News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Unlimited How Not to Be a Fat Fucky Bastard thread: now 100% more fat free

Started by Doktor Howl, April 16, 2010, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Yep. It's pretty borked for the ladies. I'm on the tall side and have an athletic build so it puts me in a part of the scale I don't belong on.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Xieante Antitheus

Yeah, I'm about ready to give up eating all together...

The diet I supposedly should be on... (Medically)

FOODS TO AVOID
* wheat * - this includes breads, cakes and pasta products, all based on wheat
* red meats *
* refined and concentrated carbohydrates * bread, flour, cakes from refined flours
* refined sugars and honey *
* alcohol *
* caffeine * -  which is found in tea, coffee, soft drinks
* chocolate * - as it contains sugars
* dairy produce * - includingall milk and cheese
* fried food, margarine and hydrogenated fats *
* soy products and soy protein products *
* tinned and frozen packaged foods * - as little as possible
* additives and preservatives *

Now veggies are grand, however, I have an additional list on top of this on of fruits and veggies to avoid as well.

I pretty much ignore the whole shit for the most part. I can't afford almost anything on the list of things I "should" eat on a regular basis.
I am not who you think I am
I am not who I think I am
I am who you think I think I am

Perception & Intent

SOLVE ET COAGULA

Don Coyote

Quote from: Xieante Antitheus on December 04, 2010, 05:40:59 AM

FOODS TO AVOID
* red meats *
* refined and concentrated carbohydrates * bread, flour, cakes from refined flours
* alcohol *

Now veggies are grand, however, I have an additional list on top of this on of fruits and veggies to avoid as well.

I pretty much ignore the whole shit for the most part. I can't afford almost anything on the list of things I "should" eat on a regular basis.

Reasoning behind all these restrictions?

Requia ☣

I'd probably kill myself if I tried to lose enough weight to be normal according to the BMI (not that I can't stand to lose another 50 pounds, also, I'm down 50 pounds for the last year).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I know I'm not fat, which makes the BMI completely retarded. I am made out of muscle and bone, is all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nigel on December 04, 2010, 05:58:13 AM
I know I'm not fat, which makes the BMI completely retarded. I am made out of muscle and bone, is all.

I am so glad I stopped trying to get drunk tonight. I would have gotten myself into trouble. :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Xieante Antitheus on December 04, 2010, 05:40:59 AM

FOODS TO AVOID
* red meats *
* alcohol *

Please tell me these "medical" restrictions aren't based on advice from a naturopath.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

'cause that looks like some bullshit a naturopath would come up with. I hate those fuckers.

Xieante Antitheus

Dietitian recommendations for those with severe endometriosis . Due to a bunch of hormonal reactions and the BS that disease can pull on your digestive/urinary system.

Most people with mild - moderate endo don't have to worry so much.
I just can't wait for my surgery to have it all yanked out of me. :)

Perception & Intent

SOLVE ET COAGULA

Don Coyote

Quote from: Xieante Antitheus on December 04, 2010, 06:11:34 AM
Dietitian recommendations for those with severe endometriosis . Due to a bunch of hormonal reactions and the BS that disease can pull on your digestive/urinary system.

I just wiki'd it, and I didn't see anything about diet affecting it. -shrug- but it is wikipedia.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Xieante Antitheus on December 04, 2010, 06:11:34 AM

Oh, a "dietitian".

Xieante Antitheus

Yeah, however I don't trust many "professional" anythings.

Hate doctors, dentists, dietitians, shrinks, counselors... All a bunch of wack-jobs to me.
Want money more then to honestly help.

The only thing on that list I "have to" follow, via trial and error is the avoidance of red meat and excessive dairy. Makes me super crazy sick. 

Perception & Intent

SOLVE ET COAGULA

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Um, the difference between a doctor and a dietition is about six years of education. Just a thought.

How's that rock you live under?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And I... I can't even really respond to your lumping together of dietitians with people with advanced degrees. WTF. I'm sorry if you don't have a good doctor or dentist, but really, WTF. IMO someone who takes medical advice from a dietition for endometriosis and then writes off all health-care professionals as "whackjobs" is saying a lot more about themselves than anything else.

Xieante Antitheus

Fantastic actually! I love my rock.

Anyone would hate doctors if ya end up going through 5 different treatments from 6 different doctors before one fairly common skin condition could be properly diagnosed and treated properly.

And go figure the doctors are not the ones who did so. I just picked up a ton of medical and dermatology books, visited a few forums and figured it out for myself.

So pardon me for being a bit dissatisfied with these professionals.

The list continues one disappointment after another.
But perhaps your right and I've just never seen a "good" doctor. Is there really such a thing? I'd sure like to find one...

Perception & Intent

SOLVE ET COAGULA