News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on June 26, 2012, 12:58:54 AM
QuoteAlso, have you ever noticed that Phoenix is really, really fucking full of itself?

NO!  Surely you jest! :lulz:

It's the whole area really. FFS Glendale just raised property taxes by 36 PER-FUCKING-CENT so they could stay in the "Major League Sports" club by keeping the Coyotes around. Oh, sure, the taxes would have gone up "anyway," to pay for the stadium where NOBODY GOES to watch a sport NOBODY WATCHES, whether the Coyotes stayed or went. Just goes to show you, something about the 10 or 15 degree heat difference between Tucson and Phoenix results in a lot of brain damage.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Freeky

Quote from: v3x on June 26, 2012, 01:04:39 AM
QuoteAlso, have you ever noticed that Phoenix is really, really fucking full of itself?

It's the whole area really. FFS Glendale just raised property taxes by 36 PER-FUCKING-CENT so they could stay in the "Major League Sports" club by keeping the Coyotes around. Oh, sure, the taxes would have gone up "anyway," to pay for the stadium where NOBODY GOES to watch a sport NOBODY WATCHES, whether the Coyotes stayed or went. Just goes to show you, something about the 10 or 15 degree heat difference between Tucson and Phoenix results in a lot of brain damage.

Dude, nobody, and I mean nobody was meant to live in a desert.  I've written about it before, I've got another thing brewing in my head.  The only difference between Phoenix and Tucson is the people and their expectations, really.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v3x on June 26, 2012, 01:04:39 AM

Glendale is just trying to capture Buckeye's title as "Newest ghost town".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

I like hockey. To the point I'll actually watch it on TV. But I'm trying to figure out why you'd have a team in the desert. It's about as ridiculous as green lawns in the desert, sfaiac.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on June 26, 2012, 02:15:47 AM
I like hockey. To the point I'll actually watch it on TV. But I'm trying to figure out why you'd have a team in the desert. It's about as ridiculous as green lawns in the desert, sfaiac.

Speaking of which, the HOA dinged me $25 last week because my grass isn't green enough.

Freeky

Quote from: v3x on June 26, 2012, 02:25:22 AM

Speaking of which, the HOA dinged me $25 last week because my grass isn't green enough.

The solution for this is clear:  Buy several gallons of green paint.  Apply to lawn.

Alternatively, astroturf.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v3x on June 26, 2012, 02:25:22 AM

That's a bargain.  The amount of water you'd need to keep it green would run you about $90.

Move down to Tucson.  We don't have lawns.  Well, a few people do, and we laugh at them openly.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

E.O.T.

ALRIGHT ALREADY,

where's the spagging out over the arizona ruling?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: E.O.T. on June 26, 2012, 10:30:28 PM

ALRIGHT ALREADY,

One page back. Not much spagging though.

But I DO think it's hilarious that the Supreme Court left the "show me your papers" provision intact, and Obama immediately responded with "that's fine. We just won't return any phone calls from AZ police. Have fun with that provision guys!" and canceled AZ's enforcement agreements with ICE.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v3x on June 26, 2012, 10:32:42 PM

ALRIGHT ALREADY,

But I DO think it's hilarious that the Supreme Court left the "show me your papers" provision intact, and Obama immediately responded with "that's fine. We just won't return any phone calls from AZ police. Have fun with that provision guys!" and canceled AZ's enforcement agreements with ICE.

Obama is the king of the trolls. 

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 26, 2012, 10:47:07 PM

ALRIGHT ALREADY,

Indeed. Hence my special Election 2012 edition avatar.

E.O.T.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 26, 2012, 10:47:07 PM

ALRIGHT ALREADY,

HUH

i never considered that. but wouldn't he be the boy-prince of trolls. i love it when cain calls him that.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division