News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on April 05, 2012, 05:52:59 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 05, 2012, 05:42:30 PM
The great thing about that bill is that it would force women to behave at all times as if they were pregnant.

So no drinking, ladies.  Because you can never tell, right?

Because in Arizona, no restriction of rights is too far!

Well, rights are for men.  Says so in the bible.  Somewhere.  And not in that damned liberal Apocrypha, neither.

And not just any man.  Just quality people.
Molon Lube

Cain

White, in other words*

*Commies and faggots need not apply.

Also, America is now living proof of Corey Robin's thesis.

LMNO

The great thing about that bill is that it would force women to behave at all times as if they were pregnant.

Except when they're on their period.

Imagine, a city where women are on five-day binge-drinking benders while menstruating.

It would be a glorious sight, no?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 05, 2012, 06:03:19 PM
White, in other words*

*Commies and faggots need not apply.

Also, America is now living proof of Corey Robin's thesis.

White, with money, and you only beat your family in the privacy of your own home.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 05, 2012, 06:03:43 PM

Imagine, a city where women are on five-day binge-drinking benders while menstruating.

Gives a whole new meaning to "ladies' night".  I am up for this program.

Dok,
Silly grin at no additional cost.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 05, 2012, 06:03:43 PM

:horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:

GO ARIZONA!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

So they're going to raise the drinking age for women to 55, "just to be safe".

How the FUCK do these ugly motherfuckers expect to get laid?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 05, 2012, 06:39:08 PM

You have to understand that they're all either old men or bizarre female religious freaks that are only outside of the home until they can put things right, Phyllis Scafly style.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 05, 2012, 06:41:28 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 05, 2012, 06:39:08 PM

You have to understand that they're all either old men or bizarre female religious freaks that are only outside of the home until they can put things right, Phyllis Scafly style.

That actually explains EVERYTHING.  :eek:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

trippinprincezz13

I just have such a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that enough people that think like this exist that these sorts of bills actually get serious consideration and the ability to pass. Sure, a lot of *those* people may be in power, but someone put them there and there seem to be enough "ordinary" yahoos screaming their support. Maybe, like the "small town" thing, it's just a product of my environment, seeing as how this area tends to be fairly "socially liberal".

I mean, growing up Catholic, my parents were all "no sex before marriage". Then I went on birth control for semi-medical reasons, then they found out *it* happened and yea, not happy, but that's what's going to happen and it wasn't the end of the world. I'm sure they'd rather see me and my sister using contraception rather than either of us ending up with a child we can't properly support. And since it's not exactly "dinner conversation" the best I can sum up their feelings on abortion is that they tend to be against it, but aren't going to be cheering on anyone blowing up a Planned Parenthood clinic either. (yea that's pretty vague but what can I say, not something we talk about).

My point being is that my parents, and many others in their generation that I've interacted with - while they may *prefer* if things were a certain way and everything was wrapped in a neat little package, they seem to at least acknowledge the realty of how things work or what might happen. I can't SEE them supporting a NO CONTRACEPTION FOR ANYONE EVER, DEATH TO BABY KILLERS and NO RIGHTS FOR YOU, WOMEN. And maybe that's what's scary. It's one thing to see the obvious religious nutjob on the streets of Boston holding his placards and handing out "you're all going to Hell" pamphets. But not ALL these people can look like obvious nutjobs, so what's hidden in the minds of people I generally think of as "normal" or "sane"
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on April 05, 2012, 07:43:54 PM
I just have such a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that enough people that think like this exist that these sorts of bills actually get serious consideration and the ability to pass.

You have to remember that Arizona is a state where scared White bible-thumpers go to die.

Like Florida.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 05, 2012, 07:55:27 PM
I just have such a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that enough people that think like this exist that these sorts of bills actually get serious consideration and the ability to pass.

You have to remember that Arizona is a state where scared White bible-thumpers go to die.

Like Florida.

Very much like.  The biggest concentration of scared white Bible thumpers is the greater Phoenix area, which covers all the cities that Phoenix ate.  This is where Sherriff Arpaio lives, this is where Gov Brewer is, this is where our politicians convene, so it stands to reason that Our politicians are going to be people that the scared white Bible thumpers think will be appropriate, for the most part.  If they aren't, such as Gabby Giffords wasn't, well, reality finds a way.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on April 05, 2012, 08:02:29 PM

Like Florida.

Very much like.  The biggest concentration of scared white Bible thumpers is the greater Phoenix area, which covers all the cities that Phoenix ate.  This is where Sherriff Arpaio lives, this is where Gov Brewer is, this is where our politicians convene, so it stands to reason that Our politicians are going to be people that the scared white Bible thumpers think will be appropriate, for the most part.  If they aren't, such as Gabby Giffords wasn't, well, reality finds a way.

They also have 80% of the vote, so we have to go to Crazytown with them.
Molon Lube

Cain

The GOP is convening in Florida this year.

I'm guessing all the possible venues in Arizona were already booked (and Florida has more hookers).

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 05, 2012, 08:05:37 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on April 05, 2012, 08:02:29 PM

Like Florida.

They also have 80% of the vote, so we have to go to Crazytown with them.

Yeah.  I forgot to imply that in my post. 

But, there is a little bit of a brighter side, which is that I don't think as large a percentage of SWBT down here.  It just doesn't have that vibe.  It's more for the hell raisers and freaks.