Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky

Doktor Howl

On a lighter note:

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/09/05/brewer-admits-wrong/

QuoteMonths after initially making the claim that undocumented immigrants were beheading people in the Arizona desert, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer (R) has finally admitted that she was wrong. Brewer first raised the spectre of beheadings on June 16 during an interview  with Greta Van Susteren on Fox News, when she said: "We cannot afford all this illegal immigration and everything that comes with it, everything from the crime and to the drugs and the kidnappings and the extortion and the beheadings and the fact that people can't feel safe in their community." She doubled down when questioned  on the claim by an Arizona reporter two weeks later. Brewer said, "Our law enforcement agencies have found bodies in the desert, either buried or just lying out there, that have been beheaded."
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 06, 2010, 04:59:28 PM
On a lighter note:

QuoteMonths after initially making the claim that undocumented immigrants were beheading people in the Arizona desert, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer (R) has finally admitted that she was wrong. Brewer first raised the spectre of beheadings on June 16 during an interview  with Greta Van Susteren on Fox News, when she said: "We cannot afford all this illegal immigration and everything that comes with it, everything from the crime and to the drugs and the kidnappings and the extortion and the beheadings and the fact that people can't feel safe in their community." She doubled down when questioned  on the claim by an Arizona reporter two weeks later. Brewer said, "Our law enforcement agencies have found bodies in the desert, either buried or just lying out there, that have been beheaded."

Uhhh. What? I hadn't heard this. :horrormirth:

Adios

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 06, 2010, 05:02:47 PM
On a lighter note:

Are you serious? Hell I thought everybody had heard about that.

Freeky

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 06, 2010, 05:26:05 PM
On a lighter note:

I don't follow the news. I figure if it's lulzy enough, I'll hear it from Dok.

Adios

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 06, 2010, 05:30:55 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on September 06, 2010, 05:26:05 PM
On a lighter note:

I don't follow the news. I figure if it's lulzy enough, I'll hear it from Dok.

:lulz:

TFYS, silly.

Doktor Howl

While I agree in principle, how is following the news TFYS?
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 06, 2010, 05:47:45 PM

I only put it there because she said she relied on you for news. As much as I like and respect you, I'm still going to want to know and research for myself. Also I like and respect Miss Freeky, no offense intended!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 06, 2010, 05:52:26 PM

I only put it there because she said she relied on you for news. As much as I like and respect you, I'm still going to want to know and research for myself. Also I like and respect Miss Freeky, no offense intended!

If I thought Freeky was looking to me for her opinion on the news, I'd walk away until she got better. 

Waiting to hear the funny gleaned out of the news is something else entirely.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 06, 2010, 05:53:44 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on September 06, 2010, 05:52:26 PM

If I thought Freeky was looking to me for her opinion on the news, I'd walk away until she got better. 

Waiting to hear the funny gleaned out of the news is something else entirely.

:lulz:

Point made.

Cramulus

Dok is a way better source for news than most of the local papers.

Cain too.

Nassim Nicholas Taleb thinks you should only get your news from your friends. That way, it's prefiltered for relevance, you're not absorbing too much of the newsmedia's agenda and bias.

Freeky

Quote from: Cramulus on September 07, 2010, 03:10:21 PM
Dok is a way better source for news than most of the local papers.

Cain too.

Nassim Nicholas Taleb thinks you should only get your news from your friends. That way, it's prefiltered for relevance, you're not absorbing too much of the newsmedia's agenda and bias.

That makes a whole bunch of sense.

LMNO

Adios

I'm weird. I enjoy sifting through a mountain of silt just to find a gold nugget or two.