News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

The art of making hamburgers

Started by Adios, May 10, 2010, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Yeah, that often gets overlooked by beginners.  The best meats are done low and slow, with a certain amount of neglect.  They don't brown well if you move them, and they don't take on smoke flavor if the lid is off.

Adios

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 07, 2010, 05:58:56 PM
Guys:

I'm off egg and dairy, is there anything else I can use for hanburger mixes?

Egg whites (comes in a carton) and Ritz crackers for the binder. If egg whites don't work for you use a corn starch and cold water mix along with the Ritz crackers.

(You can use a roux if you really like the taste of flour, but butter is critical to a roux.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nast on August 16, 2010, 11:06:13 PM
Quote from: Cainad on August 16, 2010, 11:01:47 PM
Another bit of advice I learned about grilling burgers, for newbies: Don't go crazy flipping them. It takes a bit of practice if you're not experienced, but eventually you'll learn about how long it takes for one side to finish cooking, and then the other.

If you flip it a dozen times your burger will get dizzy and lose its sense of direction. And there's only ONE direction it should be going.

INTO UR MOUF?

PERVERT

All this talk of... orifices is positively unsettling.

Er, I mean, yes.

Adios

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 16, 2010, 11:08:21 PM
Yeah, that often gets overlooked by beginners.  The best meats are done low and slow, with a certain amount of neglect.  They don't brown well if you move them, and they don't take on smoke flavor if the lid is off.

Cooking is the art of patience.

Rumckle

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 16, 2010, 11:22:15 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on August 16, 2010, 11:08:21 PM

Cooking is the art of patience.

I don't have that problem, I more have the problem of inattentiveness when cooking
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I COOK WITH RAGE AND VIGOR!!

keeps the meat tender.