News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Nigel's possibly slightly less stupid love life

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 16, 2010, 06:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My ex was gay. I am pretty sure this one's not, but, hell, I could make the same mistake twice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysnomia

That's what cute assyrian nerd does too.  Maybe I can coax more out of him at the Museum on Weds.  Prob not though.
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What is up with funny boys who are clearly courting but not sexing?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Play along - chianti and poetry on a hill at sunset.

Dysnomia

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 17, 2010, 05:27:29 PM
What is up with funny boys who are clearly courting but not sexing?

I'm blaming CAN's behavior on it being cultural since he's from Iran, and has only lived in the US for a few years for college.  It's not something I'm looking for relationship wise but it's kinda fun to be treated like a delicate lady from time to time.   :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This boy does not treat me like a delicate lady. He is very anti-chivalry or other displays he considers sexist. This is quite disorienting, because I'm used to having doors opened for me, etc.

Dysnomia

But opening doors is not sexist.  It's just polite...I open doors for other people if I make it first, and if someone beats me it's always nice to have someone hold the door for me rather than to let it fall in my face. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on May 17, 2010, 05:42:20 PM
But opening doors is not sexist.  It's just polite...I open doors for other people if I make it first, and if someone beats me it's always nice to have someone hold the door for me rather than to let it fall in my face. 

If he gets to the door first, he opens it and holds it for me. Most men I've been with, though, make a point of ALWAYS opening the door, and opening and closing the car door for me, always doing the driving, etc. so I've gotten used to it.

He APOLOGIZED for opening my car door for me last night. He said "I know this looks like chivalry, but it's just that the locks are funny, I promise" as if I would be offended if I thought he was opening the door for me because I'm a woman, and his date.

Freeky

Nigel, it sounds like Mr. Language has indeed been Touched by Tucson.  I'm afraid this is a life-long condition, and he's not going to get "better," although I doubt he'll get any worse, unless he comes back.

:lol:

LMNO

In this day and age, it's a potentially lose/lose situation.  I've gotten glares for not rushing ahead and opening/holding doors for women, and I've also been scolded for treating women as if they are too weak and incapable of getting their own damn door.

Dysnomia

It really is, and I don't understand why some women think it's offensive.  I think it's just nice. 

But I suppose it's dying the sort of way table manners are.  I mean, I hardly see parents who teach their kids not to eat like a slob these days.  Which, unfortunately, is one of my MAJOR pet peeves.  I just cant take the mouth smacking.  Seriously, just CHEW WITH YOUR TRAP SHUT UGH!   :argh!:

Freeky

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on May 17, 2010, 06:20:43 PM
It really is, and I don't understand why some women think it's offensive.  I think it's just nice. 

But I suppose it's dying the sort of way table manners are.  I mean, I hardly see parents who teach their kids not to eat like a slob these days.  Which, unfortunately, is one of my MAJOR pet peeves.  I just cant take the mouth smacking.  Seriously, just CHEW WITH YOUR TRAP SHUT UGH!   :argh!:

That's so gross.  :vom:

LMNO

At the same time, while it is a nice courtesy for a guy to hold the door, et al, should a woman be offended if he doesn't?  Because the amount of shit guys get for not doing this seems pretty disproportionate.  I mean, if it's just common courtesy, why aren't women expected to do it?  You know, a general rule: "whoever is first to the door, hold it open for others."  Why is it a "men only" rule?

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO on May 17, 2010, 06:26:24 PM
At the same time, while it is a nice courtesy for a guy to hold the door, et al, should a woman be offended if he doesn't?  Because the amount of shit guys get for not doing this seems pretty disproportionate.  I mean, if it's just common courtesy, why aren't women expected to do it?  You know, a general rule: "whoever is first to the door, hold it open for others.  Why is it a "men only" rule?

That's silly. Doors are just doors, and everyone knows how to open them.