News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cainad on July 13, 2011, 07:50:30 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 13, 2011, 07:48:29 PM
Quote from: Cainad on July 13, 2011, 07:42:13 PM
AR-15 (of which the M-16 is a derivative, if Wikipedia is to be believed).

Cainad,
only vaguely remembers this from an episode of "Deadliest Warrior"

Which Deadly Warrior has the Hello Kitty AR-15 in its arsenal, exactly?

The IRA, I think it was. :lulz:

The IRA has pink Hello Kitty guns?

Phox

Quote from: Khara on July 13, 2011, 07:53:21 PM

Cainad,

Sign me up.

Phox,
Bog-trotting terrorist, for realz now.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on July 13, 2011, 05:42:15 PM
Hey, Dok, apparently a State Senator in Arizona shoved a loaded Roger into a journalist's chest recently.  Details?

Scariest thing I've misread in a long time
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Phox

Quote from: MMIX on July 13, 2011, 11:16:38 PM
Hey, Dok, apparently a State Senator in Arizona shoved a loaded Roger into a journalist's chest recently.  Details?

I read that the same way.  :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: MMIX on July 13, 2011, 11:16:38 PM

I HAVE NO SAFETY!
Molon Lube

BadBeast

Quote from: Khara on July 13, 2011, 07:53:21 PM

Cainad,

No but the Japs do!

Part of their "DADT" program for Gay Samurais.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

LMNO

Perhaps this has been known and noted:

http://www.salon.com/news/immigration/index.html?story=/politics/war_room/2011/08/03/biggers_russell_pearce

"...a new examination of [Arizona's state Senate president] Russell Pearce's website and public statements reveals that the self-proclaimed architect of Arizona's "papers please" immigration law has regularly borrowed significant portions of text from the writings of hard-line white nationalists, fringe anti-immigrant activists, and others whose views far fall outside the mainstream and presented them as his own."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 03, 2011, 06:49:51 PM
Perhaps this has been known and noted:

http://www.salon.com/news/immigration/index.html?story=/politics/war_room/2011/08/03/biggers_russell_pearce

"...a new examination of [Arizona's state Senate president] Russell Pearce's website and public statements reveals that the self-proclaimed architect of Arizona's "papers please" immigration law has regularly borrowed significant portions of text from the writings of hard-line white nationalists, fringe anti-immigrant activists, and others whose views far fall outside the mainstream and presented them as his own."

Yeah.  Sheriff Arpeio's Nazi pals aren't too happy about it, either.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Just goes to show that NOBODY like a plagiarist. :lulz:

Elder Iptuous

damn. i just noticed that this thread has guns in it, and i haven't been paying attention.  :sad:

Personally i love the hello kitty AR...  but why does it have the non-pistol grip stock?  that's not necessary in AZ afaik...

also, i would like to point out that the gun control advocates have based their attacks on the emotional reaction to guns by pandering to the hoplophobe's aversion to the aesthetics of the 'mean' looking guns, e.g. the AWB that limited the gun to a set number of features that make it look nasty without having any real effect on their lethality.
so it's the so-called 'black guns' like the AR-15 that they go for.
but then when it started becoming popular to put some color on your guns by using products like Duracoat that can make your gun brightly colored (such as this pink one here), they attacked the guns for looking too innocent, arguing that they looked like toys, and might cause mayhem because they would be disregarded by possible victims or used by children who thought they were, in fact, toys.

So, it would seem that in order to avoid attack from the controllers, our guns should maintain some undefined level of 'threatening appearance'...
i find that humorous.  :)

regarding the current topic: fuck that guy...  but, why is arpeio torqued at him?

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Iptuous on August 03, 2011, 07:15:24 PM
damn. i just noticed that this thread has guns in it, and i haven't been paying attention.  :sad:

Personally i love the hello kitty AR...  but why does it have the non-pistol grip stock?  that's not necessary in AZ afaik...

also, i would like to point out that the gun control advocates have based their attacks on the emotional reaction to guns by pandering to the hoplophobe's aversion to the aesthetics of the 'mean' looking guns, e.g. the AWB that limited the gun to a set number of features that make it look nasty without having any real effect on their lethality.
so it's the so-called 'black guns' like the AR-15 that they go for.
but then when it started becoming popular to put some color on your guns by using products like Duracoat that can make your gun brightly colored (such as this pink one here), they attacked the guns for looking too innocent, arguing that they looked like toys, and might cause mayhem because they would be disregarded by possible victims or used by children who thought they were, in fact, toys.

So, it would seem that in order to avoid attack from the controllers, our guns should maintain some undefined level of 'threatening appearance'...
i find that humorous.  :)

regarding the current topic: fuck that guy...  but, why is arpeio torqued at him?

All of them at once, exactly the same argument I'm sure.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Elder Iptuous

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Iptuous on August 10, 2011, 02:17:32 PM
:?
i don't follow...

It just seems like you're bypassing a whole argument (gun control) by making opponents arguments for them in the most stupid way possible

BUT

If I'm honest with myself I know you're probably just commenting on particular nuances of given arguments that are amusing or contradictory
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Placid Dingo on August 10, 2011, 02:27:32 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on August 10, 2011, 02:17:32 PM
:?
i don't follow...

It just seems like you're bypassing a whole argument (gun control) by making opponents arguments for them in the most stupid way possible

BUT

If I'm honest with myself I know you're probably just commenting on particular nuances of given arguments that are amusing or contradictory

I can't see any reasonable argument FOR gun control.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Placid Dingo on August 10, 2011, 02:27:32 PM

BUT

Your honest assessment is the correct one.