News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on March 25, 2011, 03:29:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 25, 2011, 03:12:58 PM
Arizona is going to a flat tax.

The top 13% are thrilled, to say the least.

Senator Steve Court (R-Whore) has said that it's time to stop victimizing the rich.  "It's about fairness in how we tax."

No more deductions for mortgages, dependents, and donations, of course.

I'm curious, when this leaves AZ in even more financial ruin, what scapegoats will they latch onto?

My guess is the obvious one: "Dem illegal immigrants not payin' taxes!", but are there any other likely targets?

They've actually passed the "scapegoat" stage, and have moved on to "HAW HAW!  FUCK YOU, PEASANT!"

Polls show they will on average be reelected by 7 points.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Every time I come to this thread, I feel sick. :(

Juana

I feel you there, Freeky, with added amusement because the rest of the country will have had a chance to observe the results and yet we'll follow right along (I need to borrow a camera and dig up Rog's "This is why I wish humans would drown themselves" thread).

Anyway.

Arizona Votes to Allow Firearms on Campus

QuoteArizona Votes to Allow Firearms on CampusIn a landmark piece of legislation that once again demonstrates their profound capacity for out-of-the-rational-box thinking, the Arizona House of Representatives has voted to allow guns on campuses.

QuoteThe Republican-led House voted 33 to 24 to allow firearms to be carried in the open or concealed in public rights of way, such as campus streets and roadways.

"We're allowing people to defend themselves," said Rep. David Gowan Sr., a Republican, who voted for the bill.

The measure now goes to the completely reasonable and not-at-all horrible Gov. Jon Brewer, who will decide whether or not to sign it into law. Good for you, Arizona! More guns on more students in more classrooms is the only way to deal with the senseless violence in your own backyard. Today, we all win.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Requia ☣

Landmark my ass, Utah did that in 2004.  And why the hell *shouldn't* college students be allowed guns?  Last I checked age of ownership is 18, 21 for handguns.  It's not a University's administrator's job to say otherwise, especially when you consider that people *live* on campus.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

LMNO

Yes, because an enviroment based around the exploration of social boundries, alcohol, drug experimentation, sex, and which is unhinged from normal societal game rules is totally a good place for handguns.

Requia ☣

The history of armed campuses in Utah (which goes back to before the U's gun ban, as well as after, as well as some other smaller colleges) suggests that there's no reason to expect issues above and beyond normal American gun violence.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

LMNO

Yes, but Utah is an Abomination unto the eyes of the LORD.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 08, 2011, 01:46:27 PM
Yes, because an enviroment based around the exploration of social boundries, alcohol, drug experimentation, sex, and which is unhinged from normal societal game rules is totally a good place for handguns.

And?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2011, 06:09:35 PM

And?

Hmm.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that real-world principles don't apply very well in environments that don't exhibit real-world behaviors.  Or something.  I haven't thought this through all the way.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 08, 2011, 07:01:39 PM

And?

Hmm.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that real-world principles don't apply very well in environments that don't exhibit real-world behaviors.  Or something.  I haven't thought this through all the way.

Does it imply that more monkeys will get off my planet?

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2011, 07:02:29 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on April 08, 2011, 07:01:39 PM

And?

Hmm.

Actually...  Not really.

If many students are armed on campus, when one of 'em climbs the bell tower to rack up the body count, odds are one of the other students will be a decent shot and end things before records are set.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on April 08, 2011, 07:06:56 PM

Actually...  Not really.

If many students are armed on campus, when one of 'em climbs the bell tower to rack up the body count, odds are one of the other students will be a decent shot and end things before records are set.

And the non-good shots will form the world's biggest Polish firing squad.

I AM FOR THIS LEGISLATION.  SHIT YEAH.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2011, 07:08:04 PM

Actually...  Not really.

This is the correct shot-to-hell motorcycle!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 08, 2011, 07:22:05 PM

Actually...  Not really.

I figure a car will backfire halfway through Rush week, on beer-bong night, and the resulting carnage will look like the battle of Antietem.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2011, 07:23:41 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on April 08, 2011, 07:22:05 PM

Actually...  Not really.

I figure a car will backfire halfway through Rush week, on beer-bong night, and the resulting carnage will look like the battle of Antietem.

Quite likley.

Personally, I don't think the little fuckers should be trusted with anything more dangerous than rubber bands... but that's because I spend 8 hours a day on a campus.

I do not wish to be shot, thank you.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."