News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

I've gone off the geek end...

Started by Dimocritus, April 27, 2010, 06:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

:lulz:

Holy shit, people still play that game? I used to play it when I was a kid. Sold my decks though  :|

Dimocritus

Quote from: Vladimir Poopin on April 29, 2010, 02:17:38 AM
:lulz:

Holy shit, people still play that game? I used to play it when I was a kid. Sold my decks though  :|

Yep, it's still played, and IMO, the past ten plus years of refining the rules has made it a much better game. Hope you didn't sell off anything that is now insanely valuable.

Quote from: Iptuous on April 29, 2010, 12:31:55 AM
Quote from: dimo on April 28, 2010, 04:03:08 PM
As far as MTG goes, I'm really digging it. I play on-line as well, which is cool, but I'm always looking for new opponents. That game gives me a rush for some reason, I'm addicted I think.
And I was wondering, actually, do you suppose people could play MTG over something like skype?

I'd like to play a game of magic. that'd be sweet!
couldn't we just point our cams down at our play area, and it'd be like having one table between us?

That's more or less what I was thinking. I haven't actually ever used skype before, TBH, so I'd have to tool around on it a bit to figure it out first. I got finals for the next two weeks, so I'll be a little pressed for time (gotta make up for the procrastination), but I would definetly like to give it a shot. Hope you're running something good :wink:

Quote from: Cramulus on April 28, 2010, 05:06:29 PM
1 DM + 1 Player can be fun, but you'll be missing out on all the teamwork and strategy that comes with being in a party. I you like the competitive flavor of Magic, I think you'll like the tactical flavor of D&D. IMO 4th edition pulls this off a bit better, although 3rd edition is great for all the ways you can powergame and break the system.

Yeah. He's been putting a fair amount of time into some NPC's for me. I picked up my first party member the other night and it's looking pretty good (we fucked up an owl bear with twice the reccomended CR for either of us. T'was exhilirating. We were able to just barely take it down because of my "inspire courage." song), so I think I'll get a fair amount of the teamwork and strategy. And, TBH, being the only PC gives the DM a chance to teach me the game more hands on, without having to stop everybody every round so that dimo can be 'splained something.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"