News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.O.T.

GO FIGURE

indiana would respond to the feds with this http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/13517720-418/indiana-sends-congress-illegal-immigration-tab.html

QUOTE:

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana's budget director calculates illegal immigrants have cost Indiana $130.9 million.

Budget Director Adam Horst sent Congress a bill for the amount Friday as required under Indiana's illegal immigration law passed last year by the General Assembly.

Congress is not expected to act on the request, however.

Indiana's law was modeled on the 2010 Arizona illegal immigration bill whose key provisions were struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday. Indiana's law also is being challenged in court.

Horst estimated $110.6 million of the state's illegal immigrant costs have been for K-12 education. He estimated prison costs at $12.3 million and welfare costs at nearly $8 million.

HOW

to they account for these numbers?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: E.O.T. on July 01, 2012, 09:01:47 PM

GO FIGURE

indiana would respond to the feds with this http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/13517720-418/indiana-sends-congress-illegal-immigration-tab.html

QUOTE:

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana's budget director calculates illegal immigrants have cost Indiana $130.9 million.

Budget Director Adam Horst sent Congress a bill for the amount Friday as required under Indiana's illegal immigration law passed last year by the General Assembly.

Indiana's law was modeled on the 2010 Arizona illegal immigration bill whose key provisions were struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday. Indiana's law also is being challenged in court.

Horst estimated $110.6 million of the state's illegal immigrant costs have been for K-12 education. He estimated prison costs at $12.3 million and welfare costs at nearly $8 million.

HOW

That's a good question, and it's also curious that they have calculated cost but not income, as it's well-documented that "illegal" residents bring states more income than they cost them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 01, 2012, 09:18:58 PM

GO FIGURE

QUOTE:

HOW

That's a good question, and it's also curious that they have calculated cost but not income, as it's well-documented that "illegal" residents bring states more income than they cost them.

SAME THING!

how does one track what's undocumented?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

The Good Reverend Roger

How much have perfectly legal bankers caused them?

DE'RE TAKKING YER JERRRRRBS!
\
:bankster:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I'm perfectly fine with a law that mandates the deportation of anyone suspected of being a banker.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: E.O.T. on July 01, 2012, 09:21:10 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 01, 2012, 09:18:58 PM

GO FIGURE

QUOTE:

HOW

SAME THING!

how does one track what's undocumented?

It's surprisingly easy to track income taxes from undocumented immigrants, for two reasons; one, the most common form of social security fraud is using a stolen number to pay taxes, and two, the IRS has a form that a surprisingly high number of undocumented resident workers voluntarily use to pay taxes with because they want to be participants in the American system. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2017113852_immigtaxes29.html http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-03-16/news/31199931_1_residency-and-taxpaying-illegal-immigrants-taxation-and-economic-policy http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/unauthorized-immigrants-pay-taxes-too

That's the direct income; it's harder to quantify the indirect income they generate by keeping afloat certain industries that are dependent on their labor (check out the farm labor crises in Georgia and Kansas), and also by stimulating our economy by being consumers. Now that immigration flow has reversed, unless something happens to replace it we're going to start seeing some direct and unpleasant economic effects of population decline on an economy that is structured on growth.

As an aside, were you aware that, contrary to popular belief among the pundit crowd, most undocumented residents didn't get here by sneaking across the border, but came on student, travel, or work visas, and just didn't leave after they expired?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 26, 2012, 02:48:49 AM
Quote from: v3x on June 26, 2012, 02:25:22 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on June 26, 2012, 02:15:47 AM
I like hockey. To the point I'll actually watch it on TV. But I'm trying to figure out why you'd have a team in the desert. It's about as ridiculous as green lawns in the desert, sfaiac.

Speaking of which, the HOA dinged me $25 last week because my grass isn't green enough.

That's a bargain.  The amount of water you'd need to keep it green would run you about $90.

Move down to Tucson.  We don't have lawns.  Well, a few people do, and we laugh at them openly.

what? do they not realise that they live in a goddamn desert? You yanks have some weird property laws. Over here as long as your garden isn't covered in rubbish you don't have any issues. Well, except for trees that cut out masses of light, but that's kinda understandable with the overcast nature of this island. Your neighbour has a bunch of leylandi and bang, rickets.

Freeky

Quote from: Pixie on July 02, 2012, 11:19:14 PM
I like hockey. To the point I'll actually watch it on TV. But I'm trying to figure out why you'd have a team in the desert. It's about as ridiculous as green lawns in the desert, sfaiac.

Speaking of which, the HOA dinged me $25 last week because my grass isn't green enough.

That's a bargain.  The amount of water you'd need to keep it green would run you about $90.

Move down to Tucson.  We don't have lawns.  Well, a few people do, and we laugh at them openly.

what? do they not realise that they live in a goddamn desert?

America.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 02, 2012, 11:23:44 PM

America.

Importing your environment is good for the economy.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on July 03, 2012, 08:46:33 PM

America.

Importing your environment Running a sprinkler 24/7 to show you're not like those people walking is good for the economy.

There.  NOW it's fixed.

And we're against that sort of thing, by the way.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Whoops!  Fucking edit button is right next to the quote button.

Sorry.   :oops:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

It's all good.

I'm starting to hear references to those people on bicycles too.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana

America.
"America" - a descriptor an entire fucking retarded mindset since the Pilgrims hijacked the Mayflower
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Freeky

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on July 03, 2012, 11:13:14 PM

America.
"America" - a descriptor an entire fucking retarded mindset since the Pilgrims hijacked the Mayflower

they sailed from my hometown before they got to Plymouth. I think I win!