News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

PlayboyGASM

Started by Lord Quantum, April 16, 2010, 10:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Lord Quantum on May 19, 2010, 05:45:15 AM
Quote from: Telarus on May 19, 2010, 01:30:03 AM
I think we should avoid any obvious 'Discord' memes (but they're good placeholders), as Hef will(might?) probably remember who R.A.W. was.

You know, the more I hear people saying that we shouldn't do anything that would lead someone back to this board the more I think that's exactly what we should be doing. Isn't everyone always saying that we need more media exposure? How else are we supposed to get it? The actual discussions that are going on on this board are way spookier than any conspiracy theory we could ever come up with. Think about, we're a bunch of people intentionally trying to cause chaos and confusion.

And what is up with this don't mention RAW stuff anyway? Do you really think Hef personally remembers every teeny tiny detail about everyone he's ever employed and everything those people have ever written? This is Playboy for crying out loud! He's been in this business for like 55 years now and in all that time, how often has the word "Eris" ever been used in the magazine? I bet even Playboy's review of Illuminatus! doesn't mention Her and yet, magically, everybody here really thinks that the people who answer the letters (who may not have even been born when these books were written) will automatically spot the joke as soon as they see that name? Come ooooon! Besides, seeing as how we're creating DIY conspiracy theories, we might as well drop all references to Discordians and just blame everything on the Catholics and Masons (like really real conspiracy theorists do).

Oh and by the way, this line is classic
Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on May 18, 2010, 10:10:12 PM

Trust only the bunnies, Hef.  They are, as ever, blameless. 

/quote]

The creepy thing is that phenomenon you're talking about actually exists, in a way. A recent study suggested that the reason why people find it so hard to avoid texting while driving is that dopamine is actually released to the brain when you get a text message. I think we may need to simplify the "soup" you mentioned though, too many pharmaceutical terms may cause the eyes to glaze over. I'm finishing up a short story right now but I'm gonna get back to my original letter idea soon. I think that our next letter should come from "Eric Burke".

You do have a point here. I heard about Discordianism about 12 years ago, and yet here I am with approx. 100 posts now. I forgot about it for a long time. I actually stumbled here on a random google search that was unrelated to Discordianism about a year ago. And I signed up about 3 months ago (didn't post for a good while, but didn't read the threads either). Basically signed up for the GASMs. BTW, is anyone here (from the Metro Boston area) responsible for signs on Beacon St. for a lost grilled cheese that answers to the name "Fluffy"? It's old news, but just want to know. Almost called the number for shits and giggles, threatening to eat said sandwich if my demands weren't met.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Hoser McRhizzy

If this is too rambly, scroll down for tl;dr. 

Didn't mean to imply "Criticism? Shit I don't know? Baawww, my delicate baby ego... I'm going home nao!"  Farthest thing from the truth.  Really sorry if that's how it came across. 

@ Telarus, more information doesn't intimidate me, it makes me giddy.  More information is better.  Also, I'm a geek and a firm believer in "if you try and fail, try again 'til you stop failing."  No worries.  Burn mah chaff!  ... please... burn it...  :evil:

Though it's cool to know that the idea behind this isn't pinned and pruned yet, and that's what's going on here.  It's very different reading how things get thought through here by reading past threads, and actually taking part.  Just reading, it's easy to see the brainstorm.  Taking part, it feels like everything's already been thought.  Actually pretty nifty to find that's not necessarily the case.

For me, I think it's probably going to go in cycles.  Get involved, pull back and read more, get involved, go readin', ad nauseum.

@ Twid - I should have said that your reasons for sitting back were different than mine (damned parenthesis don't infer shit... crap! Did it again!).  I know you're just waiting til the voices for these guys get established.  Thanks for the encouragement, all the good info, the explanation about 'Eridian' and *good luck on your finals*.  You're good beans.

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on May 19, 2010, 05:26:53 AM
I get the sense that Illuminatus! needs to be read several times to fully appreciate it for the literary work that it is, Discordianism aside.

:cry:  So I'm guessing this won't cut it for Cole's notes?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxWTy1ilH4M

@ pelus - YES!  Purple monkies it be.  Maybe this'll work a little better?

QuoteYou have no doubt noticed our newest generations of citizen seem 'addicted' to their electronics, but I warn you, there is no 'seems.'  Rather, the "Purple Monkey Mafia," a mad Eridian cult, has created this addiction for purposes we can only guess at (quite possibly, their own deranged amusement).

@ LQ - A classmate of mine is actually making the dopamine-tech thing her thesis.  There's a mess of technophobia and Neil Postman-style 'think of the children' in these studies so far, but they're interesting.

Looking forward to reading your letter once you've had the time to finish.  Still going with Lady Gaga?

tl;dr - telarus: no worries; Twid: 7 times???; peleus: thanks!; LQ: fear the tech...
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Telarus

Aaah, ok, I kinda lost the OP in all of the replies.

QuoteThe idea is to send 1,000 letters to Playboy in which we attempt to connect every known conspiracy theory to a specific Discordian cabal. So who's in?

Did you mean each conspiracy we cite is connected to a different cabal, or that they are all the machinations of a single cabal (the former is a tad more believable).
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on May 19, 2010, 06:33:30 AM

@ Twid - I should have said that your reasons for sitting back were different than mine (damned parenthesis don't infer shit... crap! Did it again!).  I know you're just waiting til the voices for these guys get established.  Thanks for the encouragement, all the good info, the explanation about 'Eridian' and *good luck on your finals*.  You're good beans.

