News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Rapture

Started by Cramulus, May 11, 2010, 03:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

a work in progress...

Every time you hear the AUM it is the same time, it is the same AUM.

He got down on his knees and stuck out his tongue.

She gave him the drug.

"What's this called?" he asked as the little gates all over his body began to open.

"Rapture," she said, smiling beatifically, "It's so new it's not even illegal yet."

No, I'm scared, he thought to himself, No, am I going to embarrass myself in front of her? No I just wanted to fuck her and that means saying Yes and I said I'm ready for it Yes and now her bedroom is starting to glow Yes.

"What's that noise, that tone, that buzz?" he asked.

"It's everything," she said as she melted, "It's the sound of the whole universe."

"Is it real? or am I hallucinating?"

She smiled, her eyes glassy, a tangled halo. Under her clothes there was a body. Unknowing meat. There was a spark inside that meat which made it Her but he saw it was just a spark, a flickering candle, a rising cinder.

He was seeing behind the veil, and he rubbed his eyes. "There is nothing in this room, really, is there?"

She didn't answer because she wasn't even there. And neither was he. Just the humming AUM of all existence.

This time it wasn't about the meat's sensations, it wasn't even about the fucking. Sometimes it's like an expensive steak dinner - it's delicious, and then it's over. But behind the curtain, there is no steak and there's nobody around to eat it anyway.

Two tree branches intertwined fingers, the capillaries of existence going AUM it's the sound of blood rushing through the heart. This is it, behind the veil. Why is it hard to remember we're the same tree? Why can we only unite in this rapturous moment and then we forget and we remember to fear the Other, but not now.

And all the selves, ghosts, demons, gods, all went OM together, the mouth wide and sound flowing out like the entire ocean, the entire world, the sound of the planets spinning silently in space whipping around the sun at rollercoaster speeds AAAAA it goes UUUUU and then MMMMM the mouth closes swallowing it all.

It's not the big bang, it's the hot crunch at the end, the mouth of Shiva closing, all matter pressed together united in one dense singularity and then silence.

That is why they chant the mantra, they say AUM over and over again because it is the ''only'' word, it is the ''only'' sound, it is the lotus unfolding and then blowing away, it is the snake swallowing its own tail, it is the figure eight, it is the bumper to bumper traffic somebody honks at you, you and all of the sudden you're back in your body. And it's Monday. And you're 19 now and you're 23 now you're 29 now 37 now 53 now you're 79 now you're dying now and we're all together now it's silent, Yes,

and the mantra starts again.

LMNO

This is not meant as a negative criticism: Sounds very RAWilson-esque... just don't launch into three pages of word salad from here.

Cramulus

this was inspired by a combination of reading the diamond sutra and watching this grant morrison talk last night, I had these crazy dreams, and I had to get some of it down on paper this morning

the grant morrison line which stuck in my head was about how if you stick your fingers through a 2D plane,
on that 2D plane it appears like five circles,
and if you were on that 2D plane, you wouldn't know those circles are part of the same hand.

And Grant says that we're like that, we're different parts of the same five-dimensional being. But we think we're separate entities. And that's the illusion.

and the diamond sutra is about how if I think I am enlightened, I am wrong because really there is no me. And there is no you. There are no little parts, there is just the whole thing at once.

It's weird, because I thought I had gotten past that navel staring phase of "this is all an illusion!", but I guess I'm still making up my mind

the bottom line is that you can't ignore the illusion

I was in a dream once and I realized it, and I said to this dream character, "Hey, do you know you're not real? What's it like?" and she said to me, "Who cares? Does that have any bearing on how you're going to treat me?"

like, even if this is the matrix, it's still not okay to kill people

keroauc wrote a poem about all this, and johnny depp read it for this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzIsVfZoI1A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Reminded me a bit of Heinlein. Not a bad thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on May 11, 2010, 04:01:32 PM
This is not meant as a negative criticism: Sounds very RAWilson-esque...

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 11, 2010, 04:55:52 PM
Reminded me a bit of Heinlein. Not a bad thing.

thanks guys! Those are generous comparisons, to be sure!

I wonder if two "not bads" make a "good"  :p

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

It reminded me of Kerouac, who I also have enjoyed. There's something very commonplace about it, but also quietly important.

Unfortunately, there also is an advertising jingle that the AUM noise makes me think of.

Fucking advertising fucks.

Anyways, great post, it reminds me of some extremely transformative periods of my life.

... just don't launch into three pages of word salad from here.

