News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

My punk rock deed of the day

Started by h-town, April 26, 2010, 03:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeTom

It would have been more punk rock to nail her in a dirty bathroom.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

AFK

1991:  The Year Punk Broke
2010:  The Year Punk Broke Its Hip
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Freeky

Quote from: h-town on April 26, 2010, 05:17:45 PM
Quote from: LMNO on April 26, 2010, 05:15:06 PM
Quote from: h-town on April 26, 2010, 05:06:04 PM
Quote from: LMNO on April 26, 2010, 04:48:14 PM
Why would him acting like an asshole blow her mind?

My prude meter is flying off the chart.

I'm not sure you know how funny that is.

Anyway, girl tries to bum a cig off you, which you go along with.  Girl continues to flirt re: hat, which you also go along with.  Girl more or less gives off every indication that she'll fuck you if you sing with her.  You counter by referencing a DC hardcore band from thirty years ago that only a handful of bitter aging punks still remember.  Then, instead of educating her when she doesn't know what you're talking about, you tell her to fuck off.

While that is extremely punk of you, it's still kind of an asshole move.

Agreed  :evil:

So.... You're proud you didn't get laid? :?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 27, 2010, 02:22:26 AM
I wish Darwin could be here to help me write a book on why punks are going extinct.

Punks:  The new Shakers.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PopeTom on April 27, 2010, 02:44:18 AM
It would have been more punk rock to nail her in a dirty bathroom.

THIS
THREAD
IS
OVER.
Molon Lube

h-town

Quote from: Professor Freeky on April 27, 2010, 03:01:22 AM

I was already hanging out with two pretty girls and a buddy of mine, and I am interested in one of them. Something tells me that if I went for the skeeziest girl in the bar in front of her it most likely would not put me in her good books. Mrs Bad Brains was all over the place that night; pissing off the staff, breaking glasses, shouting when people were singing and asking around for drugs from strangers. Just being a nuisance and I wasn't the only one annoyed with her.

I also want to add to the record that I am not a punk. I don't wear the same studded uk subs leather jacket everyday. One punk rock deed does not a punk rocker make.. I'm not sure what lifestyle genre I fit into, aging skater maybe? Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Iptuous on April 26, 2010, 05:29:45 PM
Quote from: h-town on April 26, 2010, 05:06:04 PM
Quote from: LMNO on April 26, 2010, 04:48:14 PM
Why would him acting like an asshole blow her mind?

My prude meter is flying off the chart.

:lulz:
awesome.

This also made me laugh loudly

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have to say in h-town's defense, that unsolicited, unexpected physical contact is really not fucking OK and it sounds like he dealt really politely with her trespasses, even more politely than I dealt with Mr. Earfinger, right up to the end.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Yeah that.

I don't see if it's an asshole move.

I mean, yeah if the girl had been really nice. But she wasn't. She was pushy and obnoxious, that much was clear from the OP, I didn't need his clarification three posts back, but it does confirm it was not an asshole move.

I mean, not saying it's the only way to respond to a pushy girl that is all over everybody in a bar, in fact it's not even the nicest way to subtly push her off. But it is adequate, and polite enough for the circumstances. Additionally if you're into one of the two girls that you're hanging out with, and they're watching, such firm and decisive yet funny action might even be required :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

the last yatto

so did you stand up suddenly while singing that quick lyric
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Richter

I just read the title of this as "Punk Rock Deed of the Dead."

Mental image is a zombie punk LMNO yakking brains onto a banker.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

Doktor Howl

Quote from: h-town on April 27, 2010, 06:42:09 AM
Quote from: Professor Freeky on April 27, 2010, 03:01:22 AM

I was already hanging out with two pretty girls and a buddy of mine, and I am interested in one of them. Something tells me that if I went for the skeeziest girl in the bar in front of her it most likely would not put me in her good books. Mrs Bad Brains was all over the place that night; pissing off the staff, breaking glasses, shouting when people were singing and asking around for drugs from strangers. Just being a nuisance and I wasn't the only one annoyed with her.

I also want to add to the record that I am not a punk. I don't wear the same studded uk subs leather jacket everyday. One punk rock deed does not a punk rocker make.. I'm not sure what lifestyle genre I fit into, aging skater maybe? Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

I can see that.

But you fell short of the wall.  Just saying.
Molon Lube

PopeTom

Mrs Bad Brains was all over the place that night; pissing off the staff, breaking glasses, shouting when people were singing and asking around for drugs from strangers. Just being a nuisance and I wasn't the only one annoyed with her.

So your punk rock deed of the day was to tell off the only person in the bar acting at all like a punk?
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

hooplala

Quote from: PopeTom on April 27, 2010, 10:24:40 PM
Mrs Bad Brains was all over the place that night; pissing off the staff, breaking glasses, shouting when people were singing and asking around for drugs from strangers. Just being a nuisance and I wasn't the only one annoyed with her.

So your punk rock deed of the day was to tell off the only person in the bar acting at all like a punk?

:lol:
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman