Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Guru Coyote on March 19, 2012, 10:37:58 PM
Well shitfuckdamn.
Someone should maybe share this with some people.

What kind of shit is that? How does "some vets are extremely wealthy" equate to "lets force all vets to pay 2 grand for their college when their federally granted gi bill states it will cover all tuition at public universities"

I didn't do 4 fucking years just have some pencil dick decide that I need to spend 2 grand a year to "contribute to my education".

I did read a little blurb on one of the articles that one of the people in K-guy's office told them that he was probably going to withdraw it, because an aide in some other department said it wouldn't leave the rules committee or something.

Even if it pans out to be not true, you're pretty much golden unless you wanted to go to schol in Arizona.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 19, 2012, 11:03:18 PM
Quote from: Guru Coyote on March 19, 2012, 10:37:58 PM
Well shitfuckdamn.
Someone should maybe share this with some people.

What kind of shit is that? How does "some vets are extremely wealthy" equate to "lets force all vets to pay 2 grand for their college when their federally granted gi bill states it will cover all tuition at public universities"

I didn't do 4 fucking years just have some pencil dick decide that I need to spend 2 grand a year to "contribute to my education".

I did read a little blurb on one of the articles that one of the people in K-guy's office told them that he was probably going to withdraw it, because an aide in some other department said it wouldn't leave the rules committee or something.

Even if it pans out to be not true, you're pretty much golden unless you wanted to go to schol in Arizona.

Well I'm not, but still I feel it acceptable to get pissed off over what some rich piece of shit wants to do to my people.

Freeky

It's totally acceptable.

God damn.  I know that this is politics everywhere now, but seriously, (most of) Arizona's seats of power are held by insane people.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 19, 2012, 10:28:03 PM

Quote"I'm a veteran and I don't think I should get free university tuition," Kavanagh [One of the prime sponsors of HB 2675 Rep. John Kavanagh, R-Fountain Hills] said. "Some veterans are extremely wealthy adults."

SUPPORT TEH TROOPS!
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 19, 2012, 11:36:57 PM

Quote"I'm a veteran and I don't think I should get free university tuition," Kavanagh [One of the prime sponsors of HB 2675 Rep. John Kavanagh, R-Fountain Hills] said. "Some veterans are extremely wealthy adults."

SUPPORT TEH TROOPS!

:retard:  That was just pure FUCK YOUery.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 20, 2012, 12:05:32 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 19, 2012, 11:36:57 PM

SUPPORT TEH TROOPS!

:retard:  That was just pure FUCK YOUery.

http://www.statepress.com/2012/03/01/legislator-withdraws-controversial-tuition-bill/
Molon Lube

Freeky

Doktor Howl

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/14/arizona-birth-control-bill-contraception-medical-reasons_n_1344557.html

WOW!

QuoteUnder current law, health plans in Arizona that cover other prescription medications must also cover contraception. House Bill 2625, which the state House of Representatives passed earlier this month and the Senate Judiciary Committee endorsed on Monday, repeals that law and allows any employer to refuse to cover contraception that will be used "for contraceptive, abortifacient, abortion or sterilization purposes." If a woman wants the cost of her contraception covered, she has to "submit a claim" to her employer providing evidence of a medical condition, such as endometriosis or polycystic ovarian syndrome, that can be treated with birth control.

Moreover, according to the American Civil Liberties Union, the law would give Arizona employers the green light to fire a woman upon finding out that she took birth control for the purpose of preventing pregnancy.

"The bill goes beyond guaranteeing a person's rights to express and practice their faith," Anjali Abraham, a lobbyist for the ACLU, told the Senate panel, "and instead lets employers prioritize their beliefs over the beliefs, the interests, the needs of their employees, in this case, particularly, female employees."
Molon Lube

Juana

I don't even know what to do with your state, Dok. Seriously. Also, please note I'll be shipping any and all AZ refugees I find back to you, lest the contaminate my state.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on March 20, 2012, 12:28:30 AM
I don't even know what to do with your state, Dok. Seriously. Also, please note I'll be shipping any and all AZ refugees I find back to you, lest the contaminate my state.

Can't say as I blame ya.   :lulz:

It's so fucking weird.  You come to Tucson, everyone's sort of liberal, they believe in rights and a safety net...But go up to Glendale or Scottsdale (or anywhere in the Phoenix/Scared Old White People) zone, and it's back to 1600CE.  I really can't explain it.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 20, 2012, 12:19:49 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/14/arizona-birth-control-bill-contraception-medical-reasons_n_1344557.html

WOW!

QuoteUnder current law, health plans in Arizona that cover other prescription medications must also cover contraception. House Bill 2625, which the state House of Representatives passed earlier this month and the Senate Judiciary Committee endorsed on Monday, repeals that law and allows any employer to refuse to cover contraception that will be used "for contraceptive, abortifacient, abortion or sterilization purposes." If a woman wants the cost of her contraception covered, she has to "submit a claim" to her employer providing evidence of a medical condition, such as endometriosis or polycystic ovarian syndrome, that can be treated with birth control.

Moreover, according to the American Civil Liberties Union, the law would give Arizona employers the green light to fire a woman upon finding out that she took birth control for the purpose of preventing pregnancy.

"The bill goes beyond guaranteeing a person's rights to express and practice their faith," Anjali Abraham, a lobbyist for the ACLU, told the Senate panel, "and instead lets employers prioritize their beliefs over the beliefs, the interests, the needs of their employees, in this case, particularly, female employees."

Arizona just can't stop trying to top themselves.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on March 20, 2012, 12:37:33 AM

Arizona just can't stop trying to top themselves.

We are a 6,482,505 person self-parody.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

QuoteMoreover, according to the American Civil Liberties Union, the law would give Arizona employers the green light to fire a woman upon finding out that she took birth control for the purpose of preventing pregnancy.

What's REALLY, REEALLY fucked up about this is that there was language in the original bill that didn't allow employers to discriminate against employees who found coverage for contraceptives elsewhere, but it got taken out.

LizKing531

Quote from: Cain on July 28, 2010, 09:39:25 PM
The sooner this thing goes critical, the better.

I suggest starting rumours that illegals are working at army bases and have been implicated in theft of military equipement, and see if the teabaggers are stupid enough to take the bait and protest a military base with their usual finesse and style (ie incoherent ranting, often while holding weapons).

I know I'm late to the party on this thread - but this is sheer brilliance -  why isnt this a thread or entire organization of its own?   hmm.....   8)