News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Nigel's possibly slightly less stupid love life

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 16, 2010, 06:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm starting a new thread because the old thread is full of fail and OT and needs to be abandoned. Clean me. If I don't get any good stories out of this one I'll send each of you a tube of salve.

So, current status: Still "almost single". Why my fucking husband won't just finish up this divorce is beyond me. The state won't let us get divorced until he has life insurance. I hate you, Oregon. I fucking hate you.

I just started dating an incredibly hot, incredibly nerdy scooter boi. I really can't believe I'm dating a programmer who rides a scooter; a month ago, before I saw this glamorous thing in a short skirt, I would have said ew. I also suspect him of being a trust-fund baby; just something about him, and how he doesn't have a job and isn't in school and has no debt, but has a nice apartment and a new car. But he is damn pretty, Italian, and likes to dress up as a girl. I am sold.

He is also really "down to eather and ok with what's up", which is good, because this is going nowhere and we are both comfortable with that.

In the meantime, my FBF has been trying for no less than two years to set me up with this guy Mr. Language who is one of her other best friends. Unfortunately, during this time I have been completely unable to pay attention, because first, well, I wrote 55 poems about... it, and then Mario (when I started seeing Mario she threw her hands up and said "Well fuck it. No one can compete with THAT"). But chance is sometimes kind, and the other night hanging out with my friend The Impossibly Short Eclectic Artist on her birthday, Mr. Language came into the Red Fox which is my favorite bar (also the only bar where the owner hugs me) and I had a conversation with him, and it was really good, and suddenly I realized that Mr. Language is quite appealing, in a let's-not-be-hasty way. In a seriously, let's not only not be hasty, but if we go there we had best fucking mean it way.

Which does not at all resolve my other problem, which in terms of Mr. Language becomes a pretty major problem, of having been in love with my non-FBF, who I conscientiously rarely mention, for the last three years, which perhaps I will someday just come to terms with and move past, allowing it to become a background hum as I go on with my stupid love life.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mr. Language just asked me out. W00t!

I was not aware until yesterday that Mr. Language is also the gentleman responsible for The Legendary Best Date Ever which I have heard about from my FBF at least five hundred times. He's a DJ at one of the local radio stations (DJ's, dammit. He was probably a philosophy major too) and for this date, they hung out at the station and talked and drank and he let her play anything she wanted. This probably wouldn't be MY Best Date Ever; in fact it sounds legendarily tedious, but for her it was epic.

Obviously they didn't work out, but they're really good friends now, which seems like a good sign.

He's in the process of opening a foreign-language school for kids and just generally being awesome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

Glad to hear things are going well.  I know it may be that early in the relationship rose colored glasses, but you really sound less conflicted and more generally happy about this guy. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.  Although if it turns out too well it may stop satisfying my need to enjoy the misfortunes of others.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks!

I'm a little concerned about being hung up on He Whom We Will Not Name, but I'll deal with it when/if it becomes an obstacle. I don't even know if I'm going to have chemistry with Mr. Language yet; no need to worry beyond the first date at this point.

Dysnomia

Seems like, yet again, we seem to be leading a parallel love life Nigel.  Since that's basically how I feel about Cute Assyrian Nerd. 

No matter!  Cute boys, flirting, and dates are always fun!  Right?   :D

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on April 18, 2010, 04:09:58 PM
Seems like, yet again, we seem to be leading a parallel love life Nigel.  Since that's basically how I feel about Cute Assyrian Nerd. 

ALWAYS!  ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY JAM THEIR FINGER IN YOUR EAR!

(or have a jar full of teeth.)
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 18, 2010, 04:11:49 PM

These are the highlights:lulz:

Dysnomia

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 18, 2010, 04:11:49 PM

:lulz:

Jasper

Where do you people find them?  I never have creepy hilarious dates.

OH and good luck with SeƱor Idiomas!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Ooooh I think I just got some kind of 21st-century Facebook serenaded! He posted a link to this: http://www.youtube.com/user/CoolPomegranate#p/u/16/bKTZhyY5-VM

I gotta get outta the house I can't believe I was checking Facebook at 1:15 on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So: Scooter Boi texts me at 7:30 on a Sunday night to see if I wanna hang out

Mr. Language emails me a week in advance to see if I might be available next Saturday.

Hello, Mr. Language.

Dysnomia

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, it's nice when people assume I might have a life.

Dysnomia

HEY NIGEL

ARE YOU BUSY IN LIEK 30 SECONDS FROM NOW?  YOU SHOULD TOTALLY COME OVER AND HANG OUT