News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

000 is reading Geenstijl.

Started by Triple Zero, April 17, 2010, 05:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Which is a Dutch weblog which hm, I guess has a kind of ranting writing style, except more condescending. Big influence in the Dutch memesphere, critical about everything, yet surprisingly with a somewhat right wing populistic slant. Sometimes funny, but almost always intriguing. (Regret is that somehow accurate? Best description I could do)

So there were these kids making rap songs about being banned or censored on a forum ... :)

First one is about a mod explaining to a poster she should not get angry they deleted her link cause it was a dead link (or something)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWZkY2WMNb0

Second one I forgot but is a similar topic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxXHXv84Un0

I'm just going to assume these guys aren't actually for real. Though the Internet has proven me wrong often. But then, what is real.

Next one. As far as I understand, this guy is for real. Doesn't fucking matter, for your enjoyment, just pretend he's not. Trust me it helps. Just keep Cramulus's "Diabetes" video in mind, pretend he's totally taking the piss on whatever, and giggle. I didn't watch the related Southpark episode btw [haven't seen SP in ages, is it still any good?]

intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39fkmqKBM
this is his reaction to, after apparently having become a small internet meme, he got invited to the Dutch Red Hair day in Breda [pronounced "Brey-Duh" btw unlike what he says], and this is his reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUjHWH8YccI

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hahahahaa he want to start a race of redheaded people!

OMG I hope he starts a cult.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I was curious about his "extinct by 2060" statement so I googled it and found this article: http://science.howstuffworks.com/genetic-science/redhead-extinction1.htm

QuoteRecessive genes can become rare but don't disappear completely unless everyone carrying that gene dies or fails to reproduce.

This is wrong though; recessive genes may linger without expressing for many generations, but since not all offspring will inherit the recessive gene, it can and often does go extinct unless it is a very, very common gene. There is a form of dwarfism that ran in my family, but which is now considered extinct after a study by Johns Hopkins determined that none of the family lines still carry the recessive for it. Another, more common form of dwarfism is still alive and well in other branches of the family, but has not been passed on in my mother's branch. My mom has the recessive but none of her kids do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

that's interesting, Nigel.
does the form of dwarfism considered extinct have any major differences from the more common form that we are familiar with? (proportions, love of mithril, etc.?)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iptuous on April 17, 2010, 07:48:48 PM
that's interesting, Nigel.
does the form of dwarfism considered extinct have any major differences from the more common form that we are familiar with? (proportions, love of mithril, etc.?)

Yes, it made tiny, perfectly-proportioned people who just happened to be under 4'8".

Tiny, perfect Welsh miners. Yes, you read that right. I come from a line of Welsh dwarves.

The gene that is still present in my family is a more typical form of dwarfism with the normal torso but shortened arms and legs. That's the type of dwarfism my grandma and uncle have.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 17, 2010, 05:02:43 PM
Which is a Dutch weblog which hm, I guess has a kind of ranting writing style, except more condescending. Big influence in the Dutch memesphere, critical about everything, yet surprisingly with a somewhat right wing populistic slant. Sometimes funny, but almost always intriguing. (Regret is that somehow accurate? Best description I could do)

Sounds about right.
I'm not sure about the right wing slant but i haven't been at GeenStijl for years.
Thanks for reminding me it exists.

Another example of the kind of stuff on Geenstijl:
The police in the southwestern province Zeeland is telling people to stop using ATM's after dark.
Apparantly preventing robbery is no longer the police's job but your own responsibility.
linky to the article if anyone feels like throwing it through a translator.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"