News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Drama Vote: Voice your opinion on the recent drama.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to be done?

Keep it as-is and let it continue.
8 (17.4%)
Split it all off and merge it into one thread.
11 (23.9%)
Don't care.
18 (39.1%)
Other (fill in the blank)
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:29:50 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:27:26 AM
Here is the matter as it stands.

I dislike TTM. I think he's a piece of subhuman shit on the level of Wade, and I have a perfectly good reason to.

While I'm sure other people enjoy his links, he contributes absolutely nothing I value to the forum.

He also explodes into rather gratifying levels of hysteria with very little prodding.

I am honestly not sure I can resist the temptation.
then don't go crying about harassment, and don't accuse people of mod abuse when they remove your shit from their threads.

I'm not crying about harassment; I handled that fine myself. I'm using it to illustrate why I think he's a piece of shit, and I will accuse him of mod abuse if he PMs me to harass me or pulls a stunt like what he renamed the split thread, because it is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:34:35 AM

I dislike TTM. I think he's a piece of subhuman shit on the level of Wade, and I have a perfectly good reason to.

While I'm sure other people enjoy his links, he contributes absolutely nothing I value to the forum.

He also explodes into rather gratifying levels of hysteria with very little prodding.

then don't go crying about harassment, and don't accuse people of mod abuse when they remove your shit from their threads.

I'm not crying about harassment; I handled that fine myself. I'm using it to illustrate why I think he's a piece of shit, and I will accuse him of mod abuse if he PMs me to harass me or pulls a stunt like what he renamed the split thread, because it is.
No it isn't. He doesn't have to ask you what he names the garbage he throws out of his own thread.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2010, 02:31:40 AM

Even Alanis Morissette would recognize the irony in that statement. 

That's not irony, RWHN, that's hypocrisy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:35:29 AM

No it isn't. He doesn't have to ask you what he names the garbage he throws out of his own thread.

Oh, bullshit. If he wants to start a thread of his own posts and name it whatever he wants, that's one thing. When he puts on his mod hat he should act like a mod, not like an apopleptic Rush Limbaugh fan.

AFK

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:35:31 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 22, 2010, 02:31:40 AM

Even Alanis Morissette would recognize the irony in that statement. 

That's not irony, RWHN, that's hypocrisy.

Well, yes, it is that too.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:37:07 AM

Oh, bullshit. If he wants to start a thread of his own posts and name it whatever he wants, that's one thing. When he puts on his mod hat he should act like a mod, not like an apopleptic Rush Limbaugh fan.
So if he had split one post before yours it would be completely ok for him to do whatever he wants with it because it would technically be his thread.

No.
Those posts came out of his own thread. Naming the misscarriage that came out of it is his right.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:39:51 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:37:07 AM

So if he had split one post before yours it would be completely ok for him to do whatever he wants with it because it would technically be his thread.

No.
Those posts came out of his own thread. Naming the misscarriage that came out of it is his right.

So... in your opinion, it's completely fine for mods to use a privilege level no one else has to exact revenge on someone who has pissed them off?

Faust

Still wrong. The thread can be renamed at any time by the person who posted it, a mod doesn't have to do that.
It would be HIS thread if his post started it. Just because you went BAWWWWW when you saw the mean thread title doesn't make it mod abuse.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, like, it would be cool to change someone's username or personal text if you're pissed at them? Because they would be able to change it back, right?

Or change someone's thread title to make it say something derogatory about them? All that's cool, in a mod capacity?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:42:31 AM
Still wrong. The thread can be renamed at any time by the person who posted it, a mod doesn't have to do that.
It would be HIS thread if his post started it. Just because you went BAWWWWW when you saw the mean thread title doesn't make it mod abuse.

I disagree. I think a mod should be acting as a mod when they are doing something only mods can do.

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:44:57 AM

I disagree. I think a mod should be acting as a mod when they are doing something only mods can do.

He did and he acted like a poster when he posted the new thread that was after all, his thread.

Faust

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:44:20 AM
I mean, like, it would be cool to change someone's username or personal text if you're pissed at them? Because they would be able to change it back, right?

Or change someone's thread title to make it say something derogatory about them? All that's cool, in a mod capacity?
Not the same at all. You are assuming exclusive ownership of the posts you make in someone elses thread.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:24:30 AM

They were really horrible things to say, he went all out on her and those are things that shouldn't be said to anyone. But they were part of their feud and didn't have anything to do with moderating. On the other hand, the random provocation by her in something as unrelated as a link thread shouldn't happen either.

Sure.  But get mad at the sun for rising.  All this hollering about their drama has, of course, only increased the drama.

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:47:21 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 22, 2010, 02:44:57 AM

He did and he acted like a poster when he posted the new thread that was after all, his thread.

So you're saying that anyone can take their own thread, split someone else's posts out of it, and start a new thread with those posts, naming it anything they want?

Or are you just using fucked-up logic to defend an indefensible position?

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 02:51:38 AM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:24:30 AM

They were really horrible things to say, he went all out on her and those are things that shouldn't be said to anyone. But they were part of their feud and didn't have anything to do with moderating. On the other hand, the random provocation by her in something as unrelated as a link thread shouldn't happen either.

Sure.  But get mad at the sun for rising.  All this hollering about their drama has, of course, only increased the drama.

I'm not increasing it.