News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on April 08, 2011, 07:26:44 PM

Personally, I don't think the little fuckers should be trusted with anything more dangerous than rubber bands... but that's because I spend 8 hours a day on a campus.

I do not wish to be shot, thank you.

Talk to Richter about second chance vests and the art of always looking for nearby cover.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Disco Pickle

Arizona bill requiring proof of US citizenship to get on ballot passes

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/15/arizona.president.bill/index.html?hpt=T2

QuoteThe Arizona Legislature approved a bill Thursday night that would require presidential candidates to prove they are U.S. citizens before their names could be placed on a state ballot.

The so-called "birther bill" got final approval by a vote of 40 to 16 in the state House, according to the website for the Arizona State Legislature.

The bill's author, Arizona State Rep. Carl Seel, a Republican, has repeatedly said the bill is not targeted at President Barack Obama.

"It's not about that," Seel said. "It's about future elections and maintaining the integrity of the Constitution."

The bill still needs to be signed by GOP Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer.

Seel's bill garnered headlines and a thumbs up from business mogul and possible presidential candidate Donald Trump, who has been hammering Obama over the "birther" issue of late.

Seel's bill interested Trump enough for the reality show star to agree to a meeting with the Arizona lawmaker.

So-called "birthers" remain skeptical that Obama was born in the United States even though claims to the contrary have been widely rejected.

because, you know..  there's no one else doing background checks on potential candidates..  right?

you guys sure do it differently out there in the desert.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on April 15, 2011, 03:07:34 PM
Arizona bill requiring proof of US citizenship to get on ballot passes

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/15/arizona.president.bill/index.html?hpt=T2

QuoteThe Arizona Legislature approved a bill Thursday night that would require presidential candidates to prove they are U.S. citizens before their names could be placed on a state ballot.

The so-called "birther bill" got final approval by a vote of 40 to 16 in the state House, according to the website for the Arizona State Legislature.

The bill's author, Arizona State Rep. Carl Seel, a Republican, has repeatedly said the bill is not targeted at President Barack Obama.

"It's not about that," Seel said. "It's about future elections and maintaining the integrity of the Constitution."

The bill still needs to be signed by GOP Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer.

Seel's bill garnered headlines and a thumbs up from business mogul and possible presidential candidate Donald Trump, who has been hammering Obama over the "birther" issue of late.

Seel's bill interested Trump enough for the reality show star to agree to a meeting with the Arizona lawmaker.

So-called "birthers" remain skeptical that Obama was born in the United States even though claims to the contrary have been widely rejected.

because, you know..  there's no one else doing background checks on potential candidates..  right?

you guys sure do it differently out there in the desert.

We're full of distilled crazy.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Disco Pickle

Jan Brewer vetoes the bill..  hmm..  not sure I saw that coming.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/18/arizona.president.bill.veto/index.html?hpt=T1

QuoteArizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a bill late Monday that would have required President Barack Obama and other presidential candidates to prove they were American citizens, born in the United States, before their names could have been placed on the state ballot.

The so-called "birther bill" got final approval in the state House last week. Now that Brewer, a Republican, has vetoed it, the bill will not become law unless legislators vote to override her veto.

"As a former Secretary of State, I do not support designating one person as a gatekeeper to the ballot for a candidate, which could lead to arbitrary or politically-motivated decisions," the governor wrote in a letter addressed to the Arizona House speaker.

Under the measure, if there were any dispute about whether a candidate had proved he or she had been born in the United States, Arizona's secretary of state would have the final say.

"This measure creates significant new problems while failing to do anything constructive for Arizona," she added.

Obama has been hounded by allegations since he began running for president in 2008 that he was not born in America. Critics contend, among other things, that he was born in his father's home country of Kenya. The U.S. Constitution stipulates that only "natural born" citizens are eligible to be president.

Obama has insisted that he was born in Hawaii, and the allegations against him have been repeatedly discredited in investigations by CNN and other organizations. Nevertheless, the issue remains politically potent among segments of the electorate and has served as a rallying cry for many of the president's opponents, most recently potential GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump.

William Bennett's take on Donald Trump

The author of the so-called "birther bill," Arizona State Rep. Carl Seel, has said the bill was not targeted at Obama, but at "maintaining the integrity of the Constitution."

Among other things, a candidate would have to show a copy of his or her birth certificate. If a birth certificate couldn't be produced, a candidate would have to show a combination of baptismal or circumcision records, hospital birth files, postpartum medical records or other documents. Candidates also would have to submit affidavits declaring their citizenship as well as sworn statements regarding their residency for the previous 14 years.

"I never imagined being presented with a bill that could require candidates for President of the greatest and most powerful nation on earth to submit their 'early baptismal or circumcision certificates' among other records to the Arizona Secretary of State. This is a bridge too far," wrote Brewer.

Fourteen other states are considering similar legislation this year, according to Jennie Bowser, a senior fellow with the National Conference of State Legislatures. Measures have failed in three states -- Connecticut, Maine and Montana.

In an effort to counter the charges of the birthers, Obama's 2008 campaign produced a "certification of live birth," a document traditionally accepted legally as confirmation of a birth.

Both the current Hawaii governor, Neil Abercrombie, a Democrat, and the previous governor, Linda Lingle, a Republican, have insisted that Obama was born in their home state.

Nearly 75% of Americans believe Obama was definitely or probably born in the United States, according to a March 11-13 CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll. More than four in 10 Republicans, however, believe the president probably or definitely was not born in America.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Luna

Was probably pointed out to her that it'd be a fast track to get the issue to the Supreme Court, who would slap it down, hard.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Luna on April 19, 2011, 01:03:10 PM
Was probably pointed out to her that it'd be a fast track to get the issue to the Supreme Court, who would slap it down, hard.

The bit about providing records of circumcision in the event a birth certificate could not be provided made me laugh. 

"I'm sorry sir, that piece of paper isn't going to be enough.  We're going to need to see the original skin"

BabylonHoruv

Jan Brewer has generally struck me as not a complete lunatic, although I could be wrong.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Pickled Starfish on April 19, 2011, 01:13:53 PM

The bit about providing records of circumcision in the event a birth certificate could not be provided made me laugh. 

"I'm sorry sir, that piece of paper isn't going to be enough.  We're going to need to see the original skin"

Its a Zionist conspiracy.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 19, 2011, 05:18:59 PM
Quote from: Pickled Starfish on April 19, 2011, 01:13:53 PM

Its a Zionist conspiracy.

another one?

:lulz:

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

We haven't had more than an inch of rain, total, in 7 months.

Wildfires are everywhere, and where they're not, it's dry as tinder.

The obvious thing to do? 

DECIDE THAT INDIVIDUAL FIREWORKS/DISPLAYS ARE CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED!

http://www.fox11az.com/news/New-Arizona-law-heightens-fire-fears-123507464.html

:lulz::hammer::lulz:

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hover Cat on June 09, 2011, 11:17:21 PM
:lulz: Oh, Arizona.

I feel like Dian Fossey.

Dumbasses in the Mist Asphyxiating Smoke.

Cain

Does that mean you're going to go nuts and eventually start killing people who pick on your wingnut objects of study?

Also, clearly fireworks are what the Founding Fathers meant when they talked about firearms.  Everyone always forgets the great Battle of Guy Fawkes (1777), where Washington nearly decapitated a British general with a well thrown Catherine Wheel.  Since then, the right to bear fireworks shall never be infringed.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 10, 2011, 01:07:36 PM
Does that mean you're going to go nuts and eventually start killing people who pick on your wingnut objects of study?

I thought so at first, but then I was all like, "Why limit myself?"