News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Unlimited How Not to Be a Fat Fucky Bastard thread: now 100% more fat free

Started by Doktor Howl, April 16, 2010, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

But how can you walk around if the landscape hasn't been painted over?  :?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 10, 2012, 06:03:57 PM
Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 10, 2012, 08:24:55 AM
IME the best weight-loss practice is to get a decent amount of outdoor exercise

That's my main problem.  By virtue of my job, I'm not allowed to be more than five minutes from the building while on duty.  I mean, I could just do laps around the building, but I suspect after the fifth pass, someone might get suspicious and shoot me.

Because I used to live in the middle of nowhere, I did ride my bike and walk lots to get anywhere.  On top of martial arts classes, swimming lessons and a few other things.  Which is one reason I may look at going to a boarding school in the countryside, at some point.  I'm not cut out for an all-tarmac environment.

Ugh, that sounds wretchedly tedious. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on May 09, 2012, 05:38:56 PM
Yeah, I considered that, but I actually don't like bananas all that much. 

Besides, this way I can build up rage and explode it over my students when they least expect it.  Serves the little bastards right.  Lately I've been a bit too "meh" with them, so uncontrollable anger will keep them off balance.

frozen Banana (peel first) + buttermilk + blender = awesome milkshake.

also, buttermilk is kind of like yoghurt sorta.

but then if you simply don't like the flavour of banana, that won't help.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LizKing531

Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 10, 2012, 05:39:42 PM
Quote from: LizKing531 on May 10, 2012, 05:31:37 PM
I personally believe it is morally reprehensible to pass on this colony to sick or healthy friends when, to date, so little is known about its proper use. At present there are no credible, recent studies as to the safety or usefulness of Kombucha, despite decades of hype.

Basically that's where I got that from - I hadn't read the whole article recently, just recalling the original article hosted on Fungi Perfecti from memory.

So, a bit of hyperbole on your part.

I dunno about hyperbolic - he did say he thinks it's morally reprehensible to pass the colony on -

I'll make sure to get my citations in order better to avoid such misunderstandings

*just was interested in anyone else's experience with this live snot in a jar

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LizKing531 on May 10, 2012, 09:44:47 PM
Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 10, 2012, 05:39:42 PM
Quote from: LizKing531 on May 10, 2012, 05:31:37 PM
I personally believe it is morally reprehensible to pass on this colony to sick or healthy friends when, to date, so little is known about its proper use. At present there are no credible, recent studies as to the safety or usefulness of Kombucha, despite decades of hype.

Basically that's where I got that from - I hadn't read the whole article recently, just recalling the original article hosted on Fungi Perfecti from memory.

So, a bit of hyperbole on your part.

I dunno about hyperbolic - he did say he thinks it's morally reprehensible to pass the colony on -

I'll make sure to get my citations in order better to avoid such misunderstandings

*just was interested in anyone else's experience with this live snot in a jar

This is a totally insignificant argument, but I dislike people who weasel around.

Quote from: LizKing531 on May 10, 2012, 04:16:30 PM
Speaking of fermented, Anyone familiar with kombucha?

I've been an off & on advocate of drinking it - tons of probiotics, etc. There's some interesting claims made for it, although folks like Paul Stamets claim they wouldn't touch it -

You misquoted someone. Just sack up and own it. It's not like you're going to lose face by going "Oh, I guess that's not at all what he said". FFS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Wait.  Infect yourself with fungus to lose weight?

HOW STUPID OF ME, WITH MY "EAT LESS AND EXERCISE MORE" 12TH CENTURY OUTMODED BULLSHIT!

OH, THE SHAME!
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 10, 2012, 05:24:35 PM
The most condemning paragraph quoted:

QuoteThose who might benefit from Kombucha need a credible and experienced professional who could best prescribe and administer it. I do not see the advantage of taking Kombucha by people in good health. Given the detrimental effects seen from prolonged exposure to antibiotics, the repeated, long term use of Kombucha may cause its own universe of problems. I wonder about those people who have adverse reactions to antibiotics? What about those with sensitivity to the microorganisms in Kombucha? I personally believe it is morally reprehensible to pass on this colony to sick or healthy friends when, to date, so little is known about its proper use. At present there are no credible, recent studies as to the safety or usefulness of Kombucha, despite decades of hype.

