News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

PlayboyGASM

Started by Lord Quantum, April 16, 2010, 10:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on May 17, 2010, 04:42:29 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on May 17, 2010, 07:33:59 AM
It is really funny when you think about it that way too. Has the sort of implication that these characters think that Hef can actually do something about it. This looks like a job for Hugh Hefner! Activate the Bunny Signal!

:lulz:

Fucking yes!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Hoser McRhizzy

^^as his bathrobe waves in the night sky...^^   :lol:  

edited for moar editing & threadspammage

It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Lord Quantum

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on May 17, 2010, 01:59:07 PM
Enjoy:

http://ifile.it/s3tyig7

I wasn't aware that we were into pataphysics. Good to know. I'll add that to my resume.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on May 17, 2010, 08:24:22 PM
^^as his bathrobe waves in the night sky...^^   :lol:  

edited for moar editing & threadspammage

I may be a noob myself but, I'm going to have to keep an eye on your posts. Waving bathrobe=perfect image

Hoser McRhizzy

Thanks.  Ditto and I like the cut of your jib.  :)

I've been playing with this letter, but decided it was time to hand it off.  Tried translating into the kind of writing Nigel linked to earlier, or Rorshack-speak, but I fail at it (I blame school papers and editing gigs... it's made me a bland panda).  But if it's salvageable, I invite you (anyone) to mess with it.  So, another possible resource: Your tv/internet is controlling you + MK Ultra and Naomi in there (could become a clue later in the conspiracy BBZ thought of) == Project Puppetrat.  Random cabal name: the Fraternal Order of Eris.

QuoteDear Hef,

Please relay my kudos to Hope Dworaczyk!  Her smile never ceases to brighten this horrid world, and we need her light now more than ever.  Though it brings me no joy, I must relay the most recent news from my infiltrator contacts in the government, as their proof is (sadly) airtight. 

You have no doubt noticed our newest generations of citizen seem 'addicted' to their electronics, but I warn you, there is no 'seems.'  Rather, the "Fraternal Order of Eris," a mad Discordian cult, has created this addiction for purposes we can only guess at (quite possibly, their own deranged amusement).

Chemical tests for "Project Puppetrat" began decades ago through their access to "MK-Naomi," a drug supplier for MK-Ultra.  By 1991, a complex soup was developed consisting of pure dopamine, paroxetine (Paxil) and hydrocodone/paracetamol (Vicodin).  Meanwhile, they found the perfect delivery system for Project Puppetrat! 

Seeing no need to inject the substance directly when so many people are reliant on electronics, these deviants connived to add their sick brew to the regular composition of communication devices.  As you know, ICT devices 'leak' minuscule amounts of lead, mercury, etc., and habitual use of ICTs cause chemical build-up in human bodies.  So it is with the dopamine soup release.

The end result is that citizens (instead of feeling assaulted by constant streams of information and demands to instantly respond) are actually addicted to being accessible to their toys!  With no choice but to ignore the environment, politics and their own educations, they fill out endless personality quizzes, 'poke' one another and view asinine videos in an unceasing Pavlovian search for their next fix.  Innocent and unknowing victims of a treacherous and unaccountable cabal.

A thick pair of rubber gloves and gas mask will not keep us safe forever, but may ward off manipulation long enough during my travels to uncover more of this heinous story and finally bring these slippery cultists into the light of public scrutiny!

Trust only the bunnies, Hef.  They are, as ever, blameless.  I will communicate with you again as soon as I know more.

Sincerely,
[_____]

the last yatto

really come on; F.O.E. ?
think they might get smart to what your attempting
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Telarus

I think we should avoid any obvious 'Discord' memes (but they're good placeholders), as Hef will(might?) probably remember who R.A.W. was.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

the last yatto

depends usually its the girls answering thee mail, if their e! is anything to go by
so he might enjoy a jake on the editors
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Hoser McRhizzy

Quote from: Pēleus on May 18, 2010, 11:43:38 PM
really come on; F.O.E. ?

This is good to know!  (taking the time to point out the fail - very appreciated)

I'm new to all this discordian stuff (no offense), don't know the history, never finished Illuminatus, and just found out yesterday that there's a history between your main guys and Hef.  Been reading non-stop for the past few months, but really I just like pranks, the trickster philosophy(ies) resonated, and I dove into this site when I found it.  Never occurred to me that F.O.E. would be a more obvious tip off than any of the other cabals listed in the link earlier in the thread.  Would just switching another cabal in there help, or is it doomed?

Quote from: Telarus on May 19, 2010, 01:30:03 AM
I think we should avoid any obvious 'Discord' memes (but they're good placeholders), as Hef will(might?) probably remember who R.A.W. was.

Really interesting...  Thinking I should take a cue from Twid and sit out 'til I get a better grip (on the history, what other people here are writing about, why this works as a prank, etc.).  Instructions for this were to take already established conspiracy theories and tie them in to Discordian cabals, so my approach was pretty much just cut-paste, but actual discordians will know what are obvious memes and what to avoid.

