News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

I love the queers

Started by Vene, May 11, 2010, 05:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vene

QuoteOn a bustling Saturday afternoon at San Francisco's Westin St. Francis Hotel, there was a strange disturbance at the check-in counter. A seemingly innocuous gay couple had approached the front desk to inquire about checking in to the hotel. After speaking with the receptionist for moment, one of the women suddenly shouted frantically to her wife, in a voice that carried across the lobby, "Honey, I just realized we can't stay here, this hotel is under boycott!" Her partner promptly turned around and burst into song: "Oh-oh-oh-oh-NO! oh-oh-oh! We're caught in a bad hotel!"

As she sang people joined in from all over the lobby. Making their way from out of the cafe and out from every corner they gathered singing in unison. Much to the amazement of the hotel guests, a flash mob song & dance routine had began! Numbered among them was a brass band, brandishing clarinets, drums, susaphones, and giant horns, filling the ritzy lobby with sound, as dozens of dancers sang along at the top of their lungs.

The group was playing Lady Gaga's song "Bad Romance" rewritten to say, "Don't get caught in a bad hotel!" The event had been called to draw attention to to a boycott called by the workers of the hotel who are fighting to win a fair contract and affordable healthcare. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer activists put the song and dance together as a creative way to tell the hundreds of thousands of LGBTQ people from all over the country coming to San Francisco in June for Pride to honor the worker-called boycott.

link

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Turning life into an impromptu musical is a fantastic mindfuck.  These folks win everything forever.  Especially for settign up a flash mob with a brass band.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

If you're keeping score at home, the queers are currently winning by 7,354 points.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on May 11, 2010, 06:20:22 PM
If you're keeping score at home, the queers are currently winning by 7,354 points.

How many points do they need before they can get married and/or adopt kids?
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 11, 2010, 06:38:40 PM

How many points do they need before they can get married and/or adopt kids?

I know, right?

Also, courtesy of the step-monster-in-law, I've stayed there.  It ain't all that...but it sure does THINK it is...

Adios

But a queer still can't win American Idol no matter how much talent he has.

Please to deduct 5000 points. Thanks.

notathing

Quote from: Hawk on May 11, 2010, 07:07:30 PM

But a queer still can't win American Idol no matter how much talent he has.

Please to deduct 5000 points. Thanks.

no one cares about american idol lol

Elder Iptuous

that's fabulous!

wait.  LGBT.....Q?

when did 'Q' get added?  and whats the technical distinction?

AFK

Actually, now it's LGBTQQIA.

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, and Allies.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Elder Iptuous

:asplode:
when will they just switch to NS?
also, please to define the QQI section...

AFK

I'm not sure about the intersex part. 

Questioning, if I understand correctly, is bisexual with a question mark.  But I may be crudely oversimplifying that. 

The only reason I even know the acronym is because I've partnered with LGBTQQIA serving organizations in my work.

I guess that makes me an A.   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

My husband's new medical software has like 6 genders in it.  It is a bit mind-explodey at times, but it makes sense when he explains it.

Elder Iptuous

ok. 'questioning' = bi-curious.   get that.
but, what's the difference between 'queer' and 'gay'?
and wtf is intersex?  is that someone who only whacks off to the intarwebs?
can they add K for 'kinky' so i can get benefits, too?