??? People have been drinking that stuff for thousands of years, haven't they?
Shouldn't he be more concerned about crap like sodas?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2012, 12:36:43 AM

HOW STUPID OF ME, WITH MY "EAT LESS AND EXERCISE MORE" 12TH CENTURY OUTMODED BULLSHIT!

OH, THE SHAME!

Don't interfere with CAPITALIZM, Dok! LOSE WEIGHT WITHOUT DIET AND EXERCISE SEND ME $$$$$ AND I'LL TELL YOU HOW!!!!!

And no, even kombucha won't help a lardass.  :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 11, 2012, 12:47:47 AM

OH, THE SHAME!

Don't interfere with CAPITALIZM, Dok! LOSE WEIGHT WITHOUT DIET AND EXERCISE SEND ME $$$$$ AND I'LL TELL YOU HOW!!!!!

Plus, it tastes like sweet tea that someone left on the counter for a week.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 11, 2012, 12:49:02 AM

OH, THE SHAME!

I like it. But I'm kinda bent.  :lol:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 11, 2012, 12:49:58 AM

OH, THE SHAME!

She is, seriously.  She lives in small town Texas, and nobody's MAKING her do it.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2012, 12:52:07 AM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 11, 2012, 12:49:58 AM

OH, THE SHAME!

She is, seriously.  She lives in small town Texas, and nobody's MAKING her do it.

I'm the only one here who knows what it IS.
I should tell them Reagan used to drink it.  :lol:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 11, 2012, 12:39:37 AM??? People have been drinking that stuff for thousands of years, haven't they?

Oh, have they?

Quote from: WPThe recorded history of kombucha began in Russia during the late 19th century.[citation needed] In Russian, the kombucha culture is called čajnyj grib чайный гриб (lit. "tea mushroom"), and the drink itself is called grib гриб ("mushroom"), "tea kvass" чайный квас, or simply kvass, which differs from regular kvass traditionally made from water and stale rye bread.

Some promotional kombucha sources suggest the history of this tea-based beverage originated in ancient China or Japan, though no written records support these assumptions (see history of tea in China and history of tea in Japan). One author reported kombucha, famously known as the "Godly Tsche [i.e., tea]" during the Chinese Qin Dynasty (221-206 BCE), was "a beverage with magical powers enabling people to live forever".[3]

:lulz:

I read up about Kombucha a while ago because as you know I'm always interested in strange homemade food experiments. My conclusions were:

- it's not at all as ancient as people would like you to believe.
- there's no conclusive evidence that it's particularly super healthy or beneficial, it contains some nutrients, but then so does instant soup.
- there's no conclusive evidence that it's particularly bad for you either, except if the SCOBY gets infected.

Given these attributes, I nominate it to be the perfect Official Wiccan Beverage.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 11, 2012, 02:28:12 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 11, 2012, 12:39:37 AM??? People have been drinking that stuff for thousands of years, haven't they?

Oh, have they?

Quote from: WPThe recorded history of kombucha began in Russia during the late 19th century.[citation needed] In Russian, the kombucha culture is called čajnyj grib чайный гриб (lit. "tea mushroom"), and the drink itself is called grib гриб ("mushroom"), "tea kvass" чайный квас, or simply kvass, which differs from regular kvass traditionally made from water and stale rye bread.

Some promotional kombucha sources suggest the history of this tea-based beverage originated in ancient China or Japan, though no written records support these assumptions (see history of tea in China and history of tea in Japan). One author reported kombucha, famously known as the "Godly Tsche [i.e., tea]" during the Chinese Qin Dynasty (221-206 BCE), was "a beverage with magical powers enabling people to live forever".[3]

:lulz:

I read up about Kombucha a while ago because as you know I'm always interested in strange homemade food experiments. My conclusions were:

- it's not at all as ancient as people would like you to believe.
- there's no conclusive evidence that it's particularly super healthy or beneficial, it contains some nutrients, but then so does instant soup.
- there's no conclusive evidence that it's particularly bad for you either, except if the SCOBY gets infected.

Given these attributes, I nominate it to be the perfect Official Wiccan Beverage.

The problem with calling it Wiccan is that it tastes nothing like Kool Aid.

Triple Zero