News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Hacks, Kludges & Other Such Tomfoolery

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 26, 2010, 02:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

ITT: We appreciate technological creativity.

Elder Iptuous

hadn't been to thereifixedit in a while....
this vid on their front page is freakin genius!

http://www.viddler.com/player/8e41449e/

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Rumckle

I made this guitar stand after seeing a similar one on ThereIFixedIt.com

It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Jasper

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 25, 2010, 10:49:09 PM
Waterproof ebook reader.

Quotehttp://www.markwheadon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/02a_1468-copy1.png

I've done that before.

Protip:  Check your bag.  :lulz:

Mine actually survived it pretty well.  It was the casual dropping and crushing damage that I inflict on all my belongings that killed it.

Requia ☣

Same here, I'm trying to be more careful with my second one.  Though the touchscreen seems a bit more durable in general than the non touchscreens thanks to the scratchproofing, so hopefully that will help too.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

I also once broke my ereader with an errant elbow rest.

Next e-reader I get is going to be non-touchscreen, and have a homemade lexan box around it, or something suitably drastic.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Vladimir Poopin on May 18, 2010, 11:06:36 PM

I love this one. It would be awesome if they used that as an entry hallway to an underground comic shop or bar or something. Enter at the rear emergency exit, with steps at the front door of the bus leading down to the basement establishment.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Jasper

When I saw that just now, my face lit up like an amazed child's first seeing a space rocket take off.