News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

It's bred into us, there HAS to be somebody to kick around.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 04:08:34 PM

Extra Special Bonus of being in a Collective... makes US vs THEM easy.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Adios

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 29, 2010, 04:15:33 PM
Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 04:08:34 PM

Extra Special Bonus of being in a Collective... makes US vs THEM easy.

:lulz:

Hoser McRhizzy

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2010, 03:22:27 PM
The thing is, this deportation thing, it's been TRIED BEFORE.  Over and over.  By the Feds, even.  And guess what?

IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK.

Because we KNOW, from top-down, that this is not the way to flourish.  The knee-jerk reaction passes eventually, and immigrants flood in. 

BY THE BYE:  where's all the outrage at people overstaying their fucking visas?  Hm?

Anyone ever look at the figures there?  How many people come here as a "student" or on a temp work visa?  And set up families?

But ohoho!  Those folks aren't Latino!  (actually, some might be from Spain, perhaps Portugal...)  They are the rich, the White, the Yurpeen.  Or the Indian.  Or the Pakistani.  Or the Taiwanese.  ...but I digress.

They're NOT profilable, so they get, shall we say?...folded into the masses.

But where is the hysteria there?  Because I tell you what--you want to talk about endangered jobs?  THOSE are the folks takin' them.  They're middle class, they're probably  more educated than you, and guess what?  They're willing to work harder and longer because they know it's harder to start again and elsewhere if they don't.

...but again, perhaps I'm talkin' to myself here.

I appreciated everything you wrote, and this comment is mostly just agreement with you, Dok CB and Ratatosk.

The current economy would collapse without undocumented workers preset for exploitation, because illegal economies are the main thing holding the global economy together.  Our governments leave holes in the fences (or create 'free trade zones' and so on) because current economies would collapse without them.  As you and CB explained, it's organized crime. 

What makes more money?  A couple million people you can pay whatever you like (or even find ways to charge them money for working for you - common exploitation with nannies, for example) and deport if they try to get medical help, school for their kids, or a signed work contract?  Or making sure everyone has reasonable access to services where they can get all the papers and supports they need to get a fair shake?

Still reading the thread...
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Cain

Uh, the Federal Gov enforces tons of existing laws.

Just cuz you don't like them doesn't make them law...and besides, most of the conservative, anti-immigrant type tend to have a more, uh, Confederate view of how government should work, at least when it's not actively dropping bombs on brown people and listening to their calls.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 11:55:28 AM
Maricopa county Sheriff Joe Arpaio has a message to the people who intend to protest the controversial Arizona immigration law tomorrow: "I'm ready for it."

"I hear a rumor they want to block my jails. So if they want to block the jails they can have a little trip in the jails," Arpaio told me on "GMA." "So we are not going to put up with any civil disobedience just because they want to show, give a message through the media about this situation that is occurring here in Arizona."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2010/07/az-sheriff-to-protesters-if-you-block-the-jail-youll-end-up-in-the-jail.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARIZONA!

Governor Meacham, come home!  All is forgiven!  :lulz:
Molon Lube

Jenne

NR, I'm PRO giving everyone health care and education...that's the foundation of my argument.  I wouldn't want deportation en masse because someone was seeking government help.  I think that's ass.  If you're contributing to the welfare of our government, they shouldn't be slapping your ass into jail or back across the border for it.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2010, 04:37:11 PM
Maricopa county Sheriff Joe Arpaio has a message to the people who intend to protest the controversial Arizona immigration law tomorrow: "I'm ready for it."

"I hear a rumor they want to block my jails. So if they want to block the jails they can have a little trip in the jails," Arpaio told me on "GMA." "So we are not going to put up with any civil disobedience just because they want to show, give a message through the media about this situation that is occurring here in Arizona."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2010/07/az-sheriff-to-protesters-if-you-block-the-jail-youll-end-up-in-the-jail.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARIZONA!

I want Micheal Moore to do a documentary in Arizona.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 04:40:30 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARIZONA!

He can't survive at this altitude.

Also, Sheriff Joe will be our next governor.  169% Guaranteed.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2010, 04:43:17 PM
Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 04:40:30 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ARIZONA!

He can't survive at this altitude.

Also, Sheriff Joe will be our next governor.  169% Guaranteed.

Horrormirth right there.

Jenne

Someone did a documentary on Sheriff Joe's prisons, though...it was that movie about American Drug War: The Last White Hope...

Adios

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2010, 04:47:06 PM
Someone did a documentary on Sheriff Joe's prisons, though...it was that movie about American Drug War: The Last White Hope...

It was a complimentary story though.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2010, 03:22:27 PM
The thing is, this deportation thing, it's been TRIED BEFORE.  Over and over.  By the Feds, even.  And guess what?

IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK.

Because we KNOW, from top-down, that this is not the way to flourish.  The knee-jerk reaction passes eventually, and immigrants flood in. 

BY THE BYE:  where's all the outrage at people overstaying their fucking visas?  Hm?

Anyone ever look at the figures there?  How many people come here as a "student" or on a temp work visa?  And set up families?

But ohoho!  Those folks aren't Latino!  (actually, some might be from Spain, perhaps Portugal...)  They are the rich, the White, the Yurpeen.  Or the Indian.  Or the Pakistani.  Or the Taiwanese.  ...but I digress.

They're NOT profilable, so they get, shall we say?...folded into the masses.

But where is the hysteria there?  Because I tell you what--you want to talk about endangered jobs?  THOSE are the folks takin' them.  They're middle class, they're probably  more educated than you, and guess what?  They're willing to work harder and longer because they know it's harder to start again and elsewhere if they don't.

...but again, perhaps I'm talkin' to myself here.

Well, that's because it's about racism, Jenne.  This is the exact sort of psychology used on poor White Southerners before and during the civil war.  "Your life may be shit, but at least you aren't on the bottom.  Do you want to be on the bottom?  No?  Then support us."
Molon Lube

Cain

Michael Moore is a douchebag.

I'd rather Adam Curtis did a documentary, because not only would it be visually amazing, he'd research the shit out of it and go down all sorts of weird and wonderful avenues and probably end up proving Arizona is in fact legally Mexican and all Americans should be expelled, or something equally bizarre.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2010, 04:49:38 PM
Michael Moore is a douchebag.

I'd rather Adam Curtis did a documentary, because not only would it be visually amazing, he'd research the shit out of it and go down all sorts of weird and wonderful avenues and probably end up proving Arizona is in fact legally Mexican and all Americans should be expelled, or something equally bizarre.