Back to the readin'.  :lol:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on May 19, 2010, 04:13:06 AM
really come on; F.O.E. ?

This is good to know!  (taking the time to point out the fail - very appreciated)

I'm new to all this discordian stuff (no offense), don't know the history, never finished Illuminatus, and just found out yesterday that there's a history between your main guys and Hef.  Been reading non-stop for the past few months, but really I just like pranks, the trickster philosophy(ies) resonated, and I dove into this site when I found it.  Never occurred to me that F.O.E. would be a more obvious tip off than any of the other cabals listed in the link earlier in the thread.  Would just switching another cabal in there help, or is it doomed?

Really interesting...  Thinking I should take a cue from Twid and sit out 'til I get a better grip (on the history, what other people here are writing about, why this works as a prank, etc.).  Instructions for this were to take already established conspiracy theories and tie them in to Discordian cabals, so my approach was pretty much just cut-paste, but actual discordians will know what are obvious memes and what to avoid.

I recommend that any references to Eris (if necessary) be referred to as Eridian rather than Discordian or Erisian. Eridian is actually correct (as opposed to Erisian which means nothing) and makes the characters seem more pedantic (yes I realize I'm condemning myself as a pedant by saying this), like a pseudointellectual would say, and makes him/them seem like an outsider. Maybe for a cabal name, say The Ancient and Worshipful Order of Erebus, or something like that. You should be involved, I'll be involved as much as I can, my sitting out is more due to get a consistency in writing style. Honestly, I think you're on a roll, and that the vets here will be able to give you guidance on already good ideas.

Telarus

Totally! I didn't mean to intimidate you into non-action or anything, but we're still in the phase of tightening down the concept so any ideas are welcome (but will probably have the chaff burnt off).

Welcome to Discord. We're more fucking esoteric than those Crowley fan-bois.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on May 19, 2010, 05:05:22 AM
Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on May 19, 2010, 04:13:06 AM
really come on; F.O.E. ?

I recommend that any references to Eris (if necessary) be referred to as Eridian rather than Discordian or Erisian. Eridian is actually correct (as opposed to Erisian which means nothing) and makes the characters seem more pedantic (yes I realize I'm condemning myself as a pedant by saying this), like a pseudointellectual would say, and makes him/them seem like an outsider. Maybe for a cabal name, say The Ancient and Worshipful Order of Erebus, or something like that. You should be involved, I'll be involved as much as I can, my sitting out is more due to get a consistency in writing style. Honestly, I think you're on a roll, and that the vets here will be able to give you guidance on already good ideas.

Just as a side note, I interrupted my first rereading of Illuminatus! because my semester started. I took notes with a pencil in the side margins to keep track of ideas that were brought forth, not for Discord's sake, but to make better sense of it. I get the sense that Illuminatus! needs to be read several times to fully appreciate it for the literary work that it is, Discordianism aside. Hell they poke fun at themselves for being drugged out hippies, include a negative book review that is the exact description of the trilogy, and has a hell of an ending. It literally made me laugh out loud when Joe Malik delivered that line in the sub (I was on lunch break at work). Not gonna give it away, but you should read it and appreciate it for what it is. Gonna get back to my note taking after Thursday (tomorrow) when I'm done with finals.

Lord Quantum

You know, the more I hear people saying that we shouldn't do anything that would lead someone back to this board the more I think that's exactly what we should be doing. Isn't everyone always saying that we need more media exposure? How else are we supposed to get it? The actual discussions that are going on on this board are way spookier than any conspiracy theory we could ever come up with. Think about, we're a bunch of people intentionally trying to cause chaos and confusion.

And what is up with this don't mention RAW stuff anyway? Do you really think Hef personally remembers every teeny tiny detail about everyone he's ever employed and everything those people have ever written? This is Playboy for crying out loud! He's been in this business for like 55 years now and in all that time, how often has the word "Eris" ever been used in the magazine? I bet even Playboy's review of Illuminatus! doesn't mention Her and yet, magically, everybody here really thinks that the people who answer the letters (who may not have even been born when these books were written) will automatically spot the joke as soon as they see that name? Come ooooon! Besides, seeing as how we're creating DIY conspiracy theories, we might as well drop all references to Discordians and just blame everything on the Catholics and Masons (like really real conspiracy theorists do).

Oh and by the way, this line is classic
Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on May 18, 2010, 10:10:12 PM

Trust only the bunnies, Hef.  They are, as ever, blameless. 

/quote]

The creepy thing is that phenomenon you're talking about actually exists, in a way. A recent study suggested that the reason why people find it so hard to avoid texting while driving is that dopamine is actually released to the brain when you get a text message. I think we may need to simplify the "soup" you mentioned though, too many pharmaceutical terms may cause the eyes to glaze over. I'm finishing up a short story right now but I'm gonna get back to my original letter idea soon. I think that our next letter should come from "Eric Burke".
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

the last yatto

Purple Monkey Mafia

would work, and they are inactive these days
and isnt overty discordian

BadBeast

I'm in.  I'll take off my tin foil hat for a bit. See what happens.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4