News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Oklahoma thinks it's OK to withhold information from pregnant women

Started by AFK, April 28, 2010, 02:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/28/us/28abortion.html?emc=eta1

So Oklahoma has passed two bills clearly aimed against abortion. 

QuoteThe Oklahoma Legislature voted Tuesday to override the governor's vetoes of two abortion measures, one of which requires women to undergo an ultrasound and listen to a detailed description of the fetus before getting an abortion.

Though other states have passed similar measures requiring women to have ultrasounds, Oklahoma's law goes further, mandating that a doctor or technician set up the monitor so the woman can see it and describe the heart, limbs and organs of the fetus. No exceptions are made for rape and incest victims.

One mandates that the pregnant women have an ultrasound before having an abortion.  Oh, and they are pretty much forced to see the ultrasound and listen to the doctor put the big ol guilt trip on them.  Basically, it's about shaming them out of the abortion.  But if you thought that one was a winner, here is #2. 

The second bill shields doctors from lawsuits when they withhold details about birth defects from a pregnant woman. Yep, a doctor can decide to not tell a pregnant woman her baby has birth defects and the law will protect him/her. 

QuoteA second measure passed into law on Tuesday prevents women who have had a disabled baby from suing a doctor for withholding information about birth defects while the child was in the womb.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Elder Iptuous

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iason Ouabache

Kinda old news, but yeah OK sucks. First bill is obviously stupid and might not be constitutional since it requires invasive ultrasounds in some instances. Second bill is very immoral and any doctor that didn't inform a patient that their fetus has a defect should have their license revoked for malpractice. Then they should be kicked in the balls. Then put into a rocket and shot into the sun.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on April 28, 2010, 06:48:09 AM
Kinda old news, but yeah OK sucks.

i went up to OK City a few months ago for a trainer install at Tinker afb.
the radio up there is amazing.
theres about 59% country, 40% christian, and one rock station that sucks....
and i forgot to bring my CDs  :x
and i have to go back there in a month, too.  no way in hell am i going to forget to bring music this time!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can just imagine, in ten years, "Why is God punishing us by giving us the highest rate of birth defects in the country?  :x"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 28, 2010, 05:44:12 PM
I can just imagine, in ten years, "Why is God punishing us by giving us the highest rate of birth defects in the country?  :x"

Because Abortion is still legal.  :lulz:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 28, 2010, 05:45:44 PM

Or maybe because of women dressing immodestly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 28, 2010, 06:51:29 PM

Nahh, it's that homosexuals don't receive the death penalty.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kai on April 28, 2010, 07:54:18 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 28, 2010, 06:51:29 PM

Nahh, it's that homosexuals don't receive the death penalty.

DEFF PANELS.

Dok,
Thinks that would be an awesome name for a band.
Molon Lube

Sir Squid Diddimus

OUTRAGE!

So you know, when you're in your first trimester, say two weeks in, the zygote won't show on a conventional ultrasound, so you're forced to have the vaginal probe. The doctor is FORCED to PROBE you.

What next, are they gonna take away a woman's right to vote?

maphdet

Quote"The goal of this legislation is just to make a statement for the sanctity of human life," State Senator Todd Lamb, the majority floor leader, said in an interview after the vote. "Maybe someday these babies will grow up to be police officers and arrest bad people, or will find a cure for cancer."

Yeah-or maybe they will grow up in a household that did not want to have a child, therefore bringing upon the child a possible neglect, which in turn may result in the child growing up and becoming one of the "bad people" that "police officers" will have to arrest.

Sheesh---these freaking people make me sick-leave it alone already, I wish they would.
And it seems to be (in politics) mostly republicans that oppose abortion. Which makes me think that they (republicans) are more about their religion than being concerned with the country's improvement, progress and well being.

:roll:

Oh and if I were a woman living there-I would get the fuck out as quickly as I could find the means to!
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-