News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

So, here's what imma gonna do...

Started by Dimocritus, July 28, 2010, 04:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

"Buy the worst beer this place has to offer and pour it on the drummer's head."
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 05, 2010, 05:24:22 PM

Hrmm...

How 'bout: "Switch the drummers beer with a can of piss."

God, that's awful.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cuddlefish on August 05, 2010, 05:40:20 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 05, 2010, 05:24:22 PM

Hrmm...

How 'bout: "Switch the drummers beer with a can of piss."

God, that's awful.

That could lead to an interesting situation if the guy next to him had "Prevent nearest envelope holder's action AT ALL COSTS"
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Perhaps I'm biased here, but my opinion of most hardcore bands is that the rest of the band can play as shittily as they want to, but if the drummer fucks up, the entire song fails instantly.  Maybe you should just leave him alone.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 05, 2010, 06:50:05 PM
Perhaps I'm biased here, but my opinion of most hardcore bands is that the rest of the band can play as shittily as they want to, but if the drummer fucks up, the entire song fails instantly.  Maybe you should just leave him alone.

Ding.

Eater of Clowns

You play many different roles in your various musical endeavors. Which do you enjoy the most?

Dave Grohl: I love being a drummer. Everyone thinks you're dumb. What they don't realize is that if it weren't for you, their band would suck.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Triple Zero

On the one hand, you're absolutely right. For most hardcore/hardcore punk bands I've seen, how much I enjoyed their music was directly proportional to the skill of their drummer.

On the other hand, Dimo's right, it's not fair if he gets off much easier than the rest of the band :-P
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Adios

So have everybody fuck with him between sets.

LMNO

Ah.  I got it.

Buxom women rubbing themselves against his neck and back whilst he plays.

LMNO
-Mind you, this may be a personal fantasy...

Cuddlefish

There is truth to that. But, a complaint that I get from drummers alot is that they aren't able to interact with the crowd. So maybe aggressive isn't the best way to go, but i still feel something should be done to include him in the fun.

LMNO

Pull an Anthrax.  Joey Belladonna would play the drums during "I'm The Man".

You've claimed to have some drumming skills.  A few bars of "Wipeout" could get your guy out front and doing stupid shit.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 05, 2010, 07:55:32 PM
Pull an Anthrax.  Joey Belladonna would play the drums during "I'm The Man".

You've claimed to have some drumming skills.  A few bars of "Wipeout" could get your guy out front and doing stupid shit.

Not a bad idea... Though, we would have to specifically write something for that, as my stamina and speed doesn't match up with any of our existing songs.

LMNO

Make it a half time oi-flavored mosh.  Grind out a bassline, and then steal an old Funkadelic chant, like:
"I FUCK 'EM, JUST TO SEE THE LOOK ON THEIR FACE/FUCKEM JUSTA SEE THE LOOK ON THEIR FACE!"

Repeat for a minute or two, create mayhem and sexual fury, and then stop.

You're welcome.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 05, 2010, 08:05:17 PM
Make it a half time oi-flavored mosh.  Grind out a bassline, and then steal an old Funkadelic chant, like:
"I FUCK 'EM, JUST TO SEE THE LOOK ON THEIR FACE/FUCKEM JUSTA SEE THE LOOK ON THEIR FACE!"

Repeat for a minute or two, create mayhem and sexual fury, and then stop.

You're welcome.

:mittens:

damn, it's been too long since i've been to a concert like this
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.