News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

America: The Grim truth

Started by BabylonHoruv, May 10, 2010, 10:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Remington

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 11, 2010, 07:00:54 PM
You know, it's not even that long of a drive. Hmmm.
They have very nice campgrounds.
It's also rather close to Banff, and other places like Johnstone Canyon, the Banff Springs Hotel, the Hoodoos, and Sulfur Mountain.

Johnstone Canyon
-Really nice canyon with a series of beatiful waterfalls. 3-4 km to the top of the canyon
-Past the top, there's another 4-5 km of wilderness trail to the Inkpots. The Inkpots are small rocky pools of water that bubble with hot springs and have naturally coloured mud.
-WHISKEYJACKS. These are quite possibly the best birds ever: if you hold up a piece of food they'll swoop down and snatch it from your hand.

Banff Springs Hotel
-Expensive as FUCK.
-Free to look around, though.
-Tons of history, it's very old-style Victorian.
-Very, very haunted. I don't personally believe in that sort of thing, but there are tons of stories about the Hotel.

Sulfur Mountain
-One of the mountains overlooking the town of Banff
-Amazing view, plus there's a gondola that takes you to the top

Banff
-Quintessential tourist town. Everything is fairly expensive, but there's tourist shops galore (including a particularly nice Rom and Gem store that I like)
-Good for window-shopping and souvenirs

My GF and I are going to be tenting in the Rockies anyway this summer, so it would be awesome if you guys could come down  :)
Is it plugged in?

Remington

Sorry for threadjacking.

The article is pretty grim, but it seems rather accurate. Unfortunately  :sad:
Is it plugged in?

Jasper

Well...

I guess I'd better get my degree so I can emigrate eventually.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Remington on May 11, 2010, 07:23:00 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 11, 2010, 07:00:54 PM
You know, it's not even that long of a drive. Hmmm.
They have very nice campgrounds.
It's also rather close to Banff, and other places like Johnstone Canyon, the Banff Springs Hotel, the Hoodoos, and Sulfur Mountain.

Johnstone Canyon
-Really nice canyon with a series of beatiful waterfalls. 3-4 km to the top of the canyon
-Past the top, there's another 4-5 km of wilderness trail to the Inkpots. The Inkpots are small rocky pools of water that bubble with hot springs and have naturally coloured mud.
-WHISKEYJACKS. These are quite possibly the best birds ever: if you hold up a piece of food they'll swoop down and snatch it from your hand.

Banff Springs Hotel
-Expensive as FUCK.
-Free to look around, though.
-Tons of history, it's very old-style Victorian.
-Very, very haunted. I don't personally believe in that sort of thing, but there are tons of stories about the Hotel.

Sulfur Mountain
-One of the mountains overlooking the town of Banff
-Amazing view, plus there's a gondola that takes you to the top

Banff
-Quintessential tourist town. Everything is fairly expensive, but there's tourist shops galore (including a particularly nice Rom and Gem store that I like)
-Good for window-shopping and souvenirs

My GF and I are going to be tenting in the Rockies anyway this summer, so it would be awesome if you guys could come down  :)

It's only a 13-14 hour drive, and I'm all about the camping, especially if I can find a friend to come with me, which I pretty much certainly can.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rumckle

I like the comment:

go anywhere but please stay the fuck out of Oz -- 'sepos' are definitely NOT WELCOME!

:lulz:
Crazy racist Australians!
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Remington

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 12, 2010, 07:48:34 AM
It's only a 13-14 hour drive, and I'm all about the camping, especially if I can find a friend to come with me, which I pretty much certainly can.
Cool! PM me when you've got a date in mind.
Is it plugged in?

Jasper

I have learned a new hate slur for Americans.  This is a good day. :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Remington on May 12, 2010, 07:59:35 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 12, 2010, 07:48:34 AM
Cool! PM me when you've got a date in mind.

Awesome, I will!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Placid Dingo

Most Aussies (or at least most worth knowing) aren't scary crazy rascist. At least not towards Americans.

Seppo is rhyming slang for Septic Tank; Yank. But it's not usually used is a nasty way. It's kind of similar to the use of 'dickhead' as a term of endearment.

Anyway, post Obama, Americans are pretty safe here. There's a definite, attitude shift.

OR if you get trapped by the racists, just play the 'i'm from Canada card.'
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Rumckle

Or Septik Tank: as in Americans are full of shit. Anyway, Australian only get into fights based on reandom drunkenness, not country of origin.

BTW Dingo, where are you from?

Reginald Ret

12 vacation days?
Fuck, i'd die.

owait you have 13 days now. yay for you.
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922052.html

moar stats!:
United States      Not required, but 7-21 days is standard for most employers. Typically, 10 working days with 8 national holidays.
United Kingdom      20 calendar days, plus 8 bank holidays
Netherlands      4 weeks
Australia      Not required, but 28 days is standard. Additional Long service leave is also payable.
France      5 weeks + 2 weeks of RTT (Reduction du Temps de Travail, in English : Reduction of Working Time) = 7 weeks. The most significant vacation time of any country in the world.

France wins!

i work (on average) 3 days a week now. so i have only about 3/5th of paid vacation. but on the other hand i do have 2 extra free days every week.
Now to find a job where i get 3-4 days/week + job security.
This is progress, people. Still earning enough with less work.
It was the selling point behind automation.
This is how the future should be!
Robots do the work and people get more leisure time.
Now all i need is my flying car.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Placid Dingo

I'm Ozzy, hence the defence of my people :D

And yeah, the drunk thing is pretty true, and a pain in the arse. I spent time in Japan, and it was so refreshing to go out drinking and not be constantly trying to avoid conflicts.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Rumckle

Heh, yeah I was rather amazed when I was in Canada about the lack of bar fights, which in turn made the bouncers friendlier.

Quote from: Regret on May 20, 2010, 03:54:56 PM

France wins!

Wasn't France named the best country in the world recently? One of those standard of living thingies.