News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

ITT: Robotic Prosthetics

Started by Jasper, May 03, 2010, 08:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

One or both of your hands are lost, and a medical research foundation is going to build you a neural prosthetic that can accommodate a variety of implements.  You get a set of robot hands for free, but you can design your own attachments for it too.

Me, I'd get a circular saw for the left stump and a pneumatic spike for the right.

What about you?

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I'd get one of these for my right arm and rack of lamb for my left.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Vibrator & Richard Nixon puppet.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Two robot monkey heads that scream like they're being put to a belt sander whenever I move my tendons.

...with opposable thumbs grafted to their foreheads.

Jasper

:lulz: 

And I thought the spike was scary...

Eater of Clowns

-A splitter that allows two arm attachments for each arm socket.
-Four more splitters, allowing eight total attachments.
-A beehive
-A scalpel
-A suction head for a wet/dry vac
-A drain for the wet/dry vac
-Two (2) regular hands
-A flamethrower
-A novelty sized middle finger.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Jasper

Grappling hook launcher and poison dart shooter, anyone?

Faust

A cannister of magicians flash power on one hand and a cattle prod in the other.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I'd just replace each hand with three hands and arm subassemblies (up to the elbow joint). Being able to rotate my wrists 180 degrees could be really handy too.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.