News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Hacks, Kludges & Other Such Tomfoolery

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 26, 2010, 02:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

This is going to go one of two ways - Very well or very badly.

Too early to call. Care to elaborate at all new guy?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

JBookup

Faust

Hrm, ok. So any hints as to what that data is, is it a string, is it a url?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

JBookup

I have no clue what it is. My friend advises me its a string. Its only based on the alphabet. I know very little about things. I am simply just good at math and complex patterns.

Junkenstein

Quote from: JBookup on February 11, 2014, 03:26:44 PM
More? Or did you miss my second post?

No, but thanks for pushing me towards "Badly".
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

JBookup

Lol why must it go badly? That was a sincere response to your post.

Faust

Quote from: JBookup on February 11, 2014, 03:47:34 PM
Lol why must it go badly? That was a sincere response to your post.

It's going fine. I'll take a crack of your encrypted string and see if I can get anything out of it or until I get bored and give up.

JBookup

Thank you, any and all effort is appreciated.

Faust

Quote from: JBookup on February 11, 2014, 04:01:59 PM
Thank you, any and all effort is appreciated.
Well I can certainly set something to try and brute force it making some assumptions so it doesn't run forever.

JBookup

I have no idea what any of that meant. But I'm almost positive that no program can crack it.

Junkenstein

It's statements like that which make me think you have no idea what you're talking about.

Faust, if I'm being a bit of a prick here please feel free to give me a slap and tell me there's something of value going on.

JBookup

Lol. You are correct I do not know what I speak of. And never claimed that I do know. But I do know I created a process for encrypting the letters a-z and am just curious to see if anyone can figure it out. I highly doubt a program could do it because although it is a process it is a somewhat improvised process, such improvisions that computers are incapable of mimicking.

Junkenstein

You've heard of the NSA and similar such entities, yes?

And your process is unbreakable by them?

No. Tip - Introducing random human actions does not make a code impossible to break. If you've got an interest in this kind of thing I'd suggest looking at one time pads which to my knowledge are still the most secure method devised, provided each pad is only used once. Nothing is totally secure or infallible. Nothing.

Credit where due, you've not been totally stupid or racist so you're doing better than most. Nice to have you here, don't shit on the rug or fuck the family dog.

Faust

You are being mean Junkenstein, he created an encryption algorithm and all he wants is for someone to test the result, If it's a good encryption method it will be hard to break.
This mightn't be the thread for it certainly but give him a chance to look around first, the 50 post guideline is there for a reason.

Jbookup, I'm going to try a brute force program that tries various word letter combinations to see if they fit, that's what a brute force attack is.

Junkenstein

Ah apologies. Shitty day bleeding over somewhat.

New guy, have a look around AI, particularly the Prism and bitcoin threads. You may need to get a handle quite a few things before touting an unbreakable encryption algorithm. Though if that is indeed what this is then I'll shut up and you can take all of my money.