News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

This is stupid...

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, May 03, 2010, 07:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I know I'm a newb, and I should probably lurk moar. But this is stupid. Why do my roommates want me to buy 4 liters of water when I can take my unlimited supply and boil it? And yeah, it's on me because I have today off. (I live in Eastern MA btw, and we have a water emergency)  :argh!:. On the bright side my humanities homework is basically listen to Black Sabbath's paranoid and write about the importance of Heavy Metal. Not so bad after all.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BADGE OF HONOR

Just boil 4 liters of water and tell your roommates to suck it.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jasper

Boil water, strain through muslin cloth to make it look clean, ??, prophet.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on May 03, 2010, 07:55:30 PM
Just boil 4 liters of water and tell your roommates to suck it.

Good point. On the brighter side, I can push for more beer. For hydration purposes naturally.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 03, 2010, 07:57:39 PM

We don't have any cloth for that, but we do have a Britta.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on May 03, 2010, 07:53:08 PM
I know I'm a newb, and I should probably lurk moar. But this is stupid. Why do my roommates want me to buy 4 liters of water when I can take my unlimited supply and boil it? And yeah, it's on me because I have today off. (I live in Eastern MA btw, and we have a water emergency)  :argh!:. On the bright side my humanities homework is basically listen to Black Sabbath's paranoid and write about the importance of Heavy Metal. Not so bad after all.

CAUSE PEOPLE ARE DUMB

The majority of people I saw at the grocery store Saturday night panic-buying carts full of water probably barely ever even drink water. It's simply the fact that they cannot get it that makes them fell that they MUST HAVE IT.

The water LOOKS clean, it's just made a detour through the Charles River between the reservoir and our taps. It looks like perfectly normal water. Smells like normal water. Washes my hair and flushes my toilet like normal water.

BUT IT MIGHT BE DEADLY.

So boil it, then remove panties from twist, then have a beer. That's how I've been rolling.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Jasper

Then yeah, your roomies need to suck it up.  Waterworld is not for non-web-toed pussies.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Tell them to get their own fucking water, and then laugh at them for spending money on water.

Also, why is this such a big deal? This kind of thing happened regularly when I lived in the East Bay, and occasionally here; we just boiled our water. BFD.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on May 03, 2010, 08:00:24 PM

CAUSE PEOPLE ARE DUMB

The majority of people I saw at the grocery store Saturday night panic-buying carts full of water probably barely ever even drink water. It's simply the fact that they cannot get it that makes them fell that they MUST HAVE IT.

The water LOOKS clean, it's just made a detour through the Charles River between the reservoir and our taps. It looks like perfectly normal water. Smells like normal water. Washes my hair and flushes my toilet like normal water.

BUT IT MIGHT BE DEADLY.

So boil it, then remove panties from twist, then have a beer. That's how I've been rolling.

You know how it is. Every time we have a fucking Nor'easter, it's out to Shaws to buy the non-perishibles. Nevermind the fact that Boston occasionally gets shitty inconvenient weather. Dude, throw your milk on the back porch, there's an endless refrigerator outside. I never drink water, unless it's really unbearable outside. The hype is stupid. I put my contacts in yesterday after washing my hands in tap water, and I don't have pink eye yet. I think it's ok. I'm going to make them reimburse me.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 03, 2010, 08:03:02 PM
Tell them to get their own fucking water, and then laugh at them for spending money on water.

Also, why is this such a big deal? This kind of thing happened regularly when I lived in the East Bay, and occasionally here; we just boiled our water. BFD.

Eh, I owe one of my roommates. So I'll do this stupid chore, but expect money back. I agree though.

Doktor Howl

Urine is sterile.

Piss in a jug, and sell it to them for top dollar.

Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 03, 2010, 08:22:36 PM
Urine is sterile.

Piss in a jug, and sell it to them for top dollar.

:mittens:

Jasper

Then turn around and sell it as Ayrurvedic healing medicine when they get sick!  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Sigmatic on May 03, 2010, 08:26:31 PM
Then turn around and sell it as Ayrurvedic healing medicine when they get sick!  :lulz:

That I don't have the cred for, unfortunately. I'm not a hippie and come from Irish stock. My cures consist of Guinness and poitin (when poitin can be had)

BadBeast

Just give them the same water you would drink, if they get ill, then you can boil them. And settle in for an afternoon of the only "Metal"
worth it's wieght in, . . . erm, Metal?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4