News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Aaargh! It's filthy!

Started by BadBeast, May 12, 2010, 02:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

I'm halfway through cleaning my Stepfathers pond filter. It "wasn't flowing properly"  he said.
Probably because it hasn't been cleaned for about 8 years!  I mean, I'm all for a little Bio-diversity" but some of the things in the cistern must be unknown to Science! Foul, foul slimy mud, alive with things that would have woken  Gieger up in a cold sweat, had he dreamt of them. And the stench, God, the stench! I have to go back out, and run a hosepipe through the whole thing in a minute. Sobbing at the thought of it.
Why?  Why did my poor Mother have to marry a man who allowed such things to flourish? I have a good mind to fill the bloody pond in, and pave over it, as a car port. The memory of the stink will never leave me. "We'll all be old, and infirm one day" I hear you say.
Old people are just twisted, sick caricatures of everything that is wrong with the world!

(I don't mean that really, he's quite a sweet old fella, but the smell of that cistern is a wrongness that will stain my life,  to my dying day!)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Kai

The smell is from anaerobic decomposition, mostly SO2. I bet it's loaded down with chironomids, leaches, mosquito larvae, bacteria, bluegreen algae, ephydrid larvae and various other things I dare not speak of.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

BadBeast

Quote from: Kai on May 12, 2010, 02:30:25 PM
The smell is from anaerobic decomposition, mostly SO2. I bet it's loaded down with chironomids, leaches, mosquito larvae, bacteria, bluegreen algae, ephydrid larvae and various other things I dare not speak of.

Are Eels included in the "things of which you dare not speak"? There were three live eels about 10 inches long in the bottom of the cistern.
But I like eels, so I took them across the road, and put them in the Canal. Pond filter is now functional again. And serenity is slowly returning.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Kai

Quote from: BadBeast on May 12, 2010, 03:45:58 PM
Quote from: Kai on May 12, 2010, 02:30:25 PM

Are Eels included in the "things of which you dare not speak"? There were three live eels about 10 inches long in the bottom of the cistern.
But I like eels, so I took them across the road, and put them in the Canal. Pond filter is now functional again. And serenity is slowly returning.

No.

I don't run into eels over here.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish