News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

We could solve this whole problem by giving Arizona to Mexico.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Requia ☣

And Utah's Governor has said he'd support a bill like Arizona's.  Sucks to be the brown half of my family I guess.   :kingmeh:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Seriously, I don't know why we wanted Arizona in the first place. It used to be part of Mexico, we should give it back. As if Mexico would take it.

It's kind of going in that direction, though, amirite? Arizona is basically vying for independence, and that can only go in one direction.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Requia ☣

Can we give them Texas back at the same time?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 28, 2010, 05:48:10 AM
Can we give them Texas back at the same time?

God, please!

Although, again, I doubt Mexico would take it back.

Freeky

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 28, 2010, 05:43:07 AM
Seriously, I don't know why we wanted Arizona in the first place. It used to be part of Mexico, we should give it back. As if Mexico would take it.

It's kind of going in that direction, though, amirite? Arizona is basically vying for independence, and that can only go in one direction.

I'm betting that in the next 5 years or so, I will have the unequalled opportunity to see a civil war up close.

Iason Ouabache

JD Hayworth must have studied American History in Texas.

http://crooksandliars.com/jason-sigger/hayworths-history-lesson

QuoteWhile speaking last week to a local GOP organization in Phoenix, Hayworth was asked by an attendee about America's failure to formally declare war in our modern conflicts. Hayworth defended the modern-day authorizations for the use of military force. "But I would also point out, that if we want to be sticklers, the war that Dwight Eisenhower led in Europe against the Third Reich was never declared by the United States Congress," said Hayworth. "Recall, the Congress passed a war resolution against Japan. Germany declared war on us two days later. We never formally declared war on Hitler's Germany, and yet we fought the war."

Except for, maybe this...

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/WorldWar2/declare2.htm

QuoteWhereas the Government of Germany has formally declared war against the Government and the people of the United States of America:

Therefore be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the state of war between the United States and the Government of Germany which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and the President is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the United States and the resources of the Government to carry on war against the Government of Germany; and, to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States.

Approved, December 11, 1941, 3:05 p.m., E. S. T.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

Kai

Quote from: LMNO on May 28, 2010, 07:32:01 PM
:facepalm:

$5 no one calls him out on this.

They say this stuff on purpose, as a distraction. Since people who would correct them have integrity and actually take the time to dig up the proper references, they all waste their time running after ridiculous statements rather than addressing issues.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Remington

Quote from: Kai on May 28, 2010, 09:09:06 PM
Quote from: LMNO on May 28, 2010, 07:32:01 PM
:facepalm:

$5 no one calls him out on this.

They say this stuff on purpose, as a distraction. Since people who would correct them have integrity and actually take the time to dig up the proper references, they all waste their time running after ridiculous statements rather than addressing issues.
It's like the political equivalent of deploying flares.

Is it plugged in?

Vene

QuoteA group of artists has been asked to lighten the faces of children depicted in a giant public mural at a Prescott school.

The project's leader says he was ordered to lighten the skin tone after complaints about the children's ethnicity. But the school's principal says the request was only to fix shading and had nothing to do with political pressure.

The "Go on Green" mural, which covers two walls outside Miller Valley Elementary School, was designed to advertise a campaign for environmentally friendly transportation. It features portraits of four children, with a Hispanic boy as the dominant figure.

R.E. Wall, director of Prescott's Downtown Mural Project, said he and other artists were subjected to slurs from motorists as they worked on the painting at one of the town's most prominent intersections.

"We consistently, for two months, had people shouting racial slander from their cars," Wall said. "We had children painting with us, and here come these yells of (epithet for Blacks) and (epithet for Hispanics)."

Wall said school Principal Jeff Lane pressed him to make the children's faces appear happier and brighter.

"It is being lightened because of the controversy," Wall said, adding that "they want it to look like the children are coming into light."

Lane said that he received only three complaints about the mural and that his request for a touch-up had nothing to do with political pressure. "We asked them to fix the shading on the children's faces," he said. "We were looking at it from an artistic view. Nothing at all to do with race."
[emphasis mine]
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/06/04/20100604arizona-mural-sparks-racial-debate.html

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Professor Freeky on May 28, 2010, 06:26:05 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 28, 2010, 05:43:07 AM

I'm betting that in the next 5 years or so, I will have the unequalled opportunity to see a civil war up close.

Yeah, it's going to get REALLY interesting, very soon.