News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

あらためまして、始めまして、私の名前はジェイドです。

Started by Abbess Jade, May 06, 2010, 11:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Howl mentioned something about Monty Python.

Also, I think we already scared her away.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Freeky

Template

Hovercraft eels comes from a Monty Python sketch about a Hungarian tourist, where the punchline is that someone has intentionally been publishing very, absurdly incorrect hungarian/english phrasebooks.  To wit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao

Pool on the roof comes from Hackers.

Telarus

We are Dyslexic of Borg! Futility is Resistile! Prepare to be AssLaminated!

Oh, and welcome to the forum Jade.  :lulz:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

BadBeast

Quote from: Telarus on May 09, 2010, 09:46:05 AM
We are Dyslexic of Borg! Futility is Resistile! Prepare to be AssLaminated!

Oh, and welcome to the forum Jade.  :lulz:
And if Telarus needs any help, I shall assfist him.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Placid Dingo

I love the Japanese title, but I didn't recognise the あらためまして < is this a set phrase?

And if i past it in the task bar I can read it, but anywhere else it's little blocks.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Placid Dingo

Ta. Is that any good for Chrome?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Abbess Jade

QuoteI love the Japanese title, but I didn't recognise the あらためまして < is this a set phrase?

And if i past it in the task bar I can read it, but anywhere else it's little blocks.

Aratamemashite, meaning, "To do this formally".

QuoteHowl mentioned something about Monty Python.

Also, I think we already scared her away.

Sorry guys. I'm still a youngin', y'know. 14 days left of school and all. I'll be popping in and out, but when summer advents itself, I shall be all yours! Bwahah!

Kai

Cool. :)

We've been talking here for a while about, while we have people come in from all over, we really don't have any asians. It seems like, with some of the weird stuff that comes out of Japan, a bunch of Japanese would be primed for picking up on Discordianism.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

BadBeast

Quote from: Kai on May 09, 2010, 07:55:33 PM

We've been talking here for a while about, while we have people come in from all over, we really don't have any asians. It seems like, with some of the weird stuff that comes out of Japan, a bunch of Japanese would be primed for picking up on Discordianism.

You've obviously never heard of the super secret shadowy sect of the "Ten Icy Fingers" an Erisian Ninjitsu Assassination Bureau, with  invisible links to MI5, Neo-Thuggee Cultists, and Salvio Invictus, (The Super Elite Special Services of the Salvation Army  )
They are so secret, that only three people know of their existence. Me, you, and one other person unknown. Who we must now expose as Reptilian, then dispatch according to Dread Fu's "Death Ritual of the Turgid Lingam". (Basically, by beating, choking, or otherwise brutalising to death with anything Penis shaped)           
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Telarus

:x

One of the main reasons I will be learning Japanese shortly.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Remington

Quote from: Telarus on May 09, 2010, 08:50:56 PM

It's an interesting language to learn. It's much more internally consistent than English (meaning it almost always follows its grammar/syntax rules, few exceptions). The lack of a common Latin origin makes it more difficult to learn than French or Spanish, though.
Is it plugged in?

BadBeast

Quote from: Remington on May 09, 2010, 08:53:35 PM
Quote from: Telarus on May 09, 2010, 08:50:56 PM

It's an interesting language to learn. It's much more internally consistent than English (meaning it almost always follows its grammar/syntax rules, few exceptions). The lack of a common Latin origin makes it more difficult to learn than French or Spanish, though.

I think I read somewhere that spoken Japanese only has one tense, and depending on where the emphasis is put in the sentence, the same words could mean either,"I have walked the dog" or "I am going to walk the dog" or "I am walking the dog". I'm not sure whether this would make it easier to learn, as a second language, or more confusing though.

Abbess Jade

QuoteI think I read somewhere that spoken Japanese only has one tense, and depending on where the emphasis is put in the sentence, the same words could mean either,"I have walked the dog" or "I am going to walk the dog" or "I am walking the dog". I'm not sure whether this would make it easier to learn, as a second language, or more confusing though.

Whoever told you that isn't true. Although emphasis shows emotion, we do have tenses.

Fun fact: In Japanese, fat--as in "to be fat"--is a verb.