News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*GrumpButt*

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 27, 2011, 04:06:12 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41803019/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

QuotePHOENIX — Scott Bundgaard, the Arizona state Senate majority leader, was involved in a domestic violence dispute with his girlfriend, but was not arrested because he has legislative immunity, police said on Saturday.

Republican Bundgaard's girlfriend, Aubry Ballard, 34, was booked for domestic violence assault, police said.

Phoenix police responded to a report on Friday night that Bundgaard was pulling Ballard out of a car stopped next to the median on State Route 51.

When officers arrived, they encountered Bundgaard and Ballard, and saw both had marks on their bodies showing they had been in a physical altercation, said Police Department spokesman Sgt. Tommy Thompson.

Bundgaard and Ballard were both detained, but Bundgaard told officers that under Arizona law he is immune from arrest while the legislature is in session, police said.

Police found Bundgaard could correctly claim immunity, but the case was submitted to prosecutors for review.

Bundgaard released a statement on Saturday saying he was innocent of wrongdoing. He said the physical altercation began when he had stopped the car, and his girlfriend moved into the driver's seat and refused to get out.

"I had no choice but to pull her from the driver's seat, which resulted in marks on her knees," Bundgaard said.

"I had also had no choice but to stop her from punching me and risking highway safety, all of which resulted in a black eye for me and a busted lip," he said.

He added, "I waive any and all 'legislative immunity.' If I did something wrong, charge me. I did not."

Bundgaard is the co-sponsor of controversial Arizona state legislation seeking to challenge the right to U.S. citizenship for children born in the state whose parents are illegal immigrants or other non-citizens.

:|
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Arizona is going to a flat tax.

The top 13% are thrilled, to say the least.

Senator Steve Court (R-Whore) has said that it's time to stop victimizing the rich.  "It's about fairness in how we tax."

No more deductions for mortgages, dependents, and donations, of course.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The fuck?

The base ignorance of humanity fills me with... something.

Jenne

...because AZ needs to get itself out of the red...by taxing the poor...nice.

I just can't wrap my head around the amount of FAIL states are engaging in.  This new era of STATES RIGHTS! GIVE THE STATES THE POWAH! is really cheesing me off.  Hard.

I need a drink.

DA6S!  PASS THE WHISKEY!  IT'S 8:18 AM AND I NEED A FUCKING WHACK OFF SOMETHING GOOD.

(leaving that one wide open for y'all)

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 25, 2011, 03:12:58 PM

Senator Steve Court (R-Whore) has said that it's time to stop victimizing the rich.  "It's about fairness in how we tax."

So.....I shouldn't move to AZ?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 25, 2011, 03:17:08 PM
The fuck?

The base ignorance of humanity fills me with... something.

The people have spoken.  Apparently, they said "durrrrrrrr!"

Let's put it this way:

1.  The top 13% didn't vote in a teabagger majority all by themselves, and

2.  EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE that I have - in person, at least - heard argue for the flat tax is in the BOTTOM 50%.  People are fucking retarded, and they're getting what they fucking deserve.  They SCREAMED for this shit, and now it's going to bite them right on their libertarian asses.  Good fucking riddance to bad rubbish...They can all be libertarian small-government business-friendly and all that other happy horseshit from UNDER A BRIDGE.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on March 25, 2011, 03:19:06 PM

Quote of the year:  "People aren't going to evade taxes by choosing to make $24,000/year, anymore."
(Steve Court).

Jenne

They are so easily sold, because they are so easily set up.  It sorta breaks my heart.  And fills me with impotent rage at the same time.  And makes me afraid that there are so many ignorant jackoffs out there.

WHERE'S THAT WHISKEY DAMMIT?!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 25, 2011, 03:12:58 PM

I'm curious, when this leaves AZ in even more financial ruin, what scapegoats will they latch onto?

My guess is the obvious one: "Dem illegal immigrants not payin' taxes!", but are there any other likely targets?

LMNO

Welfare moms.  AP testing.  Arts programs.  Soup kitchens.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 25, 2011, 03:26:17 PM

Quote of the year:  "People aren't going to evade taxes by choosing to make $24,000/year, anymore."
(Steve Court).

:spit:

I don't have enough Hate to do this justice.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 25, 2011, 03:26:17 PM

(Steve Court).

The doublefuck? :|
I fucking hate monkeys.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 25, 2011, 03:30:08 PM

That's gonna be tough.

AP courses have been cut by 80%.  <--- Reason given:  They won't "teach the controversy."

Arts programs were cut 24 months ago.

Soup kitchens are now only run by charities.

Welfare moms, of course, will take it in the ass.  Just like always.  They've already cut all adult dental (to include emergency dental), and are now talking about "having communities care for the underprivileged" when it comes to food.

Jenne

I bet 2 out of 4 of those are already gone...possible 3.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 25, 2011, 03:34:00 PM

That's gonna be tough.

AP courses have been cut by 80%.  <--- Reason given:  They won't "teach the controversy."

Arts programs were cut 24 months ago.

Soup kitchens are now only run by charities.

Welfare moms, of course, will take it in the ass.  Just like always.  They've already cut all adult dental (to include emergency dental), and are now talking about "having communities care for the underprivileged" when it comes to food.

Whoops, you posted this while I was hitting "post"...