News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 28, 2010, 07:46:35 PM
Mike is STILL ranting!   :lulz:

"MIGHT AS WELL JUST LET THEM ALL IN AND GIVE THEM OUR DOCTORS AND OUR CARS!"

(To get the full effect, imagine a nerdy, nasal, squeaky voice at full volume.)

POINT BEHIND HIM AND YELL "MEXICAN!!!"

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 28, 2010, 07:19:41 PM
Our engineer is throwing an outright tantrum over this.   :lulz:
Fire him. Hire a competent Mexican to replace him.  :D
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Requia ☣

Quote from: RWHN on July 28, 2010, 06:51:52 PM
Gov. Brewer owned, for now...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38436995/ns/us_news-immigration_a_nation_divided/

QuotePHOENIX — A federal judge on Wednesday blocked the most controversial parts of Arizona's immigration law from taking effect, delivering a last-minute victory to opponents of the crackdown.

The overall law will still take effect Thursday, but without the provisions that angered opponents — including sections that required officers to check a person's immigration status while enforcing other laws.

The judge also put on hold parts of the law that required immigrants to carry their papers at all times, and made it illegal for undocumented workers to solicit employment in public places.

U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton ruled that the controversial sections should be put on hold until the courts resolve the issues.

The ruling came just as police were making last-minute preparations to begin enforcement of the law at 12:01 a.m. Thursday and protesters were planning a large demonstrations to speak out against the measure. At least one group planned to block access to federal offices, daring officers to ask them their immigration status.

The volume of the protests will be likely be turned down a few notches because of the ruling by Bolton, a Clinton appointee who suddenly became a crucial figure in the immigration debate when she was assigned the seven lawsuits filed against the Arizona law.

Lawyers for the state contend the law was a constitutionally sound attempt by Arizona — the busiest illegal gateway into the country — to assist federal immigration agents and lessen border woes such as the heavy costs for educating, jailing and providing health care for illegal immigrants.

Sheriff Joe is going to be some pissed. 

NPR reports he's vowed to enforce the law regardless.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

Can't he get fired just for saying that?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on July 28, 2010, 09:05:51 PM
Quote from: RWHN on July 28, 2010, 06:51:52 PM
Gov. Brewer owned, for now...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38436995/ns/us_news-immigration_a_nation_divided/

QuotePHOENIX — A federal judge on Wednesday blocked the most controversial parts of Arizona's immigration law from taking effect, delivering a last-minute victory to opponents of the crackdown.

The overall law will still take effect Thursday, but without the provisions that angered opponents — including sections that required officers to check a person's immigration status while enforcing other laws.

The judge also put on hold parts of the law that required immigrants to carry their papers at all times, and made it illegal for undocumented workers to solicit employment in public places.

U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton ruled that the controversial sections should be put on hold until the courts resolve the issues.

The ruling came just as police were making last-minute preparations to begin enforcement of the law at 12:01 a.m. Thursday and protesters were planning a large demonstrations to speak out against the measure. At least one group planned to block access to federal offices, daring officers to ask them their immigration status.

The volume of the protests will be likely be turned down a few notches because of the ruling by Bolton, a Clinton appointee who suddenly became a crucial figure in the immigration debate when she was assigned the seven lawsuits filed against the Arizona law.

Lawyers for the state contend the law was a constitutionally sound attempt by Arizona — the busiest illegal gateway into the country — to assist federal immigration agents and lessen border woes such as the heavy costs for educating, jailing and providing health care for illegal immigrants.

Sheriff Joe is going to be some pissed. 

NPR reports he's vowed to enforce the law regardless.

OH, FUCK YEAH!
Molon Lube

Jenne

Someone needs to find that asshole drunk, driving, and fucked up so he can be treated like the thousands he's fucked over.

Adios

Dream on, he won't be touched. Remember who and where he is.

Doktor Howl

OUT OF CONTROL SHERIFF!  WOOOOOOOOO!

I see Federal Marshalls in the near future.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 28, 2010, 09:12:21 PM
OUT OF CONTROL SHERIFF!  WOOOOOOOOO!

I see Federal Marshalls in the near future.

Ok, now that would be fun to watch.

AFK

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 28, 2010, 09:06:56 PM

Not if he was elected.  Do Sheriffs get elected in Arizona? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: RWHN on July 28, 2010, 09:23:03 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on July 28, 2010, 09:06:56 PM

Not if he was elected.  Do Sheriffs get elected in Arizona? 

Yes.  And he'd refuse to step down, even if Brewer COULD and WOULD fire him (she wouldn't).
Molon Lube

AFK

Yeah, no way she'd fire him.  She's clearly hitched her train to this thing.  I can't wait to watch Hannity lose his shit over this tonite.   :lulz:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Rog, weren't you talking about some sort of civil war type atmosphere in AZ?  This seems like it could tip off some sort of, uh, reaction in that direction.  I'm not saying full-scale, but I can see some military presence being called in, etc.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on July 28, 2010, 09:34:01 PM
Rog, weren't you talking about some sort of civil war type atmosphere in AZ?  This seems like it could tip off some sort of, uh, reaction in that direction.  I'm not saying full-scale, but I can see some military presence being called in, etc.

Good God, I hope so.
Molon Lube

Requia ☣

5 bucks says if the US military makes a show of force in AZ the Utah militia nutjobs head south too.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.