News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Sticking Apart

Started by hooplala, May 06, 2010, 04:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Hawk on May 07, 2010, 07:12:19 PM
There is a lot more about PD that is good than bad. None (read; not many) of us are noted for being PC when stating out opinions. Our mantra was and I assume still is be sure to wear asbestos clothing when entering. Isn't each person responsible to not be over sensitive to what someone else says?

Certainly.  I can't tell if you are agreeing with the OP or not, though.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dysfunctional Cunt

I only have a problem with one person here on PD and he drew a fucking dick and balls on my face.  

Otherwise, whileI may have argued here and there with a lot of folks, for the most part it was kept to that particular thread and I hope they've moved on because I certainly am not holding any grudges.  

Well with the one exception.....  

I think we all are in truth, a pretty tight group.  Like a really disfunctional family, we fight amongst ourselves until a common enemy can be found to terminate.  That's why I think we all get along better when we have regular trolling excursions.  We can get our hate on elsewhere and come back here and laugh among ourselves.

:mittens: to the OP!!  169% TROOF!!!

Adios

Quote from: Hoopla on May 07, 2010, 07:32:17 PM
There is a lot more about PD that is good than bad. None (read; not many) of us are noted for being PC when stating out opinions. Our mantra was and I assume still is be sure to wear asbestos clothing when entering. Isn't each person responsible to not be over sensitive to what someone else says?

Only somewhat. I think a combination of the things you said and people getting over being so sensitive is the key.

hooplala

Quote from: Hawk on May 10, 2010, 10:55:10 AM

Only somewhat. I think a combination of the things you said and people getting over being so sensitive is the key.

Is the key to what?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Adios

Quote from: Hoopla on May 10, 2010, 02:13:36 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 10, 2010, 10:55:10 AM

Is the key to what?

Peace on earth.

Adios

Or at least on this board.

hooplala

Ok, I would agree with that.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 06, 2010, 04:35:20 PM
To be honest, sometimes I wish we could split topics to other messageboards.  I predict that if two people from here started arguing with each other on any other forum, everything would quickly implode.

We're like the bleach and ammonia cocktail of the internets.

I really really think LMNO had a good idea here... do you think anyone here would be willing to pick up a big argument and move it to MW or TCC or CoG?  I personally think it would be hilarious.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Hoopla on November 11, 2010, 09:39:52 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 06, 2010, 04:35:20 PM
To be honest, sometimes I wish we could split topics to other messageboards.  I predict that if two people from here started arguing with each other on any other forum, everything would quickly implode.

I really really think LMNO had a good idea here... do you think anyone here would be willing to pick up a big argument and move it to MW or TCC or CoG?  I personally think it would be hilarious.

I will at MW but I'm making progress at TCC and I can't do CoG because I want to hurt small animals after going there and my cats have grounded me from the place!  :lulz:

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 06, 2010, 04:35:20 PM

I still think LMNO had a great idea here, and we should try to remember it the next time a huge blow-up takes place.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on April 03, 2014, 03:50:16 PM

I still think LMNO had a great idea here, and we should try to remember it the next time a huge blow-up takes place.

It IS a good idea.  But not at Facebook or Tumblr.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

Totally agree.  Ideally another forum, I would think.  Does anyone still check the Giraffe boards?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on April 03, 2014, 04:04:13 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 03, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

Totally agree.  Ideally another forum, I would think.  Does anyone still check the Giraffe boards?

Naw.  They actively hound anyone who posts more than you'd expect to see at facebook.  For real, it's fucking psychotic.

I have a couple of other boards in a file on my laptop.  I'll post them tonight.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.