Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on June 15, 2010, 03:01:01 PM
hell yeah they know it's unconstitutional

from the article---

Quote[the 14th amendment] was intended to provide citizenship for freed slaves and served as a final answer to the Dred Scott case, cementing the federal government's control over citizenship.

But that was 1868. Today, Pearce says the 14th Amendment has been "hijacked" by illegal immigrants. "They use it as a wedge," Pearce says. "This is an orchestrated effort by them to come here and have children to gain access to the great welfare state we've created." Pearce says he is aware of the constitutional issues involved with the bill and vows to introduce it nevertheless. "We will write it right." He and other Republicans in the red state Arizona point to popular sympathy: 58% of Americans polled by Rasmussen think illegal immigrants whose children are born here should not receive citizenship; support for that stance is 76% among Republicans.

"We will write it right."

Thanks Pearce.

I think it should be applied retroactively.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Aren't these the same people who argue that the constitution is not a "living document", and should strictly adhere to the letter of the law, and not the spirit?

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: LMNO on June 15, 2010, 04:12:39 PM
Aren't these the same people who argue that the constitution is not a "living document", and should strictly adhere to the letter of the law, and not the spirit?
That only counts for the second amendment and fuck the rest of it.

:weary:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on June 15, 2010, 03:01:01 PM
hell yeah they know it's unconstitutional

from the article---

Quote[the 14th amendment] was intended to provide citizenship for freed slaves and served as a final answer to the Dred Scott case, cementing the federal government's control over citizenship.

But that was 1868. Today, Pearce says the 14th Amendment has been "hijacked" by illegal immigrants. "They use it as a wedge," Pearce says. "This is an orchestrated effort by them to come here and have children to gain access to the great welfare state we've created." Pearce says he is aware of the constitutional issues involved with the bill and vows to introduce it nevertheless. "We will write it right." He and other Republicans in the red state Arizona point to popular sympathy: 58% of Americans polled by Rasmussen think illegal immigrants whose children are born here should not receive citizenship; support for that stance is 76% among Republicans.

"We will write it right."

Thanks Pearce.

Pearce is to Arizona what Baby Doc Duvalier was to Haiti, only not as funny.
Molon Lube

BadBeast

Have you still got that mental Sherriff out there, who chain gangs County Jail inmates to death? He was on the TV over here the other night.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Freeky

Quote from: BadBeast on June 15, 2010, 10:03:05 PM
Have you still got that mental Sherriff out there, who chain gangs County Jail inmates to death? He was on the TV over here the other night.

If you're talking about Sheriff Joe Arpaio, yes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on June 15, 2010, 10:03:05 PM

Yes.  He's a state treasure.  A living, breathing example of what happens when you let people in Tempe vote.
Molon Lube

BadBeast

He's a fuckin' nutter is what he is! And don't all the good folks out there just love him, and his big ol' iron on his hip?
We used to have one like him, John Anderton, Chief Constable of somewhere or other, and he called himself "Gods Cop". But he got sacked for eating foetus or fisting Maggie Thatcher or something, and got ritually disembowelled by Prince Philip  between chukkas at a Polo Match I think. (Or was that Princess Margaret?)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on June 16, 2010, 12:09:58 AM
He's a fuckin' nutter is what he is! And don't all the good folks out there just love him, and his big ol' iron on his hip?

Ahem.

Dok,
Carries iron on his hip, and isn't a racist fuckbag fascist.
Molon Lube

BadBeast

The gun isn't the defining factor here, the  bloke plainly isn't right in the head, and shouldn't even be trusted with a supersoaker!  

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on June 16, 2010, 02:35:10 AM
The gun isn't the defining factor here, the  bloke plainly isn't right in the head, and shouldn't even be trusted with a supersoaker!  

Because I am and have always been the very model of stability.   :lulz:

Sheriff Joe doesn't kill people with a gun.  He kills people with deputies.
Molon Lube

BadBeast

Yeah, but he couldn't get hard for Mrs Sherriff Joe, without his gun in his hand. (unholy union of the mad and the madder)

BadBeast

What I cant work out is why they were on our TV! Strutting around like a mutant little gamecock, "shall I go for the Governers job"? smirking all over his dumpling face, eyes all mad like a chickens. Only caught the last five minutes, but I don't think ill ever forget that face.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on June 16, 2010, 03:20:04 AM
What I cant work out is why they were on our TV! Strutting around like a mutant little gamecock, "shall I go for the Governers job"? smirking all over his dumpling face, eyes all mad like a chickens. Only caught the last five minutes, but I don't think ill ever forget that face.

Oh, yeah.

The attack of Thundertoad.  Every backwoods bumblefuck thug sheriff cliche, all rolled into one.
Molon Lube

Kai

Arizona is just one of many large scale lessons of humanity going on today. Sit down, watch and learn kiddies. And do try to take notes so you can NOT replicate this later.  8)
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish