News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Sheriff Arpaio Up To More Race-Based Hijinks (Read: Manslaughter)

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 01:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 21, 2010, 06:36:50 AM

Why wouldn't an EMT team be sent to deal with a drunk?

Because it's Maricopa County.

They demand this shit.
Molon Lube

Kurt Christ

So, not being familiar with him, I looked up this sheriff online. And it looks like under his leadership the sheriff's department has cost the county millions of dollars in lawsuits on multiple occasions. Now, it seems to me that even the most cold-hearted voter would eventually get tired of all their tax dollars being pissed down the drain in lawsuits- so seriously, what the fuck? I mean, I live in Alabama, so a combination of subtle (or unsubtle) racism and voter ignorance shouldn't be this surprising to me, but...
I just can't wrap my head around this.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Eater of Clowns

It's because he's "tough on crime" FKC.  You know what crime is in this instance?  It's not an elderly woman getting her purse snatched.  It's anything that people don't want to look at, anything that might hint at people that things aren't always okay all the time.  "Cleaning up the" city/county/etc is exactly what it sounds like and not what they mean by it.  It's not erasing the graffiti and picking up the litter, it's ridding an area of its undesirable elements - which is different in every area.  Maybe it Mexicans in Arizona, maybe it's heroin junkies in New Bedford.

Lawsuits might be draining the county of its money, but people can't see that.  They hear about it, but there's no visual representation of that money going away apart from a few charts a few times a year.  They can see that their local undesirables are swept away, out of their lives.  And Arpaio is very, very good at this.

EoC, working for a "tough on crime" Sheriff.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cramulus

just once, i'd like somebody to run on a "soft on crime" platform

I'd vote for him

CRIMINAL PARTY 2012

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cramulus on April 21, 2010, 07:07:27 PM

I'd vote for him

CRIMINAL PARTY 2012

only as long as they can assure me that it's my type of crime...
and he/she has to wink when they say it.

Template

Quote from: Cramulus on April 21, 2010, 07:07:27 PM

I'd vote for him

CRIMINAL PARTY 2012

I've been thinking of "Tough on Crime--I'm not spending a single extra dollar on those fuckers!" and doing things minimalistically.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: EoC on April 21, 2010, 07:05:16 PM
They can see that their local undesirables are swept away, out of their lives.  And Arpaio is very, very good at this.

Sucks to be an "undesirable".  In Maricopa County, this is defined as "not White and protestant."

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Father Kurt Christ on April 21, 2010, 06:28:59 PM
So, not being familiar with him, I looked up this sheriff online. And it looks like under his leadership the sheriff's department has cost the county millions of dollars in lawsuits on multiple occasions. Now, it seems to me that even the most cold-hearted voter would eventually get tired of all their tax dollars being pissed down the drain in lawsuits- so seriously, what the fuck? I mean, I live in Alabama, so a combination of subtle (or unsubtle) racism and voter ignorance shouldn't be this surprising to me, but...
I just can't wrap my head around this.

People get to bitch about how the "illegals" are using up all the money (they aren't), and they get to watch smudgy people get beaten and thrown into squadcars, which makes them feel safe and smugly vindicated in their whiteness.

All of Maricopa County is either:

1.  Fat white retired republicans from Northern states,

2.  Inbred yet properly Christian redneck thugs, or

3.  Being beaten and thrown in a squadcar.
Molon Lube

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on April 21, 2010, 02:47:49 AM
Who sees a guy convulsing in their yard and calls the cops instead of the ambulance?

A rich Arizona snowbird who doesn't give a fuck about their fellow citizens or even human beings in general.