News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

Freeky

What in sweet gibbering fuck.  This has BAD NEWS!!! written all over it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on March 29, 2013, 03:16:45 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/27/1780641/tuscon-gun-giveaway/

This can't possibly go wrong...

We don't actually have much crime.

I think when he says "criminals" he means "smudgy people".

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Our crime rate is probably not much higher than a lot of other places, true, but we're coming up fast on brain melting, sanity frying, sun baked madness weather.  People are fucking way more batshit this year than they've been in ages. You can smell it all over the city.

Or maybe it's just me, probably.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Murder rates traditionally go up during heat waves, IIRC.

ETS: Or maybe that's just Houston. Houston is an aberration. */obvious*
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lol:

OH GODDAMMIT.

QuoteMcClusky, a failed mayoral candidate, likened gun violence to "saying spoons are responsible for making people fat," even though armed citizens rarely stop violent crime, and their intervention can cause danger and bloodshed.

WHAT IS THE DEAL with these alleged "journalists" COMPLETELY MURDERING not only the English language, but the very concept of communicating meaning?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 30, 2013, 12:27:08 AM

:lol:

OH GODDAMMIT.

QuoteMcClusky, a failed mayoral candidate, likened gun violence to "saying spoons are responsible for making people fat," even though armed citizens rarely stop violent crime, and their intervention can cause danger and bloodshed.

WHAT IS THE DEAL with these alleged "journalists" COMPLETELY MURDERING not only the English language, but the very concept of communicating meaning?

Absentee editors. Shit like that happens when you start one sentence and have to rework it into something else and forget to check it over afterwards, editors are supposed to catch that shit.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: stelz on March 29, 2013, 03:00:11 PM

Houston Heat + Bath Salts and 4 Loko.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: /b/earman on March 30, 2013, 12:34:39 AM
Quote from: stelz on March 29, 2013, 03:00:11 PM

Houston Heat + Bath Salts and 4 Loko.

"It's too hot to sleep, Imma take a walk OSHI- MY FAAAAAAAAAAAACE..."
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana

Quote from: Juana Go? on March 21, 2013, 04:03:04 AM
FFS, Phoenix...
QuotePHOENIX - One U.S. state lawmaker wants to link public bathroom use to birth certificates in what civil rights advocates call the nation's toughest anti-transgender measure.

The Arizona bill would require people to use public restrooms, dressing rooms or locker rooms associated with the sex listed on their birth certificate or face six months in jail.

Although LBR, what's with Arizona and requiring papers in general?

And here's the variation that passed the house appropriations committee:
QuoteMore than 200 LGBT protesters showed up to a seven-hour public hearing on the bill in an effort to prevent them from passing the measure, the NY Daily News reports.

In response to the criticism, Kavanagh has retooled large portions of the bill in order to appease the LGBT community, but it has not sated opponents of the measure. Under the new version of the "bathroom bill," business owners would be free to make their own discriminatory rules for private bathrooms and locker rooms, forcing transgendered customers to either use facilities they do not identify with or seek another restroom.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, at my school he would have been expelled.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 26, 2013, 09:43:33 PM

While he's an unmitigated shithead, I don't agree with that, on the grounds of free speech applying even to demented waterheads.

Besides, he's a caricature, a joke.  He's turning the rape culture into the sort of thing you'd see in a dunk tank.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 26, 2013, 09:47:05 PM

While he's an unmitigated shithead, I don't agree with that, on the grounds of free speech applying even to demented waterheads.

Besides, he's a caricature, a joke.  He's turning the rape culture into the sort of thing you'd see in a dunk tank.

It falls under our general harassment and hate speech policy, which we agree to when we apply to be students there.

Personally, as a woman I really appreciate how much more pleasant it is to walk around on campus than it is to walk down a city sidewalk. No catcalls, no inappropriate comments about my body or my clothes. It's kind of nice to feel safe.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 26, 2013, 09:55:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 26, 2013, 09:47:05 PM

It falls under our general harassment and hate speech policy, which we agree to when we apply to be students there.

Personally, as a woman I really appreciate how much more pleasant it is to walk around on campus than it is to walk down a city sidewalk. No catcalls, no inappropriate comments about my body or my clothes. It's kind of nice to feel safe.

I have precisely zero argument with any of that, on account of the bolded section.

I just get all jittery when people get silenced, no matter what kind of shitheels they are.  In the case of your school, though, there is a condition agreed to upon enrollment, which is a different situation, as it is voluntary.