News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 20, 2010, 10:27:00 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2010, 10:25:16 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 20, 2010, 10:24:17 PM
Um, is this where, to make a difference, normal citizens make their own group to oppose this vigilante group? Cuz thats what it about feels like.

No, that would be criminal.

Well, obviously. But so was the American revolution.

No, that was motherhood and apple pie.  Sheriff Joe is just doing the same thing, only with smudgy people.  If you oppose him, you hate America, motherhood, apple pie, and puppies.

Stop hating on the puppies, Freeky.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Um, is this where, to make a difference, normal citizens make their own group to oppose this vigilante group? Cuz thats what it about feels like.

Why do you hate America?

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2010, 10:33:11 PM

No, that was motherhood and apple pie.  Sheriff Joe is just doing the same thing, only with smudgy people.  If you oppose him, you hate America, motherhood, apple pie, and puppies.

So what you're telling me is "Yes, the only thing that can stop Sherriff Joe now is for people to shoot him in the fucking face until he dies."

:( Who's got the balls and the stomach for that in this day and age?

tyrannosaurus vex

I don't know, but I do feel a whole lot safer with bands of armed vigilantes roaming the streets looking for people who aren't American™ enough.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 20, 2010, 10:37:43 PM

So what you're telling me is "Yes, the only thing that can stop Sherriff Joe now is for people to shoot him in the fucking face until he dies."

I don't want to stop him.  I want America to get every single thing it's demanded.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2010, 10:41:42 PM

I don't want to stop him.  I want America to get every single thing it's demanded.

I want to stop him (and I really do wish I had the balls to do it myself) because... Because...

BECAUSE UNFAIRNESS AND MOTHERHOOD AND APPLE FUCKING PIE.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 20, 2010, 10:43:53 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 20, 2010, 10:41:42 PM

I want to stop him (and I really do wish I had the balls to do it myself) because... Because...

BECAUSE UNFAIRNESS AND MOTHERHOOD AND APPLE FUCKING PIE.

America™ is obsessed with the idea of handing over the rule of law and their liberties for safety from something that doesn't exist.

I would rather they were unable to purchase safety at any price, and either go mad (ie, become Americans again, instead of Americans™), or just give up and admit they're a pack of pussies.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 20, 2010, 10:48:12 PM
<------ Going mad.

I'd elaborate, but I've retired from ranting.  Besides, you get the idea.
Molon Lube

Iason Ouabache

Oh, Arizona. Your xenophobia never ceases to amaze me.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/11/15/mosque-church-whoopsidoodles/

QuoteIn an era saturated with absurd moments of anti-Muslim fear-mongering, mosques have become a touchstone for Islamophobia. Even unbuilt mosques have set off a wave of anti-Muslim sentiment in Tennessee, Texas, California, and most notably, New York. Not to be outdone, the people of Pheonix, AZ were quick to call foul over the appearance of a dome-like structure along an interstate. But in the clamor over the impending Muslim takeover, these Arizonans missed one small detail — the building is not a Mosque, it's a church:

QuoteA new dome-like structure near 19th Avenue along Interstate 10 in Phoenix is the Light of the World church, a nondenominational Christian church hoping to modernize traditional worship services, a church spokesman said

Since the distinctive dome shape went up, church leaders said they have received phone calls from concerned neighbors who've mistaken the building for an Islamic mosque.

On Wednesday, church officials hung a sign reminding people they're Christian congregation. "We're trying to let people know that we're Christian and our churches are modern," said Uzieo Martinez.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

You know, Russian Orthodox Churches have domes, and could be mistaken for a mosque (by idiots).

Maybe Russian Orthodox Christianity is really a covert form of Islam?  This would mean America has been at war with Islam since 1917 and the
ongoing conflict is just really an extension of the Cold War. 

Oh man, this needs to be passed onto Alex Jones.  Or Joel Skousen.

Freeky

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 16, 2010, 11:08:33 AM
Oh, Arizona. Your xenophobia never ceases to amaze me.

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/11/15/mosque-church-whoopsidoodles/

QuoteIn an era saturated with absurd moments of anti-Muslim fear-mongering, mosques have become a touchstone for Islamophobia. Even unbuilt mosques have set off a wave of anti-Muslim sentiment in Tennessee, Texas, California, and most notably, New York. Not to be outdone, the people of Pheonix, AZ were quick to call foul over the appearance of a dome-like structure along an interstate. But in the clamor over the impending Muslim takeover, these Arizonans missed one small detail — the building is not a Mosque, it's a church:

QuoteA new dome-like structure near 19th Avenue along Interstate 10 in Phoenix is the Light of the World church, a nondenominational Christian church hoping to modernize traditional worship services, a church spokesman said

Since the distinctive dome shape went up, church leaders said they have received phone calls from concerned neighbors who've mistaken the building for an Islamic mosque.

On Wednesday, church officials hung a sign reminding people they're Christian congregation. "We're trying to let people know that we're Christian and our churches are modern," said Uzieo Martinez.

Fucking Phoenicians. :lulz:

Juana

HULK WANT SMASH BORDER CROSSERS!
"Hulk" actor joins Arizona sheriff's posse
Quote(Reuters) - Television 'Hulk' actor Lou Ferrigno has joined an Arizona sheriff's posse targeting illegal immigrants in the Phoenix valley area, the sheriff's office said on Wednesday.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Ferrigno, 59, a body builder who donned green makeup to star in the popular 1970s television series 'The Incredible Hulk,' was among 56 people sworn in as volunteers for an armed immigration posse.

Arpaio said the posse would work with sheriff's deputies in operations targeting smugglers and businesses suspected of employing illegal immigrants in the county, among other duties.

Arizona passed a tough law earlier this year requiring police to determine the immigration status of people they suspected were in the country illegally. Key parts were stayed by a U.S. federal judge before it came into effect in late July.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

tyrannosaurus vex

He's mad because their accent is still more intelligible than his lisp.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain