News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Regarding The Chief

Started by Chief Uwachiquen, April 27, 2010, 11:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Uwachiquen

Hello, folks. It's been a long ass time and a couple of you have PM'd me 'cause you've prolly seen me down at the bottom as signed in. Work's been ridiculous and been pissing me off. The other thing was having a roommate that wasn't paying rent but I somehow managed to keep the place afloat. While I realize that that sort of environment was ripe for being very angry, but it didn't really feel constructive.

Work is still pissing me off; been there almost an entire year and they still haven't given me my three month review OR my raise I was supposed to get. I've at least been getting decent hours; they'd been screwing me around for quite some time. They FINALLY bumped me up to full time. Unfortunately it's the shittiest shift they have, of course this GUARANTEES me hours 'cause no one else wants to fuckin' work them. Aw well.

Anyway, I'm posting this to let y'all know that I'mma try and check in and contribute again. Missed y'all crazy bastards.

@ LMNO: Sorry 'bout not comin' through on that thing I said I was gonna write on the guitar. I just couldn't get my head in it.

Reginald Ret

Good luck with all that shit.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Chief Uwachiquen

Well, I actually picked up a new roommate a few days ago.  :lulz: I talked to my original roommate and he was like, "Dude, no offense to you. But I would've done it a lot sooner."  :lulz:

First thing I need to do with the money I won't have to spend on his half of rent is get a phone, then save for a car. Walking three miles every day is, while healthy, kind of a pain in the ass.

the last yatto

uh my car is like a rent payment as it is,
nice moped could probally be bought with cash.
id try renting one, most cities have a place.

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on April 27, 2010, 11:32:00 AM
First thing I need to do with the money I won't have to spend on his half of rent is get a phone, then save for a car. Walking three miles every day is, while healthy, kind of a pain in the ass.

Three miles = GET A BIKE

some of my highschool classmates rode 3x that distance every morning to school during winter and rain ...

doesn't get you tired like walking does, and still a lot cheaper than a car.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Chief Uwachiquen

So. I'm gonna sound really dumb here but...I never actually LEARNED how to ride a bike. Is it -hard-? Plus I kind of want a car or a moped to get around and out of the town every once in a while. Especially to visit my parents, they're about a half an hour drive away. Plus it's easier to transport groceries and anything else in a vehicle. Although, if I learned how to ride a bike...

I mean, when I was a kid I learned how to rollerblade. I gave up on biking 'cause I kept falling over and busting myself up.  :argh!: Maybe I was just retarded.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Triple Zero

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on April 27, 2010, 01:21:00 PM
So. I'm gonna sound really dumb here but...I never actually LEARNED how to ride a bike. Is it -hard-? Plus I kind of want a car or a moped to get around and out of the town every once in a while. Especially to visit my parents, they're about a half an hour drive away. Plus it's easier to transport groceries and anything else in a vehicle. Although, if I learned how to ride a bike...

I mean, when I was a kid I learned how to rollerblade. I gave up on biking 'cause I kept falling over and busting myself up.  :argh!: Maybe I was just retarded.

I have no idea, I learned it when I was very young and forgot how long it took :)

Ask somebody if you can practice on their bike, I don't think it can be that hard to learn, even if you're older.

When in doubt make sure that the seat is at about hip-height (you can loosen a screw and adjust the height of the seat), or that when you sit on the seat, you can comfortably rest more than half of your foot flat on the ground. If you have the right height for the seat, you are invincible on a bike.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Jenne

Sounds like you've had a shitty time of it, Chief U...welcome back.

Jasper

Were your parents ideologically opposed to bicycles?  I thought everyone learned that.

You should probably learn.  It's a pretty worthwhile skill.  You can learn in a solid hour of practice, too.

Just wear a helmet, because it will save your life.

Triple Zero

I never wore a helmet on a bicycle.

Nast

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on April 27, 2010, 01:21:00 PM

I'm a late bike learner too, but the mood struck me and I decided to learn a few months ago. Took me about three days to get the knack of it. Find yourself an empty parking lot and at first practice moving just in a straight line. When you get better, you can try going around in loops. It's not the hardest thing in the world, but it takes some tenacity; in the beginning you'll fall off a lot.

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."