News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Doktor Howl

Started by Adios, May 10, 2010, 11:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Very much alive, I'd say! and so versatile, accessable, and still very Yee-haw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_fODduUkk4
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Adios

That damn song made me cry. The house in the video is so close to the one I grew up in.

Remington

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Is it plugged in?

Doktor Howl

The closest thing to real country music these days isn't even country, IMO.

It's Rehab, specifically The Bartender Song.  And NOT the "clean" version with Hank Jr.  No, the uncut version.  Hank Jr ought to be beaten with his dad's decayed femur for fucking that song up.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 10, 2010, 07:48:02 PM

It's Rehab, specifically The Bartender Song.  And NOT the "clean" version with Hank Jr.  No, the uncut version.  Hank Jr ought to be beaten with his dad's decayed femur for fucking that song up.

And here I thought you would like that song.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hawk on May 10, 2010, 07:51:03 PM

Which song?  The clean version?  Fuck that.  Hank Williams Jr is a pussified piece of puritanical shit these days, and should probably restrict himself to playing at Bingo Night at the centanarian's home.  He forgot his dad, he forgot his friends, and he forgot country music.

If you meant the song in the OP, it's not bad, but it doesn't smack me in the face the way Hank Sr or Johnny Cash did.

On a scale of Taylor Swift to Hank Sr, it gets a "meh".
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 10, 2010, 07:53:42 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 10, 2010, 07:51:03 PM

Which song?  The clean version?  Fuck that.  Hank Williams Jr is a pussified piece of puritanical shit these days, and should probably restrict himself to playing at Bingo Night at the centanarian's home.  He forgot his dad, he forgot his friends, and he forgot country music.

If you meant the song in the OP, it's not bad, but it doesn't smack me in the face the way Hank Sr or Johnny Cash did.

I meant the OP. Hank has sold out.

But here is a classic.
http://www.livevideo.com/video/F93688085D6143D69FC2DFBA02BE918E/david-allen-coe-the-rodeo-so.aspx

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hawk on May 10, 2010, 07:58:31 PM

But here is a classic.
http://www.livevideo.com/video/F93688085D6143D69FC2DFBA02BE918E/david-allen-coe-the-rodeo-so.aspx

1.  Hank Jr didn't sell out, he pussed out.  He used to be the spokesman for country music, back when he and his pals wrassled it away from the watered-down pantywaists of the 70s, but in the last 10 years he's become afraid of what country music is supposed to be.

2.  Coe has his moments.  You Never Even Called Me by My Name was GENIUS.  Most of the rest of his stuff is 1970's fluff, with a bit of old-fashioned racism built in.  David Ball is good when he goes raunchy, and Garth Brooks ranged from "AMAZING" to "SHUT THE FUCK UP, GARTH".  Darryl Worley is a fucking fake-ass Grand Ole Oprey product that should be shoved down a manhole, Alan Jackson does okay (needs more sleaze), and Toby Keith is tolerable.

There hasn't been a single decent female country song since Portland Oregon by Loretta Lynn (also most disturbing video in years), and before that Martina McBride's Independence Day.

Almost everything else done in the last 40 years is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH! :crankey:
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 10, 2010, 08:10:15 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 10, 2010, 07:58:31 PM

But here is a classic.

1.  Hank Jr didn't sell out, he pussed out.  He used to be the spokesman for country music, back when he and his pals wrassled it away from the watered-down pantywaists of the 70s, but in the last 10 years he's become afraid of what country music is supposed to be.

2.  Coe has his moments.  You Never Even Called Me by My Name was GENIUS.  Most of the rest of his stuff is 1970's fluff, with a bit of old-fashioned racism built in.  David Ball is good when he goes raunchy, and Garth Brooks ranged from "AMAZING" to "SHUT THE FUCK UP, GARTH".  Darryl Worley is a fucking fake-ass Grand Ole Oprey product that should be shoved down a manhole, Alan Jackson does okay (needs more sleaze), and Toby Keith is tolerable.

There hasn't been a single decent female song since Portland Oregon by Loretta Lynn (also most disturbing video in years), and before that Martina McBride's Independence Day.

Almost everything else done in the last 40 years is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH! :crankey:

but....Gretchen Wilson.... my wife has given me permission to have a threesome with gretchen.....

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hawk on May 10, 2010, 08:12:18 PM

but....Gretchen Wilson.... my wife has given me permission to have a threesome with gretchen.....

Pop.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 10, 2010, 08:13:07 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 10, 2010, 08:12:18 PM

Pop.

OK, confused here. I consider her very country. Not all tear in my beer stuff but not pop either.

So where do you stand on Chris Ledoux?