News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 12, 2010, 07:18:41 PM
Holy fuck?  I thought there were only a million people in metro Tucson.  How do you drive people that crazy?

There is a reason Tucson is a horrible place. The land itself is sentient. It is angry. It hates us all.

The land beneath Tucson was once beneath a great sea. And it slept in the cool dark. The seas receded, and the land was awoken by the heat and sun and air and wind. It was angry, for it wanted to return to the quiet and constant night it once had. New kinds of life sprung into being, and the land became angrier still. When man came to build his cities, the land was wrathful, and drove him to insanity, but man would not – could not – leave. The land wanted man to pay for the scars he had put upon it, and would not allow him to leave. It wanted him to pay.

It took his dreams and broke them. It took his will and crushed it. It gave him no chance of escape. And man became lost, there in the desert, though he did not realize it. And it gave the land grim satisfaction to cause man great suffering. And man multiplied, and the land became more enraged and more delighted, had more lives to destroy.

It still yearns for sleep, the land. Until then it will take we who remain and play with us as the dog plays with a stuffed toy – shredding us to bits, leaving us when there is nothing left of us. The land is angry. It is joyful. It hates us all.

Jasper

Whooaaah...  Freeky.

:mittens:  x <big number>

Eater of Clowns

That was very, very good Freeky.  I could feel the sandy despair.

:mittens:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 12, 2010, 07:18:41 PM
Holy fuck?  I thought there were only a million people in metro Tucson.  How do you drive people that crazy?

It's Tucson.

*shrug*

Also, what Freeky said.
Molon Lube

Adios

Sounds like a place even Napalm couldn't harm.

Jasper

They probably use it to cool off on hot days.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hawk on May 13, 2010, 12:17:53 AM
Sounds like a place even Napalm couldn't harm.

Not sure.  What's the melting point of meaningless despair?
Molon Lube

Pope Pixie Pickle

ITT Pixie is happy I never moved and decided adultery was a better idea than staying with the eejit I married.

Iason Ouabache

Ethnic studies are now illegal in Arizona:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/12/AR2010051200329.html?hpid=moreheadlines

QuoteArizona Gov. Jan Brewer has signed a bill targeting a school district's ethnic studies program, hours after a report by United Nations human rights experts condemned the measure.

State schools chief Tom Horne, who has pushed the bill for years, said he believes the Tucson school district's Mexican-American studies program teaches Latino students that they are oppressed by white people.

Public schools should not be encouraging students to resent a particular race, he said.

"It's just like the old South, and it's long past time that we prohibited it," Horne said.

The measure signed Tuesday prohibits classes that advocate ethnic solidarity, that are designed primarily for students of a particular race or that promote resentment toward a certain ethnic group.

But it's not about race.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Requia ☣

America may be doomed Roger, but your state is doomed first. :lulz:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Adios

Paul Revere would have warned the British to avoid Arizona.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 13, 2010, 12:56:28 AM
America may be doomed Roger, but your state is doomed first. :lulz:

Oh, hell yeah.  Listening to White people whining about being racially oppressed is music to my ears, the exact sort of music I'd like to think the band played as the Titanic went down.

Look upon Arizona, ye Americans, and despair.  This is your future.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I actually think that Arizona is going to make itself an object lesson for the rest of the country. It's kind of like a small miracle, watching this unfold before our eyes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 13, 2010, 05:17:46 PM
I actually think that Arizona is going to make itself an object lesson for the rest of the country. It's kind of like a small miracle, watching this unfold before our eyes.

Unfortunately, Utah and a few other states are seriously considering emulating this Jim Crow shit.
Molon Lube

Vene

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 13, 2010, 05:20:17 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 13, 2010, 05:17:46 PM

Unfortunately, Utah and a few other states are seriously considering emulating this Jim Crow shit.
That's Utah, Utah is shit.