Word salad is my anti-drug.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Rococo Modem Basilisk

It deserves :mittens:

I for one totally wouldn't mind three pages of word salad, if it was like that.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO

Ah, but it wouldn't be.  It would be something like...

QuoteThat is why they chant the mantra, they say AUM over and over again because it is the ''only'' word, it is the ''only'' sound, it is the lotus unfolding and then blowing away, it is the snake swallowing its own tail, it is the figure eight, it is the bumper to bumper traffic somebody honks at you, you and all of the sudden you're back in your body. And it's Monday. And you're 19 now and you're 23 now you're 29 now 37 now 53 now you're 79 now you're dying now and we're all together now it's silent, Yes,

And the tunnel becomes a light and a short, sharp shock, and with a scream it begins anew the holy mother breast the schoolyard the rules and the dominance and the paperwork starts and the dream is lost and the nail sharp in my arm coldwatering blue eyes telling me "no" and being pushed down my pants are torn thin bloodline across the knee humiliation greater than hurt tears and braces and the sound of courderoy pants scuffing against itself with embarassing erections in front of blackboard white chalk flushed faced unfinished algebra equation sent walking scuffchuffchuff to principles smash cut to acne scabs and rejection dejection masturbating later in the dark scared of truth and accepting lies fade out fade in desks and pencils with circledots on paper the only indicators of worth and intelligence being right being wrong none of the above and i don't know doesn't exist look at your father's face your mother's face the face of the girl who will never love you the face of your boss the face of the past the face of the future the face of everything...

Something like that.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I like that. Maybe I'm just a sucker for stream of consciousness.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Pariah

:mittens:

Liked this quite a bit. Maybe to be placed in Audio Book of the Dead?

Quote from: E. A. Waterhaus II on May 12, 2010, 03:20:08 PM
I like that. Maybe I'm just a sucker for stream of consciousness.

No shit.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

LMNO

Maybe I'm such a brilliant writer that I can't help myself but create great things, even when I'm attempting mocking satire.

:lulz:

MMIX

Quote from: LMNO on May 12, 2010, 02:51:03 PM
Ah, but it wouldn't be.  It would be something like...

QuoteThat is why they chant the mantra, they say AUM over and over again because it is the ''only'' word, it is the ''only'' sound, it is the lotus unfolding and then blowing away, it is the snake swallowing its own tail, it is the figure eight, it is the bumper to bumper traffic somebody honks at you, you and all of the sudden you're back in your body. And it's Monday. And you're 19 now and you're 23 now you're 29 now 37 now 53 now you're 79 now you're dying now and we're all together now it's silent, Yes,

And the tunnel becomes a light and a short, sharp shock, and with a scream it begins anew the holy mother breast the schoolyard the rules and the dominance and the paperwork starts and the dream is lost and the nail sharp in my arm coldwatering blue eyes telling me "no" and being pushed down my pants are torn thin bloodline across the knee humiliation greater than hurt tears and braces and the sound of courderoy pants scuffing against itself with embarassing erections in front of blackboard white chalk flushed faced unfinished algebra equation sent walking scuffchuffchuff to principles smash cut to acne scabs and rejection dejection masturbating later in the dark scared of truth and accepting lies fade out fade in desks and pencils with circledots on paper the only indicators of worth and intelligence being right being wrong none of the above and i don't know doesn't exist look at your father's face your mother's face the face of the girl who will never love you the face of your boss the face of the past the face of the future the face of everything...

Something like that.

Sadly this isn't as bad as you presumably meant it to be; possibly because it is just a short piece . . . LMNO fails to fail ITT

@Cram - loved the OP will look forward to updates . . .
I especially liked the last paragraph it had a very rhythmical, kind of sub-musical feel . . . I could "hear" it being spoken . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

It seems like you have an axe to grind about pinealism, LMNO.

I'd be happy to argue for it against you, but how about somewhere more appropriate?

Like SED's thread or Cram's Pinealist thread or the Pinealist entry at Discordipedia.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Triple Zero

This is not meant as a negative criticism: Sounds very RAWilson-esque...

Totally. And in a good way! I liked it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on May 12, 2010, 09:15:54 PM
It seems like you have an axe to grind about pinealism, LMNO.

I'd be happy to argue for it against you, but how about somewhere more appropriate?

Like SED's thread or Cram's Pinealist thread or the Pinealist entry at Discordipedia.

Who, me?  Not a chance.  I'm all for well-done work, regardless.  My point was that if Cram went into word salad mode after the OP, it would sound derivative and cliche.  So the advice to be cautious was more of a stylistic one, rather than an anti-Pinealist one.