PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Saw a blurb about this on the news (Fox, in the auto shop waiting room. Ugh.) not five minutes ago. Fuckin' A.

Freeky

I didn't know about this guy before, but from the way he was described, I'm not sorry he's dead.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on May 03, 2012, 07:37:54 PM
I didn't know about this guy before, but from the way he was described, I'm not sorry he's dead.

Too bad he took 4 other people with him, including a toddler.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 03, 2012, 07:39:12 PM

That is the very upsetting part, yes. 

Cain

J T Ready was basically a domestic terrorist in the making.  I'm not sad he's gone, but I am sad that people were pointing their finger at "narco-terrorists" at the border being a bigger threat.  They certainly weren't a bigger threat to Ready's family.

navkat

Quote from: Cain on May 03, 2012, 07:57:13 PM
J T Ready was basically a domestic terrorist in the making.  I'm not sad he's gone, but I am sad that people were pointing their finger at "narco-terrorists" at the border being a bigger threat.  They certainly weren't a bigger threat to Ready's family.

:argh!:

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 03, 2012, 07:39:12 PM

:argh!: :argh!:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 03, 2012, 07:23:08 PM
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/03/11518129-neo-nazi-who-killed-family-was-cruel-controlling-friend-of-victims-says?ocid=ansmsnbc11

That was one of Sheriff Joe's good buddies.

Doo bee doo bee doo.

That's pretty much the kind of people who want to shoot desperate immigrants coming over the border. It's not that they want to shoot immigrants as much as it is that they want to shoot someone.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on May 05, 2012, 01:23:42 AM
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/03/11518129-neo-nazi-who-killed-family-was-cruel-controlling-friend-of-victims-says?ocid=ansmsnbc11

Doo bee doo bee doo.

That's pretty much the kind of people who want to shoot desperate immigrants coming over the border. It's not that they want to shoot immigrants as much as it is that they want to shoot someone.

And to make sure that someone is by law lower on the totem pole than they are.

The Southern planters had the buckra.

Modern corporations have these yahoos.

By the way, would it surprise you to know that this guy and Russell Pearce were good buddies?  Incidentally, Pearce will not be reimbursed for his expenses for his failed defense of his recall.  Arizona seems to be not feeling quite itself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/04/russell-pearce-recall-reimbursement_n_1476497.html?ref=gop
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 06, 2012, 01:05:46 AM

Doo bee doo bee doo.

By the way, would it surprise you to know that this guy and Russell Pearce were good buddies?  Incidentally, Pearce will not be reimbursed for his expenses for his failed defense of his recall.  Arizona seems to be not feeling quite itself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/04/russell-pearce-recall-reimbursement_n_1476497.html?ref=gop

Ahahahahaha! Oh, finally, a little ray of sanity shines from your state.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on May 06, 2012, 01:23:56 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 06, 2012, 01:05:46 AM

Doo bee doo bee doo.

Ahahahahaha! Oh, finally, a little ray of sanity shines from your state.

Well, it's like this...People come here to retire from all over America, and they really don't have a lot in common with each other.  They have even less in common with Hispanics.  So the obvious way to gain a sense of belonging is to rage out at THEM THAR ILLEEGULS.  It then became fashionable to out-zealous everyone else, in the same way they try to out-zealous everyone at their church.  So ANYTHING GOES.

Until it DID go, in the form of SB1072.  Then everyone sort of dropped the subject and pretended they were never involved, because it suddenly wasn't as much FUN when they got their way...and realized they'd turned into the same people, more or less, that their parents had fought in Europe.

So while I don't expect Arizona to suddenly come to Jesus and become a liberal state, or even to stop the crazy shit, at least in this one thing, they felt shitty enough to turf out the bastard that wrote SB1072.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

AND THEN THIS SHIT HAPPENED!

Gov. Jan Brewer signed into law late Friday a bill that bans the state or any local government from using public money to contract with an organization that includes abortions in its services.

The governor's signature on House Bill 2800 comes on the heels of her approval last month of a bill that bans abortions after 20 weeks.

Brewer signed the measure while speaking at a reception for the Susan B. Anthony List, a group devoted to helping elect anti-abortion officials to public office.

"This is a common-sense law that tightens existing state regulations and closes loopholes in order to ensure that taxpayer dollars are not used to fund abortions, whether directly or indirectly," Brewer said in a statement. "By signing this measure into law, I stand with the majority of Americans who oppose the use of taxpayer funds for abortion."

HB 2800, sponsored by Rep. Justin Olson, R-Mesa, passed through the Legislature with Republican support.

The law aims to prevent contracts with or grants to any group that perform abortions that do not meet the federal requirements under Title 19 of the Social Security Act, which reimburses in cases of rape, incest or life endangerment. It also prioritizes how public money for family planning will be distributed -- such as to state-owned health-care centers and rural hospitals.

The law would not impact money that passes through the state Department of Health Services because the state does not provide money for family planning, an agency spokeswoman has said.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/2012/05/04/20120504arizona-abortion-services-bill-signed-into-law.html
Molon Lube

navkat

Okay, so...planned parenthood is effectively banned from AZ. Got it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

God forbid that taxpayers fund abortions! Or other reproductive health services!

Cain

Looks like the DoJ is making a move against Sheriff Joe.

http://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/resources/46420125101544060757.pdf

QuoteFrom at least 2006 and continuing through the present, MCSO officers have unlawfully discriminated against Latinos and otherwise violated their constitutional rights through a broad range of police practices, including the following: Unconstitutional and unlawful targeting of Latinos, because of their race, color, or national origin, for pretextual traffic stops during routine enforcement activity, in connection with purported immigration and human smuggling law enforcement activities, and during purported crime suppression operations (suppression sweeps) Unconstitutional and unlawful detention of Latino drivers and passengers, because of their race, color, or national origin, to determine immigration status, when there is no lawful basis for the detention...

The Defendants' violations of the Constitution and laws of the United States are the product of a culture of disregard in MCSO for Latinos that starts at the top and pervades the organization. MCSO jail employees frequently refer to Latinos as "wetbacks," "Mexican bitches," and "stupid Mexicans." MCSO supervisors involved in immigration enforcement have expressed anti-Latino bias, in one instance widely distributing an email that included a photograph of a Chihuahua dog dressed in swimming gear with the caption "A Rare Photo of a Mexican Navy Seal." MCSO and Arpaio's words and actions set the tone and create a culture of bias that contributes to unlawful actions.