have kept my weight pretty steady since then.

Also, I like my coffee black, I don't like to drink sodas, I don't like most sweets, and I avoid trans-fats as if I had a religious prohibition against them, and that all helps me.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on October 19, 2011, 07:27:44 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on October 19, 2011, 05:04:07 PM
Well yeah, I don't drink milk for thirst or anything, that's what water is for.

Milk is for coffee and pancakes, mostly.

I'd probably do better cutting the sugar in my coffee.

As long as I get to drink beer.
I lost 35 pounds (16 kg) last year without cutting my beer consumption.  I made myself go to to the gym on days I didn't want to, increased the amount of cardio I did, and cut my portion sizes.  I'm down about as low as I want to be now, and I have kept my weight pretty steady since then.

Also, I like my coffee black, I don't like to drink sodas, I don't like most sweets, and I avoid trans-fats as if I had a religious prohibition against them, and that all helps me.

I mostly quit beer, for a good while. I'm drinking it again now (can't handle wine or hard liquor too well anymore) but I can't handle the quantities that I used to... I remember when going out and having seven or eight pints was just the way it went. Now, if I have four I wake up sick in the middle of the night and my whole next day is fucked.

I had three liquor drinks at the Nest last night, and thought I was going to die last night. Today I'm not in form, either.

Beneficial side effect; with so little drinking I have no problem staying trim. I don't like sweets much and I don't really eat bread or pasta. Plus, I can get absolutely shit-face nestered for about $7. (I don't know if this is really a bonus, but it sure beats the old days of the $50 bar tab.)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Precious Moments Zalgo

I get worse hangovers with a lot less alcohol than it used to take, but I think that's mainly because I'm older now.

I usually don't drink more than 2-4 beers in a day, but then again I'm usually drinking mid-high gravity stuff.

Cain

Also, under the plan I'm trying, it's no beer except for on binge day (the one day of the week where I am expected and encouraged to break all the rules concerning the diet).

But, on the other hand, red wine is perfectly acceptable.  I'm not really a big alcohol drinker in the first place (if your chosen drink is scotch, you learn moderation quickly, or you end up broke - or with liver poisoning) so this is fine by me. 

Precious Moments Zalgo

Healthwise, dark and/or hoppy ales ≥ red wine.

Diet plans that include binge days are good.  You won't undo six days worth of progress in one day of binging, and the once-a-week satisfying of cravings will make the plan much easier to stick to.

Salty

I hope no one minds me saying so...

I have been finding it incredibly difficult to gain weight. All I want is to fill shirts that are small.
I'm supposed to eat 5-6 meals full meals per day and something about that just gets me. I feel guilty for eating more than I need and I need very little. Even to keep from being grumpy-eating three meals a day-is more than I feel I need.

I was packing in calories where I could, peanut butter in protein shakes with bananas and spinach, when I developed a nice peanut allergy and couldn't eat much for a week and it put me off the whole thing. I consume more dairy.

Is it stupid to feel shameful about eating more than I need, especially when others have so little?

Triple Zero

It's kinda stupid because it's not like you're eating their food or anything. It's not like any food you *don't* eat somehow magically turns up at the people that have very little. Because that's more an issue of transport and economics than whether there's actually enough food to go around. So basically, you'd be withholding yourself experiencing joy from delicious food that they wouldn't eat otherwise anyway, so from a utilitarian ethics point of view, you are strictly decreasing the total amount of happiness for everybody, and therefore it is morally wrong to not allow yourself to enjoy delicious food even if it's more than what you need, within reasonable limits, of course.

Hope that makes you feel better!

BTW I'm not really trying to lose weight or anything, I'm in fine shape, it's just that I sometimes have a bit of a belly which I'd rather have be a bit smaller.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Eater of Clowns

I wouldn't mind gaining weight either, but I can't because Alty eats all my food.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Salty

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 20, 2011, 02:47:40 PM
It's kinda stupid because it's not like you're eating their food or anything. It's not like any food you *don't* eat somehow magically turns up at the people that have very little. Because that's more an issue of transport and economics than whether there's actually enough food to go around. So basically, you'd be withholding yourself experiencing joy from delicious food that they wouldn't eat otherwise anyway, so from a utilitarian ethics point of view, you are strictly decreasing the total amount of happiness for everybody, and therefore it is morally wrong to not allow yourself to enjoy delicious food even if it's more than what you need, within reasonable limits, of course.

Hope that makes you feel better!

BTW I'm not really trying to lose weight or anything, I'm in fine shape, it's just that I sometimes have a bit of a belly which I'd rather have be a bit smaller.

It totally does make me feel better!

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 20, 2011, 02:54:00 PM
I wouldn't mind gaining weight either, but I can't because Alty eats all my food.

:argh!: