News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Horrible Food Decisions

Started by Eater of Clowns, April 19, 2010, 06:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

It's a bright day in Spring.  An hour drive north of me there are hundreds of people running 24 miles in an incredible feat of physical and mental endurance.  Others are mowing their lawns, or perhaps running much needed errands with their free time.

Not this guy.  Instead I woke up around 9:15, laid in bed for another hour or so, went on the internet, and spoke to my girlfriend, who is at work, before deciding to eat something.  Now, I've been living alone for just over a year at this point, and I'm well familiar with the concept of independent adulthood in that nobody is around to stop you if you make a horrible, horrible decision like the following little number:

That's a piece of red velvet cake with butter cream frosting, a few strawberries (you know, we have to be concerned with health here) and a cup of coffee (to unstick chunks of food from my throat after I under-chew everything and down it in record time).  The perspective is a bit skewed here, so let me just say that the cake is not a small piece.  It's taking up a big chunk of the plate, it's probably over two inches thick at the end, and, well, those strawberries are lying in the shadow it's casting.

Let's say it's the day after your birthday.  You just finished a weekend filled with wonderful friends and family to remind you how lucky you are.  In such an instance, I cannot recommend highly enough the effects of such a breakfast on highlighting how much of an idiot you are and how quickly a potentially productive day can turn into several hours groaning on your couch.

So, let this thread be about the bad, bad decisions you made with food.  Official-like.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just stumbled out of my blood-soaked bed and am having a Swanson frozen dinner and a beer for breakfast. Fuck all of you, just because.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on April 19, 2010, 06:34:14 PM
I just stumbled out of my blood-soaked bed

NO.

Things are weird enough down here without hearing fresh horror stories from Portland.   :horrormirth:
Molon Lube

Richter

Courtesy of Paul, the mad Vietnamese chef:
One omlete with "cheese" and various fried veggies, (Who in FUCK fries carrots?  Paul, that's who.) and a side of his sausage of dubious origin.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 19, 2010, 06:35:27 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on April 19, 2010, 06:34:14 PM
I just stumbled out of my blood-soaked bed

NO.

Things are weird enough down here without hearing fresh horror stories from Portland.   :horrormirth:

Far more mundane than you want to know about.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Top ramen and eggs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

To be fair, they were different "flavors."
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Jasper

I once mixed teriyaki sauce, salmon, rice,  soy sauce, and strawberry syrup.

Violent gastric convulsions.

Cainad (dec.)

Breakfast every day is bacon, fake scrambled eggs soaked in hot sauce, and either homefries or hash browns.

Every. Single. Day.

I don't know if I'm more disgusted with the habit, or the fact that I still find it tasty every single morning.

Freeky

A while back, some friends brought cake to our weekly D&D session, and left it. It stayed in the fridge for about a month, and went bad 2 weeks before I stopped eating it and threw it away.

:lulz: Hooray for bad cake shits!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Professor Freeky on April 20, 2010, 02:29:55 AM
A while back, some friends brought cake to our weekly D&D session, and left it. It stayed in the fridge for about a month, and went bad 2 weeks before I stopped eating it and threw it away.

You are my kind of woman.

Freeky

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on April 20, 2010, 02:45:04 AM
Quote from: Professor Freeky on April 20, 2010, 02:29:55 AM

You are my kind of woman.

:banana:

Jasper

Yanno, I'm pretty sure cake ages better at room temp under plastic wrap.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Final word

Cake bell

Yeah, look that shit up. It will change your relationship with cake.