News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hover Cat on September 03, 2010, 05:12:21 AM
:argh!: Freaking Arizona.

:lulz: I just told my mom about this, and she told me no one needs to know about that stuff.

Was she serious? 
Molon Lube

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 03, 2010, 05:24:04 AM

:lulz: I just told my mom about this, and she told me no one needs to know about that stuff.

Was she serious? 
Dead serious. She was upset by it and didn't want to know.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Freeky

Quote from: Hover Cat on September 03, 2010, 05:28:18 AM

Was she serious? 
:kingmeh:

Kinda makes me want to find a forum full of people like that and just start posting all the news articles like this.

Nast

Just because we have rules against cruel and unusual punishment, doesn't keep us from locking people in cages until they burn up in the sun.

And you know, that whole torture thing on the side.

America is always acting as if they it's looking down from some cloud on all the other nasty brutish countries, but it all it needs to do is look at itself and see the same ugly things happening.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

LMNO

Well, lookie here...

Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe

QuotePHOENIX — The Justice Department sued the nation's self-proclaimed "toughest sheriff" on Thursday, calling Joe Arpaio's defiance of an investigation into his office's alleged discrimination against Hispanics "unprecedented."

It's the first time in decades a lawman has refused to cooperate in one of the agency's probes, the department said.

The Arizona sheriff had been given until Aug. 17 to hand over documents the federal government first asked for 15 months ago, when it started investigating alleged discrimination, unconstitutional searches and seizures, and jail policies that discriminate against people with limited English skills.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on September 03, 2010, 01:50:11 PM
Well, lookie here...

Feds sue Arizona sheriff in civil rights probe

QuotePHOENIX — The Justice Department sued the nation's self-proclaimed "toughest sheriff" on Thursday, calling Joe Arpaio's defiance of an investigation into his office's alleged discrimination against Hispanics "unprecedented."

It's the first time in decades a lawman has refused to cooperate in one of the agency's probes, the department said.

The Arizona sheriff had been given until Aug. 17 to hand over documents the federal government first asked for 15 months ago, when it started investigating alleged discrimination, unconstitutional searches and seizures, and jail policies that discriminate against people with limited English skills.

FINALLY! I want to see that bastard BURN. Figuratively if that's all I'm getting, but literally would be nice too. I hate what he and Brewer are making AZ look like.

Juana

Fuck yes. That's good and I hope he gets the book catapulted at his face.

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 03, 2010, 07:10:46 AM

Was she serious? 
:kingmeh:

Kinda makes me want to find a forum full of people like that and just start posting all the news articles like this.
I live with those people. :lol: It's not nearly as much fun as you might hope. They block it out and keep going in their pretty little trouble-free world.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Was she serious? 

This is the way we run the trains, run the trains, run the trains,
This is the way we run the trains, and all of them are on time!1

1 But nobody wants to know where they go.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

QuoteNo charges in Ariz. inmate's death in cage
Associated Press

Posted on September 1, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Updated today at 4:01 AM

PHOENIX (AP) — There will be no criminal charges following the heat-related death of an Arizona inmate who collapsed in an outdoor cage last year.

Bill Fitzgerald, a spokesman for the Maricopa County1 Attorney's Office, said Wednesday that there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute the case.

Fitzgerald says the Department of Corrections had recommended charges against seven officials.

Inmate Marcia Powell died in May 2009 after she was left for nearly four hours in an unshaded outdoor cage. An autopsy report showed she had first- and second-degree burns and a core body temperature of 108 degrees.

Administrators fired, suspended or otherwise disciplined 16 corrections employees over Powell's death.

those inmates were obviously vampires

Thurnez Isa

So they kill an inmate by leaving her in a cage outside and the administrators get "fired, suspended or otherwise disciplined?"
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Juana

Ain't is a beautiful country?

And where's that from, Dok? I did a search and nothing turned up.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hover Cat on September 03, 2010, 11:49:40 PM

Where's what from?
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 04, 2010, 08:45:34 PM

Where's what from?

"The trains all run on time." You're always saying it. Come o think of it, I don't get it either.

Juana

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 04, 2010, 08:53:48 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 04, 2010, 08:45:34 PM

Where's what from?

"The trains all run on time." You're always saying it. Come o think of it, I don't get it either.
Yeah, the trains. Sorry I wasn't clear enough. :)