News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

A few thoughts on friendship, arrogance, and assumed superiority.

Started by Doktor Howl, May 11, 2010, 08:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on May 13, 2010, 12:06:51 PM
I encounter so many "I'm better than you" types that it makes me sick.
Seems like every person I meet or am introduced to these days has that "Look at how fucking cool I am and you can never measure up" stance.
I sure as hell don't take it and I call it out immediately.

I often find myself apologizing to my friends for doing so and their response is usually "Naw dude it's cool. You just said what we were all thinking".

One of these days my mouth is gonna get me knocked the fuck out.  :lulz: and I'm kinda ok with it.

Alligator mouth/humingbird ass syndrome ITT.  :lulz:

Payne

Yeah. My barman at the pub I often drink at on tuesdays was acting that way to me the other day.

Great guy, have known him for years (in a barman/ patron kind of way, anyway).

When I walked out last tuesday, that's the last time I'll ever be on his premises.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2010, 11:15:22 PM
Quote from: Jenne on May 11, 2010, 11:12:56 PM
I hate the "too cool for school" attitude.  Drives me batshit insane.  If I wanna be SILLY, and it EMBARRASSES you, then FUCK OFF.  Yes, I've had this problem before.  This is the stance I've learned to take, fortunately.  Just too late for some pain, unfortunately.

Life IS too fucking short to put up with people who are shitty.

This.

YEP YEP!!!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Hawk on May 13, 2010, 02:26:14 PM
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on May 13, 2010, 12:06:51 PM
I encounter so many "I'm better than you" types that it makes me sick.
Seems like every person I meet or am introduced to these days has that "Look at how fucking cool I am and you can never measure up" stance.
I sure as hell don't take it and I call it out immediately.

I often find myself apologizing to my friends for doing so and their response is usually "Naw dude it's cool. You just said what we were all thinking".

One of these days my mouth is gonna get me knocked the fuck out.  :lulz: and I'm kinda ok with it.

Alligator mouth/humingbird ass syndrome ITT.  :lulz:

Not quite a syndrome. I just speak my mind before thinking about consequences. I know it's coming, and I'll probably deserve it.

Brotep

This is gonna sound terrible, and that's probably because it is, but...

I have no problem being friends with stupid people as long as they don't continually say stupid shit. I have an unfortunate tendency to make fun of those who do.

BadBeast

Quote from: Brotep on May 13, 2010, 05:14:49 PM

I have no problem being friends with stupid people as long as they don't continually say stupid shit. I have an unfortunate tendency to make fun of those who do.

Yeah, but there's stupid, and stupid stupid. People who are stupid because they are too lazy to think or bother to learn anything, and people who are stupid because they aren't so bright, but still try to learn stuff. The latter are fine, because they genuinely  try to get their heads around stuff.. The former are usually arsepipes, because they can't be bothered to think like a human, and think that's ok.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Kai

Quote from: BadBeast on May 13, 2010, 05:35:27 PM
Quote from: Brotep on May 13, 2010, 05:14:49 PM

Yeah, but there's stupid, and stupid stupid. People who are stupid because they are too lazy to think or bother to learn anything, and people who are stupid because they aren't so bright, but still try to learn stuff. The latter are fine, because they genuinely  try to get their heads around stuff.. The former are usually arsepipes, because they can't be bothered to think like a human, and think that's ok.

Yes.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Brotep

Exactly. After all, it's not that difficult to do a little research before playing expert on a subject.