Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on March 14, 2012, 04:37:56 AM
Quote from: Guru Coyote on March 14, 2012, 04:34:25 AM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 14, 2012, 04:30:18 AM
But I've heard that, especially around the bridges, a lot of dihydrogen monoxide inhalation occurences happen.

We also have monsters that breath it up here.

True story.

NO WAY.  DISBELIEVE!

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 14, 2012, 04:42:08 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 14, 2012, 04:37:56 AM
Quote from: Guru Coyote on March 14, 2012, 04:34:25 AM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 14, 2012, 04:30:18 AM
But I've heard that, especially around the bridges, a lot of dihydrogen monoxide inhalation occurences happen.

We also have monsters that breath it up here.

True story.

NO WAY.  DISBELIEVE!

We have so much of it, we just dump the excess into the ocean.

Freeky

:crankey: SO YOU'RE THE ONES WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OCEANSIDE DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE POISONING!

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 14, 2012, 04:47:20 AM
:crankey: SO YOU'RE THE ONES WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OCEANSIDE DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE POISONING!

Not me. I have nothing to with our dihi redistribution and waste management program.

Nephew Twiddleton

We too have water that fall into the sky and monsters that breathe it. Theyre considered a common part of the diet. Even the water scorpions. But in our language they are called lobstah.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Phox

Quote from: An Twidsteoir on March 14, 2012, 01:39:42 PM
We too have water that fall into the sky and monsters that breathe it. Theyre considered a common part of the diet. Even the water scorpions. But in our language they are called lobstah.
Lawbstah?

Freeky

Its pretty much a relief that this bill doesn't apply to community colleges, just (so far) the big three state colleges.

Don Coyote

What I want to know is if it also applies to vets. If it does, that is another possible line of attack against it.

Freeky

I can't fucking read the stupid thing, its too hard to find. :argh!: 

As far as I know, it's for everybody.

Freeky

Athletes and academic scholars are exempt, I guess.

Freeky

Quote from: Guru Coyote on March 14, 2012, 10:58:49 PM
What I want to know is if it also applies to vets. If it does, that is another possible line of attack against it.
An amendent, introduced by Rep. Matt Heinz, D-Tucson, exempting honorably discharged and active duty service members failed.

Quote"I'm a veteran and I don't think I should get free university tuition," Kavanagh [One of the prime sponsors of HB 2675 Rep. John Kavanagh, R-Fountain Hills] said. "Some veterans are extremely wealthy adults."

Kavanagh is the guy who proposed the bill based on two year old data, during a year where 48% of students didn't have to pay tuition.

QuoteCampbell said students should have every available tool to succeed and HB 2675 is a tuition increase that would deter many students from pursuing a higher education.

"We have one of the lowest rates of financial aid in the country," he said. "According to our state constitution, we should be providing a free, or as free as possible education. What problem are we trying to solve with this?"

Kavanagh said he would "bend over backwards" to make education affordable, but believed students should contribute to their education.

"We do not believe university education should be totally free," he said.

ETA: link to article http://www.statepress.com/2012/02/22/hb-2675-passes-committee-despite-strong-opposition/?utm_source=BlogGlue_network&utm_medium=BlogGlue_Plugin

Freeky

I keep hearing about it got pulled and then I can't find anywhere that says so. :argh!:

Don Coyote

Well shitfuckdamn.
Someone should maybe share this with some people.

What kind of shit is that? How does "some vets are extremely wealthy" equate to "lets force all vets to pay 2 grand for their college when their federally granted gi bill states it will cover all tuition at public universities"

I didn't do 4 fucking years just have some pencil dick decide that I need to spend 2 grand a year to "contribute to my education".

Cain

You should have spent more time fighting for your country in the boardroom of Goldman Sachs.  They pay for everything.  Even sex changes.  I bet they'd pay for your college out of the petty cash tin.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cain on March 19, 2012, 10:40:08 PM
You should have spent more time fighting for your country in the boardroom of Goldman Sachs.  They pay for everything.  Even sex changes.  I bet they'd pay for your college out of the petty cash tin.

And one day I could hope to be rich like them.