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on May 19, 2010, 05:26:53 AM
I get the sense that Illuminatus! needs to be read several times to fully appreciate it for the literary work that it is, Discordianism aside.

:cry:  So I'm guessing this won't cut it for Cole's notes?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxWTy1ilH4M

tl;dr - Twid: 7 times???;

Thanks for the well wishes. I know I'm going to blast the crap out of one of them, the other I'm not sure about (finals)
Never read notes on Illuminatus! [edit: saw or watched, but will go for that link on Thursday], just kinda went with my own impressions and based on memory of the first reading (like good songs, you get out of it what you decide to get out of it, based on what knowledge of whatever I've accumulated in the interim and guess work).
Not sure what the 7 times refers to, but again, my last post in "What makes you happy right now" makes mention of Sam Adams. I should probably log off now, lol. If it refers to something in this thread, I must have mistyped something that I can't recall at the moment.

BadBeast

I love the idea that it's all going to point discretely  towards Tuscon. We could weave some Lennon / Beatles /  messages into the thread, after all,
"Jo-Jo built his home in Tuscon Arizona, bought some Californian grass"!   I'm going to have a Mansonesque sift through some old Beatles lyrics, find some nutty, but plausible pointer as to who, or what Jo-Jo could be.

I've also had some half credible crackpot stuff rattling around in my head for a while now, about an the build up of  low frequency sub-sonic noise, and how it's conducive to a general condition of constant low intensity stress in a population. And how domestic electrical goods are all tuned to hum inaudibly between certain frequencies. Deliberately to build a condition of general, but non-specific malaise among  a population.  I mean, it's not the kind of thing you'd notice until someone pointed it out to you, and then you'd notice it all the time. and now I notice it all the time. And how the Bass in modern Dance music has dropped right down to the audible limit of human hearing, and below, so now, every speaker system sold, needs a Sub Woofer to reproduce  accurately the frequencies we listen to. That's a fairly recent development. And it's well documented that the Security Forces have been developing Low Frequency Sound, as another weapon in their non-lethal Arsenals. The market for non-lethal Weaponry will soon be as big as the stuff that kills you. At least one oil tanker has successfully repelled Somalian Pirates by using a Sub-sonic Throbber, that exposure to for any extended period of time, (2 minutes) produces nausea, and voiding of the bowels, and when cranked up to eleven, can liqueify  your liver at 400 mtrs.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Telarus on May 19, 2010, 06:34:55 AM
Aaah, ok, I kinda lost the OP in all of the replies.

QuoteThe idea is to send 1,000 letters to Playboy in which we attempt to connect every known conspiracy theory to a specific Discordian cabal. So who's in?

Did you mean each conspiracy we cite is connected to a different cabal, or that they are all the machinations of a single cabal (the former is a tad more believable).

I got the sense that all conspiracies were tied to one specific (the Tucson) cabal. As far as conspiracies go, I think more centralized is better. Maybe there can be a compromise, that specific cabals are responsible for specific things, but all answer to one master cabal like it's the Vatican?

BadBeast

:fnord: Yeah, with Roger sat at the middle of it all, like some huge, bloated Machiavellian Spider, at the center of the web, bristling with sensory mind lasers, and a H.I.M.E.O.B.S  T Shirt on. And a look of profound innocence on his face. :fnord: :jebus:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on May 19, 2010, 07:51:02 AM
:fnord:Yeah, with Roger sat at the middle of it all, like some huge, bloated Machiavellian Spider, at the center of the web, bristling with sensory mind lasers, and a H.I.M.E.O.B.S  T Shirt on. And a look of profound innocence on his face. :fnord: :jebus:

We'll have to get him a mitre and a staff then.... :lulz:

BadBeast

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on May 19, 2010, 07:58:50 AM
:fnord:Yeah, with Roger sat at the middle of it all, like some huge, bloated Machiavellian Spider, at the center of the web, bristling with sensory mind lasers, and a H.I.M.E.O.B.S  T Shirt on. And a look of profound innocence on his face. :fnord: :jebus:

:roflcake:
Or a Motor, and a stiff.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on May 19, 2010, 08:01:36 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on May 19, 2010, 07:58:50 AM

:roflcake:
Or a Motor, and a stiff.

A motor would be a nice gift, but don't know about the corpse. A little to grimmm/kvlt/depraved for my gift preferences.

BadBeast

Typo. (Must have left the "Y" off the end)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BadBeast on May 19, 2010, 08:07:01 AM
Typo. (Must have left the "Y" off the end)

:lulz:
Hmmm... I have no witty retort for that. Especially since I'm still laughing.

BadBeast

I think it's really funny that this all has the potential to go either global, and perfectly to plan, or hideously wrong, with far reaching consequences for all involved, with Naval Intelligence, the CIA, MI5, and Mossad all falling over each other, tying the ends up, and creating a massive super-cyber-terrorist group, bent on the pwng of all of our bases.

the last yatto

didnt - say they used to read his blog?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

BadBeast

Quote from: Pēleus on May 19, 2010, 08:49:41 AM
didnt - say they used to read his blog?

Don't come here trying to make everyone paranoid, with your crazy conspiracy theories!  . . . . .Oh!  *Looks around nervously* I expect they still do, then.
Once you come to their attention, they usually end up either extraordinarily renditioning you, recruiting you, or retiring you. Sometimes all three.
(But you didn't hear that from me, ok?)  *Slopes off, furtively*