Main Menu

Boiled Green Peanuts

Started by Adios, May 11, 2010, 07:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on May 12, 2010, 07:09:21 AM
Quote from: Suu on May 11, 2010, 08:30:13 PM
Boiled peanuts are fucking disgusting.
THIS. I haven't tried boiled peanuts in about 15 years but I still remember them being one of the worst foods I've ever eaten.

It has become twice as important for me to try these boiled peanuts now.

I've been searching for a food that I find disgusting but I have not yet found one.

Sardines, eel, squid, octopus, crocodile, crawfish, broccoli, brussel sprouts, asparagus....I'm at a loss here.

They're all good.

I bet you bastards are misrepresenting boiled peanuts too.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

hooplala

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on May 12, 2010, 09:01:31 AM
THIS. I haven't tried boiled peanuts in about 15 years but I still remember them being one of the worst foods I've ever eaten.

I've been searching for a food that I find disgusting but I have not yet found one.

Sardines, eel, squid, octopus, crocodile, crawfish, broccoli, brussel sprouts, asparagus....I'm at a loss here.

They're all good.

Really?  People find asparagus disgusting?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

What's interesting about all those foods is that, if you overcook them, they really do turn out pretty awful.

I blame parents who have no idea how to cook for teaching their kids that most vegetables have neither flavor nor texture.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on May 12, 2010, 04:25:58 AM
I fucking love boiled peanuts.
Done right, they're god damned delicious.

Once a year or so we drive out to My Dora or something for a family holiday thing and we pass a veggie stand with a dude boiling peanuts in an oil drum over a wood fire. We got the "cajun" flavored ones. And they tasted like REAL CAJUNS! No not really but they were fucking delicious!

OMG I've been there.  Have you ever been by the one where they have just the huge pot on the side of the road in front of a broke down ted's shed shack looking thing?  We used to go buy and get 2-3 bread bags full. 

I LOVE boiled peanuts!!!

Adios

They're all good.

Bioled green peanuts. The distinction is critical.

Adios

Quote from: Rumckle on May 12, 2010, 02:30:10 AM
Out of curiosity, why do you need to go to Georgia to get boiled peanuts?

Well you can also get them in other southern states. The art is to get them out of the ground just before they mature and it is an art.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I suspect that in Oregon you'll need to grow your own; a couple varieties do grow well here.

There are few foods I find disgusting, but BBQ eel and American breakfast pancakes are among them. Gross. Oh, also raw squid. The flavor is fine, but I can't cope with the texture at all.

As far as asparagus goes, I get my steamer hot and then drop in my asparagus shoots & cover for 5 minutes, no more. Then I pull them out and dress them with salt, butter, and lemon. The kids devour them as a finger food.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

They're all good.

Well everything you have mentioned I have eaten, some cooked a few different ways, so I agree, none are disgusting to me either.  Well I haven't had crocodile, but I have eaten alligator.

The most disgusting thing I ever had was stewed tripe with star fruit and other crap at a festival in FL or poi when I was in Hawaii years ago (the one made from taro), I'm not sure which one was worse and I won't try either again to decide.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 12, 2010, 04:13:05 PM

This.

You and Suu must be aliens from some desert planet.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hawk on May 12, 2010, 04:18:28 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 12, 2010, 04:13:05 PM

This.

You and Suu must be aliens from some desert planet.

Well, I am.  Suu's the Queen of America.
Molon Lube

Jenne

I have not tried these boiled green peanuts.  Now I must!

I second the "yuck" on poi...that shit was nasty-ass.  Had it in Kauai.  Tripe I'm sure could have been improved from how I had it...was just tasteless and rubbery in a homemade soup.  Had eel, it was fine.  Had gater jerky, it was fine.  Had cow testicles, they were fine, same with rabbit jerky, snails and frog's legs.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Khara on May 12, 2010, 03:49:00 PM
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on May 12, 2010, 04:25:58 AM
I fucking love boiled peanuts.
Done right, they're god damned delicious.

Once a year or so we drive out to My Dora or something for a family holiday thing and we pass a veggie stand with a dude boiling peanuts in an oil drum over a wood fire. We got the "cajun" flavored ones. And they tasted like REAL CAJUNS! No not really but they were fucking delicious!

OMG I've been there.  Have you ever been by the one where they have just the huge pot on the side of the road in front of a broke down ted's shed shack looking thing?  We used to go buy and get 2-3 bread bags full. 

I LOVE boiled peanuts!!!

That's the place!

Triple Zero

I have never heard of these things and must try them.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 12, 2010, 05:20:20 PM
I have never heard of these things and must try them.

C'mon down t- Flerider. We got the best, Mhm.
        \