News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

She's not a teabagger though, she's a democrat.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on June 30, 2016, 12:12:50 AM
She's not a teabagger though, she's a democrat.

what state are we in again?

They are ALL teabaggers, except Kirkpatrick, and she has to carry a parang around with her wherever she goes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 18, 2017, 09:55:01 PM
I'm bringing caffeine.

There was a science fiction story about this.  Drake or Niven or Pournelle, can't remember. Tobacco is outlawed, and there's no due process for possession.  The convict's wife had found him with some contraband pall malls and was going to turn him in, they scuffled, she died.  He had to choose the method of his execution.  The convict chose cigarettes.  So they made him smoke 5 packs a day.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

How the hell does it take two hours to kill a person who can't fight back? Why the hell do all our execution methods seem like the kind of thing that would be devised by Doctor Evil!?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

MMIX

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2017/02/22/arizona-senate-crackdown-on-protests/

QuoteClaiming people are being paid to riot, Republican state senators voted Wednesday to give police new power to arrest anyone who is involved in a peaceful demonstration that may turn bad — even before anything actually happened.
SB1142 expands the state's racketeering laws, now aimed at organized crime, to also include rioting. And it redefines what constitutes rioting to include actions that result in damage to the property of others.

also
Sen. Sylvia Allen, R-Snowflake, said the new criminal laws are necessary.
"I have been heartsick with what's been going on in our country, what young people are being encouraged to do,'' she said.
She agreed with Quezada that there already are laws that cover overt acts. But Allen said they don't work.
"If they get thrown in jail, somebody pays to get them out,'' she said. "There has to be something to deter them from that.'' 

R-Snowflake, please tell me that is not a misprint
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 20, 2017, 05:37:55 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 18, 2017, 09:55:01 PM
I'm bringing caffeine.

There was a science fiction story about this.  Drake or Niven or Pournelle, can't remember. Tobacco is outlawed, and there's no due process for possession.  The convict's wife had found him with some contraband pall malls and was going to turn him in, they scuffled, she died.  He had to choose the method of his execution.  The convict chose cigarettes.  So they made him smoke 5 packs a day.

OK, I gave you all a chance to pull "marijuana" and no-one did.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MMIX on February 23, 2017, 10:22:15 PM
http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2017/02/22/arizona-senate-crackdown-on-protests/

QuoteClaiming people are being paid to riot, Republican state senators voted Wednesday to give police new power to arrest anyone who is involved in a peaceful demonstration that may turn bad — even before anything actually happened.
SB1142 expands the state's racketeering laws, now aimed at organized crime, to also include rioting. And it redefines what constitutes rioting to include actions that result in damage to the property of others.

also
Sen. Sylvia Allen, R-Snowflake, said the new criminal laws are necessary.
"I have been heartsick with what's been going on in our country, what young people are being encouraged to do,'' she said.
She agreed with Quezada that there already are laws that cover overt acts. But Allen said they don't work.
"If they get thrown in jail, somebody pays to get them out,'' she said. "There has to be something to deter them from that.'' 

It is not.  Allen has also stated that church should be compulsory.

MMIX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2017, 11:58:39 PM

Wow,  :eek: do you think she fell out of a timeslip from Plimoth Plantation? [Before it became a tourist attraction, of course]
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MMIX on February 24, 2017, 12:19:51 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2017, 11:58:39 PM

Wow,  :eek: do you think she fell out of a timeslip from Plimoth Plantation? [Before it became a tourist attraction, of course]

She said that we'd be better off if everyone had to go to church on Sunday.  Someone asked her about Jews, who of course celebrate on Saturday, then all of a sudden it got complicated and she announced that it had all been satire.

Pergamos

I hear Arizona is going to start taking people's houses away if they plan a protest.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on February 28, 2017, 10:37:15 PM
I hear Arizona is going to start taking people's houses away if they plan a protest.

Yes.  "Conspiracy to petition the government for redress."

The Good Reverend Roger

tyrannosaurus vex

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix-breaking/2017/04/04/maricopa-county-sheriff-paul-penzone-tent-city-closing/100023562/

Paul Penzone is closing Joe Arpaio's "Tent City". But don't worry, it isn't because the place makes a mockery of justice and reformation, or because it's inhumane or ridiculous. It's because the county can save $4.5 million per month this way. Never fear, good citizens, these criminals will continue being treated like shit, just in a different facility.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.